Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 05:14:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple coins  (Read 212 times)
LEEVAZ166! (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:02:53 PM

I have an old ripple account on a broken laptop. I have the address and password or key written to the wallet as well. How do I retrieve my coins?
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:17:03 PM

I'm not very familiar with Ripple, but if it's like other Cryptos, just having your address and password may not be enough.  You need the private key to restore the wallet.  Can you take the hard drive out of the laptop, hook it up as a USB (need to buy a cable to do this), and try to recover your wallet files?  Sometimes if it's just a board failure or operating system failure, you can still get the data off your hard drive.  If you can get the wallet file, you can probably recover your funds with just your password.
LEEVAZ166! (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:26:38 PM

I Havethe key. So how would I restore the coins? Would I need to set up a new wallet? I am so confused by all this. Do I need the original wallet in order to access my ripple coins?
Haunebu

Activity: 3122
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:29:37 PM

I think you need the original wallet to access your coins if it is a wallet stored on your pc. Can you access the hard drive where your wallet is stored? If you can access it, then I think you can retrieve the coins since you have a private key.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 06:38:35 PM

I Havethe key. So how would I restore the coins? Would I need to set up a new wallet? I am so confused by all this. Do I need the original wallet in order to access my ripple coins?

Try this.  First link is instructions on how to restore a lost wallet if you have an existing secret key.  Yes, it does look like you will need to install a new wallet on a working computer, then use a restore wallet feature to sync your coins to this wallet.  Also, because Ripple is highly centralized, it looks like Ripple allows you to recover your secret key by providing your info ... Second link.

A couple of links I found.

http://www.btcpedia.com/create-new-ripple-wallet-with-secret-key/

https://id.ripple.com/auth/migrate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: