Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:08:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie on Etherdelta  (Read 245 times)
DaFingIs (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:28:07 PM

As you can probably tell I'm a newb and recently got introduced to crypto. I've been exploring wallets etc etc and more recently moved onto Etherdelta to trade some lesser known tokens which I have accumulated. I have been able to grasp the site etc after so tinkering and have come to a conclusion that it is extremely slow and wanted to ask if it was just me experiencing this?

When I say slow I mean terribly slow, like it is back to the early 2000's when DSL fir was introduced. It is often resulting in transactions failing but still taking gas from my wallet.

Just thought I'd post and see if anybody else had experienced this?

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Opnsrc

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 03:49:33 PM

Yes it it really slow... actually it all depends from ethereum network. Yes now it have problems with scalability.
Anyway now better to use some centralized exchanges. Need time for decentralized exchanges work properly.
pralala22

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

As you can probably tell I'm a newb and recently got introduced to crypto. I've been exploring wallets etc etc and more recently moved onto Etherdelta to trade some lesser known tokens which I have accumulated. I have been able to grasp the site etc after so tinkering and have come to a conclusion that it is extremely slow and wanted to ask if it was just me experiencing this?

When I say slow I mean terribly slow, like it is back to the early 2000's when DSL fir was introduced. It is often resulting in transactions failing but still taking gas from my wallet.

I'm new to etherdelta too and i agree that is very slow , i used bittrex , poloniex but the thing is that for the moment this is the only chance if you want to trade those tokens until they hit the big exchanges.
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:37:40 PM

Yes, it's extremely allow for me - I've noticed it won't even load when I try to use the Edge browser. I have to use Chrome or Firefox.

That seems to help the situation slightly. Still, I find myself just holding onto those tokens hoping they get listed elsewhere. I've heard too many nightmares stories.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
DaFingIs (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 04:45:53 PM

Yeah I've used Bittrex and Poloniex which, as mentioned, are a hell of a lot faster.

I just really have my doubts about many of these new alt coin token things actually sticking around.

As with many of you I guess that all the projects will be dropped once the devs make a certain amount of money each.

I hear what you mean about keeping them, but chance are many will be worthless within a month I reckon. I've been keeping half and selling half. I mean, theyre free so if I lose out on half of what I could of made I dont mind as I never had it in the first place and I dont know about them being listen on Bittrex etc, ever.

GPLAY - 1# DECENTRALIZED P2P DIGITAL GAMING MARKETPLACE (https://gplaymarket.com)
PANK21

Activity: 342
Merit: 108

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:33:50 PM

Yes , im also experiencing slow transactions . I often used etherdelta as my exchanging site and the most token and coins that i accumulated is supported by etherdelta so i have no choice but to use etherdelta as well. Well I think it is slow because it depends in the buyers of the coin and also on the gas you have set.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 11:06:55 PM

I found it slow, but also I think it suffers from being small - there aren't many transactions taking place so you can wait a while for your trade to be taken up.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:49:57 PM

It really is slow but a good PC with a good internet will do the trick most of the times for smooth transactions on etherdelta I have experienced a similar problem before when I was still using a middle specs PC with a decent internet connection but now that I have a PC with good specs and faster internet transactions most of the time is smooth although sometimes those problems is still encountered.
ingiltere
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1485

Rollbit.com Crypto Futures

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:27:20 PM

You need to set your gas price (gwei) higher, otherwise your transactions will fail and your ETH is gone.
Etherdelta is slow these days but after 17 October update on Ethereum network it'll be faster. It just needs time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
vlast01

Activity: 364
Merit: 105

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:28:48 AM

Making a transaction in etherdelta is so slow it's natural I think, because I do suffer this to, but I encountered different cases because nowadays there are lots of fishing site so be careful on making any transaction.

●●●●●●●●[DHOLPINS Finance - TRUSTED . PLATFORM - DHOLPHINS Finance]●●●●●●●●
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Useful Links ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Website◂ | ▸About Us◂ | ▸LitePaper◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ |
paragon07

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:33:04 AM

how to transfer a coin through etherdelta?
i need a balance before i transfer my coins? someone helps me, how is the proper procedure. thank you
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: