Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp Bitcoin Cash release  (Read 333 times)
Cementhead43 (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:00:32 PM

Anybody have any issues with Bitstamp Bitcoin cash ? They seem to be only giving me half the amount of cash than the actual coin I had on the exchange when it forked.
I screenshot my balance when around the time of the fork. Sent it in to bitstamp support 4 days ago and no response.
Cementhead43
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 05:33:53 PM

I was thinking it was just half also, but I wasn't sure what I had at the time of the fork.

Buy & Hold
Cementhead43 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:00:44 PM

I was thinking it was just half also, but I wasn't sure what I had at the time of the fork.
We should ignore these things because bitcoin is growing which is quite great quality from bitcoin since it's past so i would recommend people to invest in bitcoin and ignore the facts which people are mentioning like you so i would like to say that we should go and move on because it will be a great step for us and which is good thing for us.

That made no sense .  Allowing the exchanges to steal from you is not  something To be ignored.
Cementhead43
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:28:18 PM

That made no sense .  Allowing the exchanges to steal from you is not  something To be ignored.
Cementhead43

Any response from support?

Buy & Hold
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:31:29 PM

Allowing the exchanges to steal from you is not  something To be ignored.
Cementhead43

How is that stealing? Exchanges don't actually have to give people any split coins. If you sign up there, you basically agree to their terms, which means that they make the rules, and you just follow. Point is that people desperately waiting for their BCH means that the exchange in question needs to take certain actions in order to do so, and that while they could decide to spend their time on other things. Important to understand is that an exchange first needs to empty its cold wallets before they credit your coins and allow you to withdraw them afterwards -- this is likely the reason for you not having received everything yet.

Any response from support?

It's safe to say that this isn't Bitstamp's main priority, so have patience.
Cementhead43 (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:15:36 PM

OK, bitstamp released bch. I screenshot my btc balance before the fork. Bitstamp gave me only 50% of the amount I should have received. I sent them my screenshot showing what I had. They refuse to acknowledge the fact that they shorted me. But hey that's not stealing? Whatever. Lesson learned. No more bitstamp for this guy.
Cementhead43
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:47:19 PM

How is that stealing? Exchanges don't actually have to give people any split coins. If you sign up there, you basically agree to their terms, which means that they make the rules, and you just follow. Point is that people desperately waiting for their BCH means that the exchange in question needs to take certain actions in order to do so, and that while they could decide to spend their time on other things. Important to understand is that an exchange first needs to empty its cold wallets before they credit your coins and allow you to withdraw them afterwards -- this is likely the reason for you not having received everything yet.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/bitcoin-cash-update/

All customers who had bitcoin balances at the time of the fork now have an equal quantity of BCH safely stored at Bitstamp.

See that? They claim to be crediting users with 100%, yet it appears they are crediting users with 50%. How does that make any sense?

Buy & Hold
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: