Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-10] Diploma and grading in the blockchain system - the future of univer  (Read 4402 times)
DowBit (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 01:06:33 PM

Diploma and grading in the blockchain system - the future of universities?

Melbourne University announced that it plans to pilot a digital certification and verification programme based on blockchain technology. This would allow for the safe and long-term verification of student qualifications.

The University of Melbourne is working on a data storage program that would allow recipients to store and allow third parties to view grades and diplomas. Learning Machine stands behind the release of a system using an open source code - Blockcerts, created by MIT Media Lab in 2016.

https://dowbit.com/diploma-and-grading-in-the-blockchain-system-the-future-of-universities/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:17:44 PM

That s an original step for the blockchain technology. This announcement from MIT will just give more credibility to the Btc sector, and at the same time recruit more specialized individuals, that will upgrade the development of Btc community. This pilot program will allow students to become independent about there on data. More academic revolution as this should come.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:52:13 PM

I think this is a great use of the blockchain. I've discussed this before with a few people and believe a lot of different entities will be able to embrace the blockchain into their operations. I believe the medical field would really benefit from the blockchain and using it to store certain information on the blockchain.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:05:03 AM

Another Step for the Blockchain Industry. This is just the start, With this kind of steps of big organizations , I think small organizations will also start to embrace the beauty of blockchain and integrate it to their businesses and different operations. I am looking forward to Government of each country to embrace blockchain and use it for their data storage and data processing operations with this solution less paper and data integrity and security will be offered to masses.
HristianD

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Project Lead at OS.UNIVERSITY

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:45:35 PM

Melbourne University announced that it plans to pilot a digital certification and verification programme based on blockchain technology. This would allow for the safe and long-term verification of student qualifications.

The University of Melbourne is working on a data storage program that would allow recipients to store and allow third parties to view grades and diplomas. Learning Machine stands behind the release of a system using an open source code - Blockcerts, created by MIT Media Lab in 2016.

https://dowbit.com/diploma-and-grading-in-the-blockchain-system-the-future-of-universities/

Hey, thanks for sharing your insights!

My name is Hristian and I am leading the Open Source University ICO at www.os.university.

What University of Melbourne and MIT are building for their students, we are building for the global learners' community.

Check out our project discussion at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2393582.0.

I will be happy to keep in touch.

Best,
Hristian

entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:46:17 AM

This is good for it will shorten the amount of time needed to verify such things. Sometimes there are urgent matters that needs to be taken care of but due to some documents needed that will take some time to obtain/verified, the process takes longer. If verifications are done this way then it would be less hassle to the students and those who people/schools/companies who need the verification.

It would be a big help as well if other documents that needs verification should use blockchain technology as well like marriage certificates, birth certificates and other records. It would surely lessen the amount of time needed and more things can be done.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:36:15 AM

The concept is new to me but really promising, it will be a technology base verification system by using Blockchain so the idea itself corresponds the fastest data gathering that my country badly needed even in schools requirements. This is something that worth giving a try and maybe the perfect way of this kind of sending and receiving grading system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: