Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Russian Bitcoin Decision is Piling On  (Read 313 times)
nkahoots (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:57:56 PM

Putin's decision to take a hard line against cryptos is highly suspicious given the fact they seemed to be supportive not long ago. I realize cryptos are a problem for developing nations with money leaving their countries, but what's happening can't be stopped. It's like trying to stop the Internet from propagating. The establishment is threatened by cryptos, but a better strategy would be to embrace the tech and find a way to benefit. I suspect next, certain nations will attempt to disable the markets and technology. Let's see. We need more crypto backed credit cards, Western Union, Money Gram, full PayPal integration.
rido

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:31:59 PM

They must be very eager to do the work even if they have to pile up because they have to do their job and must be done until it is ready.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:34:19 PM

Putin's effort to curtail bitcoin use will fail, as usage worldwide grows exponentially. As bitcoin is decentralized, there is no way to keep Russians from buying and using it. Russians can use VPNs to bypass government filters. Bitcoin is censorship-resistant. Eventually, Russia will change its tune about the issue.
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:41:16 PM

I hear Russia will make its own coins and manage it on its own. it's like a joke. but, they can not stop people's trust in Bitcoin.
I think it took several years to destroy the bitcoin value. Grin
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 05:44:53 PM

Apparently Putin jut announced plans to release their own cryptocurrency called CryptoRuble. It'd be interesting to see the functionality and purpose of this coin seeing as it will be mined and controlled by central authorities alone so clearly there'd be no decentralisation so I'm not clear on what the benefit will be.
desmodiAN

Activity: 164
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:30:25 PM

i think some of you got the wrong impression of what putin really suggested.
he is not banning cryptos. he might want regulations "know your customer" style.

"Russian Federation President Vladimir Putin met with some of his country's most influential financial minds about adopting a more open view of cryptocurrencies. Putin doesn't want any "unnecessary barriers" to be placed in the way"

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:16:01 PM

I guess they didn't take to the putincoin Cheesy
They won't be able to destroy bitcoin though, too many crypto geniuses in Russia. Or perhaps there are trying to raise the value of ETH and WAVES.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:37:53 PM

Ya if any country makes a decision to ban or regulate Bitcoin in some way it is only going to end up backfiring. This is the beauty of Bitcoin, it hates authority.

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:46:36 PM

Putin's decision to take a hard line against cryptos is highly suspicious given the fact they seemed to be supportive not long ago. I realize cryptos are a problem for developing nations with money leaving their countries, but what's happening can't be stopped. It's like trying to stop the Internet from propagating. The establishment is threatened by cryptos, but a better strategy would be to embrace the tech and find a way to benefit. I suspect next, certain nations will attempt to disable the markets and technology. Let's see. We need more crypto backed credit cards, Western Union, Money Gram, full PayPal integration.

Nothing suspicious about Putin or Russia for that matter. They are not supported of all cryptocurrency to begin with. I have suspected that they are really against cryptos like bitcoin. And now they have been unmasked already. Specially under Putin, when all movement by the masses are being monitored, including the flow of money. He will not allow his people putting money on crypto that he can't control. Just look at every statement them made. Its contradicting themselves. You can deduced from their statement that they are really anti-crypto and all their statement are just nothing but propaganda.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:10:10 PM

Wonder how safe those Crypto debit card are.. They are kind of  Centralized? We need well decentralized Cryptocurrencies not fanciful products that may end up being banned.

As for Putin recent attacks on Cryptocurrency, those things don't bother me very much. Attacks from government and banks are expected as far as Cryptocurrency is concerned.
zollyharvan

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:19:58 AM

any way Putin to stop the use of bitcoin will fail, as worldwide use grows unexpectedly. Because the bitcoins are decentralized, there is no way to ban Russians from buying and using them. Russia could use VPNs to bypass government filters.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:45:32 AM

lots of contradictory news coming from Russia and being heard from bitcoin-news sites makes me doubt anything that i read about Russia. there is a good chance that it is all a lie, and exaggeration of truths. and we already know that bitcoin-news sites are all crappy click baits that publish anything without checking the facts about it.

if you found anything written in Russian and published by the government, officially, then you can trust it. otherwise it is all a lie and whoever repeats it are trying to spread FUD.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: