Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:47:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumps on the road to BTC general adaptation, preventing increase in its price  (Read 1127 times)
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:47:28 AM

I looked at my web search history and I see that I searched for bitcoin back in 2013, 2016 and 2017. In every instance, I saw negative comments, especially from mainstream media and how useless bitcoin is. Most of the time apparently I went to bitcoin.com and it did not convince me to get bitcoin. I vaguely remember going to a faucet one time back in 2013 but it was full of ads and I did not get the concept back then Sad
This happened until after I was fired from my job and saw the high increase in 2017 July, which is kinda late. I spent like 2 months to figure out how to send fiat money to a good exchange.
These are the bumps on the road to the general adaptation of bitcoin.
Do you have an idea on how we can make Google search bitcoin-friendly?

Even now the top three search results come up with:
Bitcoin rallies to hit a one-month high but experts warn of a volatile upcoming event
C[Suspicious link removed]m · 23 hours ago
Bitcoin's price bubble will burst under government pressure
The Guardian · 18 hours ago
Collapse of Bitcoin Inevitable According to Harvard Economics Professor
CoinTelegraph · 5 hours ago
ALL NEGATIVE!
krishnapramod
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:45:22 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2017, 08:05:45 AM by krishnapramod

I looked at my web search history and I see that I searched for bitcoin back in 2013, 2016 and 2017. In every instance, I saw negative comments, especially from mainstream media and how useless bitcoin is. Most of the time apparently I went to bitcoin.com and it did not convince me to get bitcoin. I vaguely remember going to a faucet one time back in 2013 but it was full of ads and I did not get the concept back then Sad
This happened until after I was fired from my job and saw the high increase in 2017 July, which is kinda late. I spent like 2 months to figure out how to send fiat money to a good exchange.

Bitcoin rallies to hit a one-month high but experts warn of a volatile upcoming event
ALL NEGATIVE!

A good number of mainstream financial media outlets are against Bitcoin, they just want to spread negativity and FUD. Drop in price, Bitcoin is dead, surge in price, Bitcoin is in bubble. They wouldn't stop until their negativity gets masked by mainstream positivity about Bitcoin.

As far as Google search is concerned, I recently read that bitcoin has about 91% correlation with Google searches.

The current price of bitcoin has a 91% correlation with the volume of Google search requests for bitcoin-related terms, according to a study by SEMrush, a search engine marketing agency.

The study drew from a database of 120 million US keyword searches linked to the cryptocurrency. The overall search volume of bitcoin-related keywords is estimated to be 51.4 million requests over a period of a year. It showed that the price of bitcoin in US dollars rose and fell largely in tandem with the number of search requests for terms like "bitcoin," "bitcoin price," and "bitcoin value."

At one level, the study merely confirms the obvious: As bitcoin becomes more expensive, and thus more exciting, more people search online to find out how it is doing.

Bitcoin searches have gone up 450% since April 2017, SEMrush says

People who are new and genuinely interested in understanding the ideological, technological, and monetary aspects of Bitcoin wouldn't just turn away because some individuals think Bitcoin is fraud or is a bubble about to burst or is going to collapse.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-correlation-google-search-2017-9?IR=T
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:05:06 AM

I don't think adaptation of bitcoin all over the world will prevent increase in its pricing. I have been said this several times that we need the positive and negative comments for us to be able to get balance in bitcoin. If all the comments about bitcoin is positive then price will get to the level were nobody will be able to buy and that will be the end of bitcoin. Negative comments and news help to bring about price correlation that will lead to stability in price.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:05:55 AM

Yeah, about the google searches. I understand that the number of searches increases right after a steep price increase and not the other way around. Maybe the number of youtube searches would be a more useful indicator as people tend to search for videos when they genuinely want to learn something.

This sucks:
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:08:41 AM

I don't think adaptation of bitcoin all over the world will prevent increase in its pricing. I have been said this several times that we need the positive and negative comments for us to be able to get balance in bitcoin. If all the comments about bitcoin is positive then price will get to the level were nobody will be able to buy and that will be the end of bitcoin. Negative comments and news help to bring about price correlation that will lead to stability in price.
I support that so that we can buy more btc but it seems that all the main news are negative!
and bitcoin.com is not as convincing and easy as it should be, turning off newcomers.
Jovovich

Activity: 316

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:40:55 AM

I support that so that we can buy more btc but it seems that all the main news are negative!
and bitcoin.com is not as convincing and easy as it should be, turning off newcomers.

Not all news are negative but sometimes this news comes from veterans traders that are giving negative comments on btc and it sounds convincing until we see other postive news about bitcoin that is far more better than those bad news like the news about schools accepting bitcoin, for me thats a start for further uses of bitcoin.
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:37:50 PM

I am constantly watching a lot of forums all over the internet, and i have to say that i am seeing more bitcoin lovers everyday, it is incredible how the community is rising, maybe it is a little bit weird, but it is happening.
But it is obvious that there is negative people, and most of them are only saying that we are in a giant bubble and that it is going to crash soon, but those who are saying that, are the ones who doesnt even have $10 to buy bitcoin, and are jealous about those who bought bitcoin at a very cheap rate.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:29:20 PM

Most viral marketing campaigns proliferate through peer-to-peer based word of mouth, rather than big brand, top down, advertising. Famous memes aren't backed by multi million dollar commercial runs on primetime networks. Yet they reach millions of people around the globe and can penetrate further into society's collective consciousness than big media names like CNN or Fox News.

If our goal is for crypto to become more mainstream, perhaps that's a route we can take. Grassroots movements. Memes. Peer to peer marketing. Focusing on the type of 4chan caturday business models which allow average people on the internet to compete with big brands in terms of exposure.

If crypto had a rough equivalent to lolcat memes, that would go a long way towards overturning the polarised media coverage which trends towards being anti crypto.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:53:19 PM

ALL NEGATIVE!

I've noticed oddly how the media reacts to bitcoin rises and drops as well.

From what I've noticed, however, is that when Bitcoin is on the rise, there are more positive articles than negative ones. This adds more hope to bitcoin from those who don't know about it on the outside.

However, on the flip side, when Bitcoin is tanking (as it was with China FUD), there are more negative articles coming to the front than positive ones.

I really don't understand what goes through the media's mind. It often seems like they can't keep their mind to one opinion...

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:06:12 PM

ALL NEGATIVE!

I've noticed oddly how the media reacts to bitcoin rises and drops as well.

From what I've noticed, however, is that when Bitcoin is on the rise, there are more positive articles than negative ones. This adds more hope to bitcoin from those who don't know about it on the outside.

However, on the flip side, when Bitcoin is tanking (as it was with China FUD), there are more negative articles coming to the front than positive ones.

I really don't understand what goes through the media's mind. It often seems like they can't keep their mind to one opinion...
Knowing media that they are on neutral side which they would really tell the news either on positive or negative side which i can say that we cant do anything about it since they are doing their job and the worst case on here that there are media who do only focuses on negative side of bitcoin which would really make some impacts in the minds into those people who dont even have on what is bitcoin and if media would tell such false informations for sure will affect its views thoughts about bitcoin.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:47:03 AM

One other bump on the road to adaptation is the difficulty in purchasing bitcoin even now.
People simply do not want to scan their id (or take its pictures) along with their social security etc.
If there was a place they could purchase btc like a bank or something, it would open up mass adoption.
People trust some office more than a website, and thats the way it is.
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:28:23 AM

ALL NEGATIVE!

Think of it this way.... All these negative news items are giving you an opportunity to buy cheap bitcoins. It is inevitable that there will be vested interests who will be able to profit as long as Bitcoin does not take off. They will be able to manipulate the narrative in such a way that the common masses stay away for as much time as possible.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:17:45 AM

news and the media is not the way to find out about bitcoin. and sadly they are all filled with "price" related stuff not what actually matters. and from what i have seen anything else they talk about is somehow price related even if it is indirectly related.

to really understand bitcoin you should read more about the "project". read the white paper written by Satoshi Nakamoto for example to understand why bitcoin was even created. what does it mean to use something that is called "decentralized (peer to peer) digital cash).

if anyone does that, then all the news above will look pretty silly!

we have to stop talking about "price" and start talking about other stuff more. such as the shops that are accepting bitcoin, how their revenue has been increasing a lot ever since they did that.

example: overstock.com

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:25:35 AM

news and the media is not the way to find out about bitcoin. and sadly they are all filled with "price" related stuff not what actually matters. and from what i have seen anything else they talk about is somehow price related even if it is indirectly related.

to really understand bitcoin you should read more about the "project". read the white paper written by Satoshi Nakamoto for example to understand why bitcoin was even created. what does it mean to use something that is called "decentralized (peer to peer) digital cash).

we have to stop talking about "price" and start talking about other stuff more. such as the shops that are accepting bitcoin, how their revenue has been increasing a lot ever since they did that.

Fully support you. The speculative price of bitcoin can rise sharply and even faster fall. The higher the price will rise the lower they will fall. I think it would be better if the price was stable and thus evolved the turnover of bitcoins in trade. Then it might have been observed in production. Right now bitcoin still has all the signs of a bubble.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:41:22 AM

Fully support you. The speculative price of bitcoin can rise sharply and even faster fall. The higher the price will rise the lower they will fall. I think it would be better if the price was stable and thus evolved the turnover of bitcoins in trade. Then it might have been observed in production. Right now bitcoin still has all the signs of a bubble.
What seems like a bubble is not a bubble actually. This is how I think about it. This is the result of the new adoptions. After China ban bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and the exchanges in China stopped operations I think from some other part of the world bitcoin got adoption on a high level. Someone new grabbed the opportunity and is utilizing it in a smart manner.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

What seems like a bubble is not a bubble actually. This is how I think about it. This is the result of the new adoptions. After China ban bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and the exchanges in China stopped operations I think from some other part of the world bitcoin got adoption on a high level. Someone new grabbed the opportunity and is utilizing it in a smart manner.

Well, everybody is saying its a frigging bubble but then btc gets back up. You just cannot knock it down!.
I agree with you all that it gets us cheaper prices, but I just cant get over the fact that it delayed me so much and there is still no easy way to purchase these currencies other than surrendering your id information and other stuff.
peterthegreat

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:54:36 PM

There will always be bumps on the road to general adaptation because it'll be a learning curve. But I think once there are more user friendly services then you will really see it start to pick up.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:31:32 PM

ALL NEGATIVE!

The negativity will never stop at least not in the mean time because the forces against bitcoin are those who controls the media and when you have media in your pocket, everything seems to fall in place but against them, do the whole world, you have done nothing.

In the case of bitcoin, the most important is to be able to see the bright side not to be discouraged with the negativity by seeing beyond what ordinary are seeing. A lot of people like you who had the opportunity to be part of the early adopters have turned back because of  news like that but at the end blamed themselves for not taking time to understand before jumping into conclusion.

Its never too late in my opinion, and I feel there is nothing to lose if it didn't go as expected but everything to lose if things turn out to be the best decision ever to be made.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:06:06 PM

ALL NEGATIVE!

The negativity will never stop at least not in the mean time because the forces against bitcoin are those who controls the media and when you have media in your pocket, everything seems to fall in place but against them, do the whole world, you have done nothing.

In the case of bitcoin, the most important is to be able to see the bright side not to be discouraged with the negativity by seeing beyond what ordinary are seeing. A lot of people like you who had the opportunity to be part of the early adopters have turned back because of  news like that but at the end blamed themselves for not taking time to understand before jumping into conclusion.

Its never too late in my opinion, and I feel there is nothing to lose if it didn't go as expected but everything to lose if things turn out to be the best decision ever to be made.
Yeah, it better to be late than never right!
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

If the major coin holders decide to dump their millions of bitcoins the bubble will burst, however the world will continue needing a decentralized currency. I hope one day you understand it's not bitcoin doing these jumps and bounces, people are causing them. if you stop looking at them to see what might be their next decision, you need to see the reason for you being involved in bitcoin market. My reason is to be a queen in the future by holding 40+ BTC.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: