Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with L3+  (Read 988 times)
hownowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 08:24:09 AM

Hi, a few questions I haven't been able to find any answers to on the net, hoping someone in here can help.

1. I have a couple L3+ machines, both machines chip temps are between high 40's to 61, is this too high? How long would they be expected to last before they start breaking down?

2. Is it possible to mine at more than one pool per machine, how do? As it appears that I can only specify multiple pools as fail safes in case the primary pool goes down.

3. What coin am I mining if I mine at the Nicehash pool stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333 with BTC payment address in worker field. While mining at Nicehash pool, the L3+ has shown that I've found a total of 3 blocks, would those have been litecoin blocks, or some random altcoin block. As Nicehash seems to rent out the hashing power I provide, not sure if that is what I am actually doing while mining at the stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333 address.

Thanks for the help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:23:37 PM

Hi, a few questions I haven't been able to find any answers to on the net, hoping someone in here can help.

1. I have a couple L3+ machines, both machines chip temps are between high 40's to 61, is this too high? How long would they be expected to last before they start breaking down?

2. Is it possible to mine at more than one pool per machine, how do? As it appears that I can only specify multiple pools as fail safes in case the primary pool goes down.

3. What coin am I mining if I mine at the Nicehash pool stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333 with BTC payment address in worker field. While mining at Nicehash pool, the L3+ has shown that I've found a total of 3 blocks, would those have been litecoin blocks, or some random altcoin block. As Nicehash seems to rent out the hashing power I provide, not sure if that is what I am actually doing while mining at the stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333 address.

Thanks for the help.

1. Until and unless your miner hits more than 70C, your miners are completely safe running under this temperature for 24*7 operation.

2. I don't think so you can point your miner to multiple pools at a time.

3. When your miner is pointed to Nicehash, it automatically detects which Scrypt coin is profitable to mine at that time and it mines it, which in turn gets converted to BTC and transferred to you. That "Profitable coin" changes from time to time.
hownowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:52:43 AM

Thanks for the help.

1. Until and unless your miner hits more than 70C, your miners are completely safe running under this temperature for 24*7 operation.

2. I don't think so you can point your miner to multiple pools at a time.

3. When your miner is pointed to Nicehash, it automatically detects which Scrypt coin is profitable to mine at that time and it mines it, which in turn gets converted to BTC and transferred to you. That "Profitable coin" changes from time to time.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the help!
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:02:24 PM

My miners are running constantly at more than 70c, for months, and all is peachy.

_
Sjeikz

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:05:35 PM

Between 50 and 70 is good imo
Wolf_Tech

Activity: 65
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:35:37 PM

My 2 Antminer L3+'s run about 40c on the PCB and about 50 to 60 on the Chips. Also nice quiet around 40 decibels. I switched out the default fans for 2 Noctra Industrail PPC 3000 rpms. I cut the cord for the PWM and made then run full speed all the time with a push pull method. I also fixed some airflow issues inside the miners after 30 days. I pulled the boards out and noticed a black rubber on one of the sides causing airflow blockage. I removed it and airflow around that back board increased and temps went down.

I also noticed sometimes the miners will reboot couple times a day. I found out why. Most antminers in the bitcoin line like the s5 and s9 have the queue set to 8192 or 9999. I found that the firmware in the Antminer L3+ runs the queue at 1 and if you mining with 288 chips this is too low. The only fix is to log into the miner using winscp and goto \etc\init.d and find the cgminer.sh inside that removed the -T and --syslog and replace it with --queue 9999. Save it and then apply your pools again. The problem is if you shut down and turn back on it resets it back to queue 1. Bitmain really needs to fix this in a firmware update.

After I made those changes though it runs very stable above 500 mh's on many pools.
belaweb2

Activity: 490
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 05:15:16 PM

Hash2Coins and Zpool are really good too.

If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
Benshelz

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:39:49 AM

My 2 Antminer L3+'s run about 40c on the PCB and about 50 to 60 on the Chips. Also nice quiet around 40 decibels. I switched out the default fans for 2 Noctra Industrail PPC 3000 rpms. I cut the cord for the PWM and made then run full speed all the time with a push pull method. I also fixed some airflow issues inside the miners after 30 days. I pulled the boards out and noticed a black rubber on one of the sides causing airflow blockage. I removed it and airflow around that back board increased and temps went down.

I also noticed sometimes the miners will reboot couple times a day. I found out why. Most antminers in the bitcoin line like the s5 and s9 have the queue set to 8192 or 9999. I found that the firmware in the Antminer L3+ runs the queue at 1 and if you mining with 288 chips this is too low. The only fix is to log into the miner using winscp and goto \etc\init.d and find the cgminer.sh inside that removed the -T and --syslog and replace it with --queue 9999. Save it and then apply your pools again. The problem is if you shut down and turn back on it resets it back to queue 1. Bitmain really needs to fix this in a firmware update.

After I made those changes though it runs very stable above 500 mh's on many pools.

Wolf, interested in learning more about the fan, I live in a high temp environment, have 4 L3+ and 4 D3 coming.

Is this a modification I could do in temps of 35c? of the new fans dont flow enough for theat.

Look forward to learning more, thanks for your info
FashionKing

Merit: 10

CyberMiles

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:04:44 PM

What pool do you recommend?

molitar

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:06:35 PM

I have 5 miners on Litecoinpool and no fees.  I have made 1.337 in past 24 hours.
FashionKing

CyberMiles

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:34:36 PM

I have 5 miners on Litecoinpool and no fees.  I have made 1.337 in past 24 hours.

I use antpool and i make about 0.45 / day with 2 L3+ miners so i wouldnt say you did so good

y2k-2016

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:29:59 AM

That is a very interesting subject ppl. Using cryptocompare etc. don't supply with candid information comparing all the basic SCRYPT pools. PPl let's find out, let's share with others who's using which pool and how well, or at least direct us towards the right topic or thread if this survey already was made? What is the best pool for mining lightcoin? Antpool, litecoinpool, hashpro, givemecoin etc.
FashionKing

CyberMiles

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:13:12 PM

That is a very interesting subject ppl. Using cryptocompare etc. don't supply with candid information comparing all the basic SCRYPT pools. PPl let's find out, let's share with others who's using which pool and how well, or at least direct us towards the right topic or thread if this survey already was made? What is the best pool for mining lightcoin? Antpool, litecoinpool, hashpro, givemecoin etc.

I said about my experience with antpool? Any other interesting pool?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: