Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallet Coin Support  (Read 324 times)
CryptoGhoul (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:48:43 AM

I created a personal wallet at MyEtherWallet my question is does it have a limitation on what coin/token I can store at that personal wallet address? I have a few coins on an Exchange and would rather have them in my personal wallet but not sure if it would support them. Can anyone shine some light on this for me?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:49:59 AM

I created a personal wallet at MyEtherWallet my question is does it have a limitation on what coin/token I can store at that personal wallet address? I have a few coins on an Exchange and would rather have them in my personal wallet but not sure if it would support them. Can anyone shine some light on this for me?
Which token/coin you want to send to eth wallet?

There is help tab in MEW and you can find all answers there:
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/faq/sending-bitcoin-btc-ltc-xmr-to-myetherwallet.html
You will see this line:
We support ETH, ETC, Testnet ETH, and any Ethereum Standard Tokens - aka "ERC-20" Tokens.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:57:13 PM

If you have eth erc20 wallet, you can save all altcoin using eth platform. But not all altcoin use eth platform.
So what altcoin do you have?
What altcoin do you want to keep in eth wallet?

I see you are investing in enjincoin, is it true?
CryptoGhoul (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:44:15 PM

Yeah I am investing in Enjin I know I can store it in the MyEthwrWallet. I want to know if I could store QTUM and OMG which I bought off an exchange.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:55:22 PM

You can store up all erc20 or etherium based tokens.  You can read up actually on their Help link which is on here https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/ this would add up your knowledge on the wallet.
Rrita

Activity: 670
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:18:35 PM

You can only store your ETH based(ERC20) coin in your ETH wallet. dont send any other coin to you myetherwallet. if you send you will lost all of your coin.Read previous comments you can understand what you need to do at this moment.
Rupok

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:45:00 PM

You can store only Ethereum based (ERC-20) coins in your MyEtherWallet. Don't try to keep any other coins in your wallet. So be careful.
MyEtherWallet is the most popular wallet right now. There are a lot of coins wich support MyEtherWallet.

orbitlense

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:55:29 PM

Thanks to all for the tips. I also was looking for this info
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:29:13 AM

As far as I know there isn't really a limit to bow much one can put on myetherwallet. The only limitation is that tokens to be stored in myetherwallet must all be erc20 compliant tokens. If the coins you have on exchanges are not erc20 complaint coins, then you just have to download their respective wallets one by one in order to store them outside exchange.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:10:50 PM

You can store only Ethereum based (ERC-20) coins in your MyEtherWallet. Don't try to keep any other coins in your wallet. So be careful.
MyEtherWallet is the most popular wallet right now. There are a lot of coins wich support MyEtherWallet.

Yes, Rupok absolutely right said. In MyEtherWallet you can store Ethereum based and ERC-20 based Token. And MEW is the best for storing Altcoin. And this is the most secure wallet.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:11:51 PM

Yeah I am investing in Enjin I know I can store it in the MyEthwrWallet. I want to know if I could store QTUM and OMG which I bought off an exchange.
QTUM is a coin so you can't store it in MEW, just use their own wallet, see here. On the other hand, OMG is an ERC-20 token supported in MEW, afaik it is listed as a default token there. @boranes shared a helpful link, you could check that though it is not up to date.
dadandandadan

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:10:36 PM

I think there is no limitations on what coin/ tokens you store, because etherwallet always updating thier system and adding more new coins, and also if there is limitation MyEtherwallet will inform you.

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:47:28 PM

I think there is no limitations on what coin/ tokens you store, because etherwallet always updating thier system and adding more new coins, and also if there is limitation MyEtherwallet will inform you.
There is no limit on storing coins in myetherwallet but as mentioned by others on the earlier posts in this thread, one can only store erc20 tokens on MEW. One cannot store non-erc20 tokens. Even if they are constantly adding coins in their system, as far as I know the ones they add are all erc20 compliant tokens making the mentioned type of tokens the limit one can store on MEW.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: