Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:21:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No BTC plastic Cards support palestine !  (Read 328 times)
evilcode1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 09:21:16 PM

Hello

Guys im from palestine and im working on bitcoin my monthly use is 1500$ btc

im searching for any plastic card support to use and verify in palestine , i try wirex and spectro and alot else , non of them work in palestine for resason i dont know why

for sure im ready to provide documents to verify my info

Any suggest

evilcode1 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:01:17 PM

UP

NO REPLY TILL NOW Cheesy
johnny@WageCan

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:51:25 PM

Hey there,
this is Johnny from WageCan https://wagecan.com

We do ship Bitcoin debit cards to Palestine.
Use my referral code "7NNcu6J6" to get 20% off.

PM me if you encounter any problems during the signup/verification process.

P.S. No worries! You could get your refund before the card is shipped without any question asked.
evilcode1 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:08:36 PM

I got a problem reg in your website , that OTP not recived
evilcode1 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:38:22 PM

You price for the card with shipping is 160$ !!!!

this is huge

any other options guys ?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:24:48 PM

this is huge

any other options guys ?
You will get it for 120$ around when you will use referral code in wagecan.
I am also thinking of ordering one as it is quite hard here to exchange bitcoin for local fiat right now because of government's bullshit decisions and no any other cards work here in my country.

Yes price of wagecan card is quite high but they are taking benefit of being the only one choice for non-eu customers.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 08:04:55 PM

If you are prepared to wait for your card to be loaded forever (ages in fact... days and days and days up to a week of waiting) then WageCan might be a card worth considering. I use the word "might" and not "should" because I had this and recently closed it.

For one, the card is extremely expensive. It has a lifetime of 3 years and you are allowed an annual ATM transaction limit of 25k USD. If you hit this limit after a few months, you can use the card for non-ATM transactions only (store purchases etc).

Then you have the ATM withdrawal fee of $3 (minimum) or 2.5% (whichever of both is higher). Have a look at it here:

https://wagecan.com/Pricing

If, for example, you withdraw $100, then the fee for that is $3 (since 2.5% would be the lower of both). The more you withdraw, the higher the fee. So for OP's suggested monthly use of $1500 you should expect to pay:

1) The acquiring bank's ATM usage fee (the bank that owns the ATM you use in Palestine) and
2) WageCan's bank's fee of 2.5% of $1500 (which equates to $37.50)

Compare this to Wave Crest's once-off fee of $3 regardless of whether you withdraw $100 or their max transaction limit.

All of the above might still be tolerable for those who do not care about fees. What you will definitely find inconvenient is WageCan's arbitrary requests for reverification. This is the reason for my decision to have the card terminated and my account closed. I was fully verified to KYC level 2 for their Golden card which is their highest verification level. Two months later while loading USD $2k worth of coins my card was abruptly downgraded to level 1 (lower level with shitty limits). And they did this 4 days after I loaded... while I was waiting and wondering what was going on with the bitcoins I loaded.

I then asked what was going on and why they downgraded the account, they told me to do the entire thing again. Reverify (which takes ages to complete). To me, it looks like a stall mechanism because the downgrade happened a few days after I loaded the card with bitcoins and while they were still processing it. It seems to be a way for them to further stall or delay the loading process. They had a similar card last year (with a company called Transforex) and they did this same exact thing to me too. Abruptly suspended my fully verified account and asked me to redo the KYC reverification thing. They then rejected the second verification.

So you are fully verified a few months back, then they reject the second verification. Extremely inconsistent.

So in summary: if you decide to use this card, be sure to have a back up card funding source (a second card with enough back up money). You might be shopping or on a long queue to pay for that coffee, then boom you get that email asking you to reverify the account. Just imagine the inconvenience. It can happen anytime without warning.

All in all, I do not recommend the card. I now use Localbitcoins to convert my coins to fiat. It's not inconvenient. I have local sources who deposit money to my bank account within minutes after I open an escrow transaction. True, a card offers a more private transaction and the convenience of loading anytime. But then again, this particular card is not loaded in real time. It takes forever.

Verdict: I do not recommend anyone to use this card. The card works, yes, but the service levels are extremely inconsistent. Level 2 verification is never a final KYC assessment. You can be downgraded anytime arbitrarily and told to redo the entire procedure and submit documents again.

evilcode1 (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 10:55:39 PM

this is huge

any other options guys ?
You will get it for 120$ around when you will use referral code in wagecan.
I am also thinking of ordering one as it is quite hard here to exchange bitcoin for local fiat right now because of government's bullshit decisions and no any other cards work here in my country.

Yes price of wagecan card is quite high but they are taking benefit of being the only one choice for non-eu customers.

ITs depended where are you from ! Palestine ?
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 04:55:32 PM

What you can do right now is order one card from okpay, they deliver mastercard to worldwide. But as they don't accept direct deposit from bitcoin, use some exchanger to fund it with bitcoin. Now load your card with those fund you got from exchange, I think they will allow this deposit as it is not directly related to bitcoin. I haven't tried it yet but if this will work than it will be helpful for everyone.
ultraBTC

Activity: 83
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 10:49:27 AM

What you can do right now is order one card from okpay, they deliver mastercard to worldwide. But as they don't accept direct deposit from bitcoin, use some exchanger to fund it with bitcoin. Now load your card with those fund you got from exchange, I think they will allow this deposit as it is not directly related to bitcoin. I haven't tried it yet but if this will work than it will be helpful for everyone.

The question is would the card work in non-Europen countries for ATM withdrawals (recent Visa & Mastercard withdrawal from non-Europen countries) ?

mk3000

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 06:33:07 PM

If you are prepared to wait for your card to be loaded forever (ages in fact... days and days and days up to a week of waiting) then WageCan might be a card worth considering. I use the word "might" and not "should" because I had this and recently closed it.

For one, the card is extremely expensive. It has a lifetime of 3 years and you are allowed an annual ATM transaction limit of 25k USD. If you hit this limit after a few months, you can use the card for non-ATM transactions only (store purchases etc).

Then you have the ATM withdrawal fee of $3 (minimum) or 2.5% (whichever of both is higher). Have a look at it here:

https://wagecan.com/Pricing

If, for example, you withdraw $100, then the fee for that is $3 (since 2.5% would be the lower of both). The more you withdraw, the higher the fee. So for OP's suggested monthly use of $1500 you should expect to pay:

1) The acquiring bank's ATM usage fee (the bank that owns the ATM you use in Palestine) and
2) WageCan's bank's fee of 2.5% of $1500 (which equates to $37.50)

Compare this to Wave Crest's once-off fee of $3 regardless of whether you withdraw $100 or their max transaction limit.

All of the above might still be tolerable for those who do not care about fees. What you will definitely find inconvenient is WageCan's arbitrary requests for reverification. This is the reason for my decision to have the card terminated and my account closed. I was fully verified to KYC level 2 for their Golden card which is their highest verification level. Two months later while loading USD $2k worth of coins my card was abruptly downgraded to level 1 (lower level with shitty limits). And they did this 4 days after I loaded... while I was waiting and wondering what was going on with the bitcoins I loaded.

I then asked what was going on and why they downgraded the account, they told me to do the entire thing again. Reverify (which takes ages to complete). To me, it looks like a stall mechanism because the downgrade happened a few days after I loaded the card with bitcoins and while they were still processing it. It seems to be a way for them to further stall or delay the loading process. They had a similar card last year (with a company called Transforex) and they did this same exact thing to me too. Abruptly suspended my fully verified account and asked me to redo the KYC reverification thing. They then rejected the second verification.

So you are fully verified a few months back, then they reject the second verification. Extremely inconsistent.

So in summary: if you decide to use this card, be sure to have a back up card funding source (a second card with enough back up money). You might be shopping or on a long queue to pay for that coffee, then boom you get that email asking you to reverify the account. Just imagine the inconvenience. It can happen anytime without warning.

All in all, I do not recommend the card. I now use Localbitcoins to convert my coins to fiat. It's not inconvenient. I have local sources who deposit money to my bank account within minutes after I open an escrow transaction. True, a card offers a more private transaction and the convenience of loading anytime. But then again, this particular card is not loaded in real time. It takes forever.

Verdict: I do not recommend anyone to use this card. The card works, yes, but the service levels are extremely inconsistent. Level 2 verification is never a final KYC assessment. You can be downgraded anytime arbitrarily and told to redo the entire procedure and submit documents again.

I was thinking about ordering their card but thank to your warning I will not. Thank you very much.

Bitrated user: comoto3000.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: