Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTG] my Bitcoin Gold speculation  (Read 2107 times)
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 05:33:58 AM

I believe in bitcoingold will increase more in the future. I hope the price of bitcoin gold will increase like 1000 dollars each so we can make more profit. Bitcoincash the price is thousand dollars price and I think that happen also in bitcoingold.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jonemil24

Activity: 448
Merit: 59

imagine me

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 06:08:33 AM

by now you have probably heard about the new controversial fork of bitcoin called Bitcoin Gold or Bitcoin GPU.

i have speculated about this coin's price a couple of times in different places, i thought to make a new topic and share my thoughts here.
this is mostly a long term speculation.

coins that are mineable usually become the favorite of the community pretty fast. when mining them becomes profitable, they become even bigger favorites, and when they get pumped people can't shut up about them!

i believe one of the main reasons for popularity of ETH was mining of it. there is a huge community of miners with a lot of money invested in mining rigs (GPUs) who have been supporting and advertising ETH so far.
with the hard fork (first step on October 16 reduction of block rewards from 5 to 3), this is going to stop.

all this hashrate needs to go somewhere. where else better than something with bitcoin name in it.

with that said my speculation is that if miners really migrate to BTG chain and start mining it, advertising, hyping and pumping it, this coin can gain some fast popularity out of nowhere and even replace ETH in the bags of investors. essentially gaining the same price even!

there are two big issues though. and that is the premined coins that goes to the developer. but by comparison ETH also had the same kind of premine (even bigger).
the other is the airdrop. BTG is practically giving away 16,617,000+ coins although this will create a short term dump and as i said i am aiming more for the long term speculation

so where do you see BTG price in long term?
can it reach $300-$500 in a couple of months after release?

After the chinese dump BCH, BTG will be next on their list.

Normally, if given a choice to do something and nothing, I choose to do nothing.
But I will do something if it helps someone else to do nothing.
I'd work all night if it meant nothing got done.
- Roy Swanson
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:10:00 AM

I think mining BTG is not profitable now. BTG should be more than 300 USD to be profitable if you only have one graphic card. The price could be more than 500 USD i think.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

I believe in bitcoingold will increase more in the future. I hope the price of bitcoin gold will increase like 1000 dollars each so we can make more profit. Bitcoincash the price is thousand dollars price and I think that happen also in bitcoingold.

why?

so far it's looked like nothing but an insult to cryptoland.

the scope might be there for a properly developed and launched gpu focused fork. this one ain't it.

premines and secret fee channelling are not going to endear it to most people.
BitcoinHodler (OP)

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 12:13:09 PM

why?

so far it's looked like nothing but an insult to cryptoland.

the scope might be there for a properly developed and launched gpu focused fork. this one ain't it.

premines and secret fee channelling are not going to endear it to most people.

true but none of it has ever stopped a coin from getting pumped. if it did, ethereum would have been worth $1 because of all the premine coins, bugs and million dollar hacks that keep happening to it.

so far there has been some more funny bugs with the mining in the early day for the first blocks that were mine but they were fixed.

checking out the pools it seems like hashrate has stayed up and went up a little but i can't say for sure. i am waiting for bitinfocharts.com to start their bitcoin gold page and give a proper chart so i can see what is happening. i couldn't find any other source either.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
diezorocket

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:57:43 PM

see bitcoin gold has a chance to maybe overtake bitcoin cash in near future
and get that number two spot, I don't think anyone can steal Bitcoin's the original
thunder but number two might be plausible
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: