Bitcoin Forum
August 11, 2024, 11:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do u use anti-static mat for your antminer shelf?  (Read 681 times)
Sandal_Hat (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:12:46 AM

Do u put an anti-static ESD mat for your antminer shelf? Pls advise.

I wondering if needed.

Will it help in any way? Increase lifespan of mining equipment or safer?

I notice no topics on this lol

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:29:09 AM

I guess it is not a problem since the machine is in casing.

U only need to stand on the mat when u are handling the device?
It only applies to handling the device on the inside right

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:39:33 PM

You dont need static insulation for handling the external case. If you are opening it up and working on the hashboards themselves it is a good idea.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

Lol, haven't touched those in years, I see no reason for the anti-static protection, but for what, $2, I suppose it could never hurt. I would worry more about heat and dust, and the abuse of simply using them. That is where the biggest faults seems to come from.

Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:04:02 AM

Lol, haven't touched those in years, I see no reason for the anti-static protection, but for what, $2, I suppose it could never hurt. I would worry more about heat and dust, and the abuse of simply using them. That is where the biggest faults seems to come from.

Agreed but I read info that there is ESD damage to circuits that we cannot see. Is that true?

It should cost more than 2 bucks imo.

Erelas

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:13:13 AM

A can of Static Guard spray, helps keep dust down anyway, so that doesn't hurt.  My opinion in saying that there is always ESD damage that we can never see is sort of like saying entropy is always there.

If the 2 bucks seems too cheap for a solution to potential ESD issues, then I am sure someone out there can put together a well-designed anti-stat product using all sorts of euphemisms to describe it's performance and charge you more if it will make you feel better.

More seriously though, just surge protect your lines going into the equipment, as imo actual lightning strikes nearby always seem to take out unprotected NIC's and phone lines around here, and yes, even protected ones.  Better homeowners policy instead of the ESD mat might be more useful.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Sandal_Hat (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:09:55 PM

Noted on the surge. Thanks

But u sure esd mat is so cheap?
Still gotta ground the esd mat right?

If u have links for a good one, pls advise

ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:56:58 PM

Noted on the surge. Thanks

But u sure esd mat is so cheap?
Still gotta ground the esd mat right?

If u have links for a good one, pls advise

If you are in the US then just get one off of Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/Velleman-AS4-Anti-Static-Ground-Cable/dp/B001IRVCJC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508345743&sr=8-3&keywords=esd+mat

~$14
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: