Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:08:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC effect on altcoins  (Read 5091 times)
brascopck

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:05:26 AM

I noticed that most times when btc is rallying almost all of the altcoins dip. and when there is a crash in btc all altcoins suffer as well. my interpretation is that for the first alts can't sustain the price against the $ if btc is high. and for the second, everyone is panic selling btc.
what do yo guys think ??

What I see is when the price of bitcoin increase almost all altcoin price dropped but when the bitcoin price going down, all altcoin is going up. So it means almost all altcoins is depend on the price of bitcoin. If you look at Ethereum price, after the bitcoin price reach $4,700, ethereum price dropped to 0.06 per ethereum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:30:11 AM

If the BTC is sure the altcoin will decrease, this will happen very unexpectedly and we will have a lot of choices at the moment, one is selling all to wait for Bitcoin prices to rise, 2 is to keep altcoin and decide do not sell though the price goes down
mast3rm1nd (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:10:03 AM

I think what I mean to say is. when btc is really bullish; almost everyone is trying to get their funds to btc. and if it crashes everyone is trying to get on the dollar. and in both cases alts suffer, only when the market stabilizes where the atls do their own thing...

FANCHAIN  (by SportsCastr) [FORBES]  Backed by Former NBA Commissioner  DAVID STERN
ANN Thread Telegram Twitter Whitepaper
NOW LIVE!
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:10:34 AM

Almost all altcoins depend on Bitconi and this happens a lot in a month. I think the Bitcoin market is very important because only the Bitcoin price increases and all altcoin will drop, and very rarely Bitcoin prices increase and altcoin increase
majeed

Activity: 526
Merit: 253

Damn

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:32:19 AM

I noticed that most times when btc is rallying almost all of the altcoins dip. and when there is a crash in btc all altcoins suffer as well. my interpretation is that for the first alts can't sustain the price against the $ if btc is high. and for the second, everyone is panic selling btc.
what do yo guys think ??
well, when bitcoin drops, the price of altcoin drop and when bitcoin increase, the prices of altcoins also drop. Everytime a huge impact happens to bitcoin, altcoins are affected, too. And therefore, we can say that bitcoin does affect altcoins in many ways. People tend to follow the act of bitcoin so that they will decide which they need to do with their altcoins, to sell or to hold.
ghost14k

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:00:33 AM

Nice observation, altcoins follow Bitcoin trend and whenever btc is bullish altcoins respect. But recently the reverse it's the case, altcoins hardly respect Bitcoin these days and goes bearish on its own. The game is changing and we will see different trend by next year.
RenBct

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:06:54 PM

If BTC rise there's a high chance of alts going low because alt holders will sell it then buy btc, so alt will go down.

thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:38:19 PM

Nice observation, altcoins follow Bitcoin trend and whenever btc is bullish altcoins respect. But recently the reverse it's the case, altcoins hardly respect Bitcoin these days and goes bearish on its own. The game is changing and we will see different trend by next year.
Most of the altcoin do really follows on how bitcoin price changes, everytime bitcoin's price is on dump then so is most of the altcoins but it doesn't always work that way since it depends on what event happened for it to dump that way. And most of the time when bitcoin's price go up but altcoin's price go down since they depends on its USD price.
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

Waiting patiently to see how the hard fork plays out. Alts could get rekt as there all priced in BTC 1x.

Really at this point the safest option in my opinion is to hold some BTC and some strong well established alts to balance your portfolio out and lower risk before things settle and we know the outcome of the fork.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:59:10 PM

what do yo guys think ??
That's right but if an ALT crash would have had another option and would probably go to the FIAT exchange,maintaining $ is not something that is difficult for BTC.Not panic but rather for the already profitable results to sell,just my opinion Wink.

Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:04:01 PM

what do yo guys think ??
Panic selling BTC? Its not happening as of now we do see the price is almost hitting up again on 5k price.It is just really normal to see alts would go red when bitcoin is on rally because for sure those altcoin holders would really sell up their stashes to accumulate bitcoin as much as they can specially on the even of upcoming fork.It is really possible assumptions but not all alts are really affected on this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:32:03 PM

AltCoins fully depend Bitcoin to survive. Actually, without Bitcoin all AltCoins would die on the currently scenario. What inspires confidence to make people invest on Crypto-Currency world is Bitcoin, if this currency fail, investors will have much fear to continue on this speculation market. Panic selling can be intentional or can be a consequence of fear from the investors side.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:20:56 PM

yes of course bitcoin affects altcoin price, if bitcoin is expensive then altcoin price will go down and become cheap, but if bitcoin price drops then altcoin price becomes expensive again, this I have monitored for 2 years, if you can take advantage of this cycle then you will get profit.

Interesting to know that someone is actually taking the benefits of using this cycle of profit loss to gain the extra profits. Because I really thought I was the only one who is applying this strategy. Good one and it's most easiest way to earn profits rather than investing into ICO sales and normal exchanger and stuff like that. Sometimes I have found that prices are even lower than presale because of bitcoin going up which means good opportunity to buy alts that had great ICO launch and release into exchanger afterwards. We can make this as complex as we could and as simple as we can!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:11:35 PM

Altcoins because the price is based on bitcoins. So when bitcoins will increase the price of altcoins. When the bitcoins fall as well as other coins. So that's what you always remember. Because you can use it in the future.
And you always go through it because you can also earn it this way.
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:31:38 AM

what do yo guys think ??

Not really that case now,
people sell altcoin to receive forking.
it is free money.

I would buy back altcoin after forking,
it is super cheap. RICH
Thejesusofcrypto

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Professional Knife catcher

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:39:39 AM

I think you have a really valid view but when everyone is selling it's time to buy.

I have shifted my view pretty drastically over the last few months and get high off of chasing red.

<--- Professional knife catcher
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:43:14 AM

what do yo guys think ??
What you explain usually happen to altcoins in most cases but the reaction yesterday was a different one entirely. What I saw was a situation where bitcoin appreciate instead of altcoin to increase as usual but the rivers was the case, which indicate that anything can happen in the market at any time.

Bitcoin is the basis of the price of altcoins. And the speed of transition of price BTC affects altcoin marketprice. BTc pump instantly saw the market will not react quick but wait until weeks for the price of altcoin corrected.
Bitcoin is only high valuable currency, any other altcoins are not equal to bitcoin. Because bitcoin is high demand in the market. The altcoins are trying to increase the value of currency. The Ethereum is the second highest value currency, it should also raise up continuously. But bitcoin is affecting the Ethereum value. No one reaches the bitcoin, this the best cryptocurrency.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:49:03 AM

what do yo guys think ??

I just observe that altcoins are for speculation purposes and what people really want is bitcoin. They just purchase altcoins so that when its value increase, they would sell it to have more bitcoin. When bitcoin's value rise, people would like to ride the wave so there is a tendency they would sell their altcoins to buy more bitcoin and after having some profit, they would shift again to alts. When bitcoin is going down in value, some people would sell their alts and shift to USD or USDT to buy bitcoin when its cheaper.

lordfantom

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:20:04 AM

Thee effect is very important because everything matters what you do in this life. I think wether its a negative or posetive effect after all there is an outcome
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:39:56 AM

Most of the people here have already seen and witnessd different price changes in the past few years since the bitcoin has started, and it has been common that when the bitcoin's price got changes, soon the alternate coins will follow. I have read and heard before how people tend to take advantage when the bitcoin price rises, its their time to buy alternate coins because they believe it will soon follow, unlike todays changes that it is kinda hard to predict when and what, this and that.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: