Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:33:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain driver installation fail & error 31  (Read 1157 times)
Lumining (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 07:08:27 PM

I uninstalled the drivers of my 6 GPUs with DDU and now I have 6 Microsoft Basic Display Adapters in device manager and all of them show error 31:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
The driver trying to start is not the same as the driver for the POSTed display adapter.

What should I do now? Note: All my cards are Bios modded.

I tried to install the blockchain drivers but amd installer doesn't detect any hardware and when installing the latest AMD driver for RX480, the installation stops in the middle of the process.
Since the last restart, device manager only recognizes 5 Microsoft Basic Display Adapters. I switched the Pcie cables and detected that the problem is with the GPU, it regognized 6 cards some hours ago and since my try to install drivers, only 5 devices are left.
Can someone help me to fix my problem please?

Rig Setup:

Hardware:
2 XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
4 Powercolor RX480 Red Devil 8GB
AsRock H81 BTC Pro Gen1
CPU G3460
120GB SSD Sandisk
8GB DDR3

Software:

Bios settings for PCIE2 Link Speed is GEN 1.
Running Windows 10 x64

Settings I've done:
Increase virtual memory (Min 1879 Max 16000)
Power plan --> High performance
Windows 10 registry tweaks for mining
Disabled windows update

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:45:53 AM

revert gpus to original bios
ddu from safe mode
try installing again
it should work then
there is problem when you install new drivers with modded bios gpus
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:39:45 PM

revert gpus to original bios
ddu from safe mode
try installing again
it should work then
there is problem when you install new drivers with modded bios gpus

Okay thanks!
What drivers should I use to flash the original bios on the cards? Does this matter?
When I have the original BIOS installed, should I install the Blockchain drivers first and only after this BIOS MOD the cards again?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:16:26 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 02:27:36 PM by Vann

There is no need to revert the cards to the original Bios when installing new drivers. Sounds like a card is causing the driver installation to hang. Remove all the cards from the PCI-E slots and leave a single card connected to the x16 PCI-E slot. Remove the drivers in safe mode using DDU and run the blockchain driver installer with just the single card in the x16 slot connected.

Once the driver installation completes, shutdown and connect two more cards to the motherboard. Start the computer and wait until Windows detects the cards and installs the drivers automatically. It may take a while for the cards to show up in Device Manager. Wait and confirm in the Windows Task Manger there is no running instance of the Driver Installation Module running. Once the Driver Installation Module is no longer showing in Task Manager, shutdown and repeat the process connecting two cards at a time until all the cards are shown in Device Manager.

You will then need to use the pixel patcher to bypass the driver signature check with a modded Bios to remove the Code 43 error in Device Manager before the cards will work. Just run the patcher, reboot and verify all the cards are shown in Device Manager with no errors.

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
panamaatx

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:25:25 PM

Have similar issue.  I have followed all the steps to get the modded bios to work.  However, if the system crashes I end up getting an error 43.
When I reboot I get error 43.  If I uninstall/reinstall via device manager the Error 43 remains. 
Sometimes when it does show up correctly I end up with a thread stuck error.

I can't just apply the ati pixel patcher to fix the issue.  
If I reapply the original BIOS, I can get things working again.
Not sure how to fix this issue.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mike
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:06:41 PM

So currently I have 5 GPU's up and running with the modded Bios and with the mining drivers, but they only run at 22Mh/s each and the sixth GPU is still not working. When I plug the sixth GPU in the mobo alone, it only shows Intel HD Graphics, I think the GPU isn't recognized anymore, is that possible?

panamaatx

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:46:58 PM

So currently I have 5 GPU's up and running with the modded Bios and with the mining drivers, but they only run at 22Mh/s each and the sixth GPU is still not working. When I plug the sixth GPU in the mobo alone, it only shows Intel HD Graphics, I think the GPU isn't recognized anymore, is that possible?

Blockchain drivers should make a modest improvement to your previous hashrate.  Did your hashrate not change?  As far as 6 GPUs, that depends on a few different factors.  Have you switched your PCI slots to 2.0?   Disable Spread Spectrum.  Enable above 4g Encoding.  Settings vary by MOBO.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 05:13:34 PM

how did you get those modded bios files ?
Did you modded them for yourself ? or downloaded from the internet  ?
Flash back the original bios for all of your cards! make sure its the original ones what comes w your cards! i hope you saved all , bc all of the cards can have a different bios version number !

All your cards  can have different bios version!
Rom files are not interchangeable . You can flash them to another cards , but then your hashrate will drop to lower 20's or under or just going up and down , you might can not get the cards mem push over 2050-2075 stable .
You can brick your cards easy ...

To me sounds like you have a incorrect bios mod ,or flashed a modded bios with different bios version number ,  or you tried different tune software and you messed up your windows registry already ...

- make sure you have the original bios file saved with AtiFlash and the saved file size is 512kb , not 256kb
- restore all tune settings to default , before doing anything
- Mod your own original saved bios file ,if you know how ! and flash to your cards !
- Uninstall all drivers with DDU
- Download and Install AMD Block Chain Driver from official AMD site
- Run AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
- Reboot Your Rig
- Dont overclock , underclock anything , start your mining software, your card should hashing around 26-28MH/s
- If you can not get that hashing speed , then you might flashed the bios with different version number than the original...
- If you can get around that hashing speed , then :
- Download , install MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19
Overclock your mem's / underclock your GPU's , with proper undervolting , and enjoy mining with full speed Wink

If you downloaded the bios from the internet , make sure the original and the modded bios have a same version number !

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:54:29 PM

Flash back the original bios for all of your cards! make sure its the original ones what comes w your cards! i hope you saved all , bc all of the cards can have a different bios version number !
I modded the Bios by myself 6 months ago when I got the cards. I followed teh typical RX480 tutorial, copypaste one string to the other place, that's it, not more.
I still have all the original Bios files for each GPU but they're all 256kb, what now?

panamaatx

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:50:46 PM

Rom files are not interchangeable . You can flash them to another cards , but then your hashrate will drop to lower 20's or under or just going up and down , you might can not get the cards mem push over 2050-2075 stable .

Have any recommended modding guides?  Having trouble finding specific timings and info on RX 460 unlock without flashing a prepared BIOS.
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:20:48 PM

Have any recommended modding guides?  Having trouble finding specific timings and info on RX 460 unlock without flashing a prepared BIOS.
Better try to open a new thread. This one is about blockchain drivers and their combination to modded GPUs. I'm shure you can find the exact 560 bios mod tutorial on google or youtube.

xxcsu

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 05:50:42 PM

I modded the Bios by myself 6 months ago when I got the cards. I followed teh typical RX480 tutorial, copypaste one string to the other place, that's it, not more.
I still have all the original Bios files for each GPU but they're all 256kb, what now?

so non of your cards working now ? you are still not able to using any of your cards for mining ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:29:55 PM

so non of your cards working now ? you are still not able to using any of your cards for mining ?

All cards (6) were working fine on Crimson 16.9.2 with modded bios for 6 months.
With the mining drivers and same modded bios, only 5 cards are running at 22mh/s for ETC on Nanopool, one is not working at all.

xxcsu

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 07:06:29 PM

when you modded your bios , did you changed any another parameter in the bios ? undervolt ? overclock ? or just copied mem straps ?
did you copied 1500 to 1625 and 1750 to 2000 ?
in my experience i had to redo some of my bios mod after started to use the blockchain driver ...

baga105

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:52:25 PM

U can install Blockchain drivers to modded cards, but you have to set them to "stock" settings (Press reset in MSI AB).. After the installation just patch the drivers and restart the computer.. Everything shold be fine. Just do not forget, to put the cards on "Stock" settings in AB.

Ass, Gas or Grass! No one rides for free!
xxcsu

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 08:00:47 PM

U can install Blockchain drivers to modded cards, but you have to set them to "stock" settings (Press reset in MSI AB).. After the installation just patch the drivers and restart the computer.. Everything shold be fine. Just do not forget, to put the cards on "Stock" settings in AB.

If the bios mod including undervolting , overclocking the mem or gpu ,then you can not reset anything with AB !!!
The only way to reset the card setting if the mem/gpu fine tuned in bios , is flash with new modded bios with only mem strap paste/copy ... Then fine tune the card with AB ...

Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:03:36 PM

No I only copied the mem strap from 2000 to 1750 and that's it. (I'm shure I copied the right mem strap, otherwise they would not have worked)
I didn't do any other settings in the gpu bios mod.
Can I make changes in my currently modded bios or do I need to reinstall the original bios and mod that one again?
What other changes did you need to do in the bios for the blockchain drivers?

xxcsu

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 12:26:38 AM

No I only copied the mem strap from 2000 to 1750 and that's it. (I'm shure I copied the right mem strap, otherwise they would not have worked)
I didn't do any other settings in the gpu bios mod.
Can I make changes in my currently modded bios or do I need to reinstall the original bios and mod that one again?
What other changes did you need to do in the bios for the blockchain drivers?

Just mod the original saved bios on your computer and flash it to your cards , you dont need to flash the bios , then save the bios , then mod the bios, then flash the modded bios...

I think for rx 480 cards is not not the best option to copy the mem straps from from 2000 to 1750.
in my experience if you do just the mem  strap cpoy paste kind of " bios mod " you should copy 1500 to 1625 and 1750 to 2000  ,or try first just 1750 to 2000 ... and then follow my guide Smiley

Lumining (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:21:19 PM

Just mod the original saved bios on your computer and flash it to your cards , you dont need to flash the bios , then save the bios , then mod the bios, then flash the modded bios...

I think for rx 480 cards is not not the best option to copy the mem straps from from 2000 to 1750.
in my experience if you do just the mem  strap cpoy paste kind of " bios mod " you should copy 1500 to 1625 and 1750 to 2000  ,or try first just 1750 to 2000 ... and then follow my guide Smiley
Okay many thanks, you're helping me so much!
But my saved original bios is 256kb and not 512kb, is that a problem? You mentioned this in a post above.

xxcsu

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 05:09:31 PM

Okay many thanks, you're helping me so much!
But my saved original bios is 256kb and not 512kb, is that a problem? You mentioned this in a post above.

you should be ok with the 256kb saved bios file size

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: