Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:03:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITCOINEREUM - NO ICO - NO PRE-MINE - LAUNCHED IN 2017  (Read 9064 times)
yabbadabba

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:03:34 AM

Error: exceeds block gas limit
at web3.js:3143:20
at web3.js:6347:15
at web3.js:5081:36
at startMining (<anonymous>:3:5)
at <anonymous>:1:1

I still get this error even though I put gas limit on 100000, even tried it with 500k. What am I doing wrong?
try 2 gwei, send 0 eth
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arlo02

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:48:22 AM

If there is a fee if i want to mine?
AshleyAshes
Copper Member

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:52:59 AM

How many tokens will be sold during the ICO?
m4tsby

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 02:08:56 AM

What does this mean? I am using Meta and tried to import my exported key but the path returns "Error: no key for given address or file"

"Make sure your wallet file is on the Ethereum keystore folder"
StoicD

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:17:36 AM

OP

Step 1-4 for Geth is OK.  I am on step 5 and I get this error in the console.

https://i.imgur.com/NA6V4z0.png

undefined
> var contract = web3.eth.contract(abi).at("0x03df4c372a29376d2c8df33a1b5f001cd8d68b0e");
undefined
> var getData = contract.Mine.getData();
undefined

Please advise.
Bulista

Activity: 169
Merit: 23

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:51:11 AM

OP

Step 1-4 for Geth is OK.  I am on step 5 and I get this error in the console.

undefined
> var contract = web3.eth.contract(abi).at("0x03df4c372a29376d2c8df33a1b5f001cd8d68b0e");
undefined
undefined

Please advise.

They says in the website:

"6- Once your wallet is unlocked, paste the following lines in the console (seeing undefined after you do this is normal): "

So just move along to point 7...
StoicD

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:42:04 AM

OP

Step 1-4 for Geth is OK.  I am on step 5 and I get this error in the console.

undefined
undefined
undefined

Please advise.

They says in the website:

"6- Once your wallet is unlocked, paste the following lines in the console (seeing undefined after you do this is normal): "

So just move along to point 7...

Really?  You sure undefined is normal?

OK because I did the last step to paste the script and it also gave me undefined...in any case, I dont think the script is working. And I did everything OP said to do. What does it look like when it runs?

see this image

https://i.imgur.com/Ym20gEp.png
vobid

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:47:22 AM

OK because I did the last step to paste the script and it also gave me undefined...in any case, I dont think the script is working. And I did everything OP said to do. What does it look like when it runs?

see this image

Undefined is normal. I have had the same message. After then entering startMining(10) it started sending transactions.
StoicD

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:54:42 AM

see this image

Undefined is normal. I have had the same message. After then entering startMining(10) it started sending transactions.

OH you mean you have to enter the "10"  in startMining(10) ??

The directions did not say that... sorry im a big newb at this.  Is there anything else I need to input between brackets other than the startMining(10)
Bulista

Activity: 169
Merit: 23

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

see this image

OH you mean you have to enter the "10"  in startMining(10) ??

The directions did not say that... sorry im a big newb at this.  Is there anything else I need to input between brackets other than the startMining(10)

It says in the instructions:

https://imgur.com/a/baDlW

That should be it, it should start mining automatically after that
clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:07:46 PM

How many tokens will be sold during the ICO?

There was no ICO held for this token it's public mining project you should read the OP all instructions written there. Link is given below how to own this token with mining process.

http://bitcoinereum.com/#mine-btcm
StoicD

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:50:39 PM

> startMining(10)
    at startMining (<anonymous>:3:1)

OK guys I finally got the function to run...however I got the above error.  Another poster had commented that he got the same error and someone suggested that he try 2 gwei and send 0 eth.

Well i set it to 2 gwei, but where or how do I set the send 0 eth.  If it is not in the script isnt it already sending 0 eth?

StoicD

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:17:55 PM

I ran

eth.getBlock("latest")

and it returned gaslimit: 5000

I think that is the problem with the gaslimit exceeds error...

Can someone tell me how to change the genesis json to a higher gaslimit

Picture here https://i.imgur.com/GIjouoW.png
LukkasG

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:34:58 PM

Very interesting idea, minimum qualification of gas that you put Huh
so I managed to mine with 100000 ..
btcmtoken (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:29:44 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 06:52:48 PM by btcmtoken

> startMining(10)

OK guys I finally got the function to run...however I got the above error.  Another poster had commented that he got the same error and someone suggested that he try 2 gwei and send 0 eth.

Well i set it to 2 gwei, but where or how do I set the send 0 eth.  If it is not in the script isnt it already sending 0 eth?

This can be because you are not synced with the network as the gas limit of the old blocks was lower than the current ones.

Suggest you to sync up with the network, to sync you just need to leave geth running (you may need up to 30 GB free space in your PC, normally in 1 night it should get synced).

To check if you are synced with the network you can run the command eth.blockNumber (run it on the geth attach windows), the result should be the current ETH block (you can check the latest block number here: https://etherscan.io/)

If the problem continues after this let us know
StoicD

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:29:30 PM

> startMining(10)

OK guys I finally got the function to run...however I got the above error.  Another poster had commented that he got the same error and someone suggested that he try 2 gwei and send 0 eth.

Well i set it to 2 gwei, but where or how do I set the send 0 eth.  If it is not in the script isnt it already sending 0 eth?

This can be because you are not synced with the network as the gas limit of the old blocks was lower than the current ones.

Suggest you to sync up with the network, to sync you just need to leave geth running (you may need up to 30 GB free space in your PC, normally in 1 night it should get synced).

To check if you are synced with the network you can run the command eth.blockNumber (run it on the geth attach windows), the result should the current ETH block (you can check the latest block number here: https://etherscan.io/

If the problem continues after this let us know

OOOHHHH

No wonder.  OK.  I mean that's a pretty critical part of the instructions Huh.  If news like me dont know what geth is we def dont know that we need to sync.  I guess this will take longer to figure out then I thought.  Thanks for the reply OP.
xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:29:41 PM

Im feeling like this is a dumb method of 'mining' only 50 coins every 5 minutes.. it should be rewarded divided into how many people in those 5 minutes paid gas to mine the coins. This is more like a mining lottery. Doesnt matter what gas you use, ive tried it all. At this rate I've wasted a few dollars just to get 1 single BTCM coin. I cant auto-mine with geth as I use MetaMask and there is no keystore file you can export only private key.  I was hoping this would be something worth while but trying to win a lotto every 5 minutes burning gas doesnt seem worth it. If the mining rewards were split into even for the number of people for the 5 minutes it would make a lot more sense.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
btcmtoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 06:51:29 PM

Im feeling like this is a dumb method of 'mining' only 50 coins every 5 minutes.. it should be rewarded divided into how many people in those 5 minutes paid gas to mine the coins. This is more like a mining lottery. Doesnt matter what gas you use, ive tried it all. At this rate I've wasted a few dollars just to get 1 single BTCM coin. I cant auto-mine with geth as I use MetaMask and there is no keystore file you can export only private key.  I was hoping this would be something worth while but trying to win a lotto every 5 minutes burning gas doesnt seem worth it. If the mining rewards were split into even for the number of people for the 5 minutes it would make a lot more sense.

Well first it's not every every 5 minutes, it's every 10 minutes (like bitcoin in normal conditions).

Second, you don't need to use your MetaMask account, you can create a new account on geth and then transfer your mined coins to your MetaMask or other address.

Third, the gas fees are important because it gives a non-constant cost to the transactions.

You can take more risk by sending a low fee but if you succeed you get them cheap, but you can also send a higher fee and you get them faster with less risk.

xpzycox

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

🎖️ DeepOnion 🎖️

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:09:45 PM

so i just watched token transfers, waited til 9 mins and then sent a transfer and got a token.  set a timer every 10 minutes and you win.. I was litterally the first to get the token of the current round

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    OWN YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Own ONION  (✔Exchanges  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
btcmtoken (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:16:03 PM

so i just watched token transfers, waited til 9 mins and then sent a transfer and got a token.  set a timer every 10 minutes and you win.. I was litterally the first to get the token of the current round

Yes you can do that
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: