Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:16:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sell all alts to buy more cheaper?  (Read 1985 times)
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:10:25 PM

With the upcoming bitcoin fork and the so called "dividend" that will be received thru bitcoin gold the price of BTC is on the rise. I am considering selling all my altcoins, even at a loss, so that i can buy more of them once bitcoin's price rises up higher.

What are your thoughts on this? Would this be a good strategy?

I dont like to sell all my altcoins in a cheaper price and exchange it to bitcoin,all i can do is to hoard all of my stocks altcoins and patienly  waiiting the time that the value of  my alternating coins will increase,for me patience is a virtue, i wanna use my instinct in terms of selling or trading.

hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:22:25 PM

I think this is only appropriate if the price of Bitcoin is rising and if the altcoin is really potential then you should sell half and buy again when the price is lower. I always do that and limit the risk of investing in altcoin
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:51:04 PM

I think this is only appropriate if the price of Bitcoin is rising and if the altcoin is really potential then you should sell half and buy again when the price is lower. I always do that and limit the risk of investing in altcoin
Not every altcoin is highly potential to profit the users who have invested into it. Eliminating the risk of investing into bitcoin is possible by researching and finding the potential altcoin. Else the user needs the patience to keep hold of the coin buying low and for years. This will help with a profiting through trading.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Rebellious

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:35:24 PM

I don't think you should do that, it's very risky, I would hold for now and wait the end of the fork
UCHCHILD

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:57:24 PM

I find your strategy a good idea, because I can see the good calculation the possiblity of, if the price or value of bitcoin increases then the value of non btc or alt coin will going tl drop down, that is how crypto balances the circulation of money in this industry. But I think it is  ool if you both put money into.alt coin and some into bitcoin because I can see the win win price and profit from it.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:58:47 PM

With the upcoming bitcoin fork and the so called "dividend" that will be received thru bitcoin gold the price of BTC is on the rise. I am considering selling all my altcoins, even at a loss, so that i can buy more of them once bitcoin's price rises up higher.

Could be a good move, depends on what you are holding.  There will no doubt be a lot of people doing the same thing so the price of alts could go down a good bit ahead of the fork so this might be a good strategy, myself I am just going to hold on to what I have just in case Smiley
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:05:19 PM

I don't think you should do that, it's very risky, I would hold for now and wait the end of the fork
yes its really risky who knows when alts will bounce back even btc are showing some downfall we aren't sure when is the timing to hold or sell
our alts its better to keep them on hold instead of trying to sell and rebuy.
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:07:16 PM

I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but i did same. It is really risky, but i have feeling that this way i will earn more. I was lucky that i didn't lose much by selling my alt coins, you shouldn't sell alt coins for terrible price, you aren't forced to sell all of them.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:22:01 PM

It will be a good strategy for me but its up to your own strategy, follow your feels or guts because at the end of the day it was your money who will be at risk. If your main point is to get some bitcoin gold as you are holding more bitcoin before the fork then its a good move. If you have more risk = more gain of course!

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:26:53 PM

Looks like many people sell their altcoins for bitcoins and the price of the bitcoins go down. I think that after the hard fork the altcoins will recover.
Bitcoin price is not going down, it actually has a good amount right now, and it rises and continues to rise, so I think it is not a bad idea to sell altcoins to bitcoins. Bitcoin is also a good investment and it has a good future since we are just expected $5000 this Month and it just boost into $5600 price. So I guess it will also reach $6000 by this year. So let us hope and just be patient even hard fork will come. For sure it will still recover after the hard fork.
We cant still be sure if the price would stabilize or consider this 5k range to be the new floor of bitcoins price which i do really believe that price would somehow correct after the fork event.Its not really bad to accumulate bitcoin by selling altcoins but we must be sure we are not on negative side.Its better to hold them than to risk on selling them on loss.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:49:51 PM

Looks like many people sell their altcoins for bitcoins and the price of the bitcoins go down. I think that after the hard fork the altcoins will recover.
Bitcoin price is not going down, it actually has a good amount right now, and it rises and continues to rise, so I think it is not a bad idea to sell altcoins to bitcoins. Bitcoin is also a good investment and it has a good future since we are just expected $5000 this Month and it just boost into $5600 price. So I guess it will also reach $6000 by this year. So let us hope and just be patient even hard fork will come. For sure it will still recover after the hard fork.
We cant still be sure if the price would stabilize or consider this 5k range to be the new floor of bitcoins price which i do really believe that price would somehow correct after the fork event.Its not really bad to accumulate bitcoin by selling altcoins but we must be sure we are not on negative side.Its better to hold them than to risk on selling them on loss.
holding it can be a good way but it will only depends if we don't need to sell it for different matters,  so if plan for long term investment then be it
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:52:08 PM

A clever idea now would be, hold the altcoins you have now or sell them to buy bitcoins. The value has really raised high now. Other altcoins growth is good as per coinmarketcap.com.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:30:25 PM

You know what? I am gathering the same idea. LOL. But I rely more on alternative coins rather than that bitcoin fork. For example, you only have less than 1 btc, for example you have .1 btc out of alts. Well it is not worth switching to btc. What would be your profit if we say that the price of one BTG is 300 usd? Your gain is only 30 usd? Is that enough for you? What I am saying now is to hodl altcoins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:24:19 PM

This would be in your benefit, if you are shifting your investment from the unreliable altcoins to the most reliable crypto i.e Bitcoin. Altcoins will likely to dump if the price of Bitcoin will continue to rise more and more. Don't wait to buy Bitcoins just do it as soon as possible before the price elevation, you will never regret on your decision.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:32:00 PM

This is what exactly most of the traders do in order to gain more profit, they buy the coins at cheaper rates and sell them once the market is high. It is just like that of stock, buying at low rates and selling at higher rates. This is actually a very technical kind of thing and you need to make your decisions very much wisely. Only then you can earn good amount of profit.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:35:52 PM

Maybe, but we are still unsure of what is ahead of use. Rumors are rumors ang prediction are prediction. Maybe it's safer to sell alts in a price that is higher than the cost you have bought them. So profits will stay as profits. I know that risking for a better profit is a goal but when it comes to deciding, and you can have both, I think it's better to wait and sell at high price. That's a sure earn.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:05:35 PM

It's a good strategy, but I do not recommend to sell at loss as most altcoins prices seems declining during bitcoin rally.
Bitcoin new ATH set at over $5900 on OKCoin back in few days ago, and bitcoin price still struggle to reach $6K, maybe this week, put all of your funds in it then you will get more profits obviously. On the other hand, you can make more profit with buy back more altcoins after bitcoin reach its peak.

wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:19:05 PM

yes its really risky who knows when alts will bounce back even btc are showing some downfall we aren't sure when is the timing to hold or sell
our alts its better to keep them on hold instead of trying to sell and rebuy.

Yes is always there in all types of trading but you need to take the risk if you want to make money.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 02:52:06 AM

That sounds a good plan but if you sell your altcoins even at a loss is quite not good. So do you have more investment in altcoins which is equivalent to bitcoin cash?

Just do some analysis on altcoins which may regain its value back after a hard fork. I would suggest if you can sell only some part of altcoins and invest those income in bitcoin or in upcoming bitcoin gold. So that you can manage your holdings and earn something at the same time.
yanto@1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:06:39 AM

I think that is a good plan for now, " devidend " will make altcoin price action falling down and we must prepare for that. Sell all altcoin and replace it into bitcoin or currency will protect our asset. Wait and see the price again and wait to buy another coins for investing or trading. Nice move and will make us no panic sell and also give time to analyze what should we do if this moment happen again. Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: