Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:28:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC effect on altcoins  (Read 5098 times)
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:55:01 PM

I noticed that most times when btc is rallying almost all of the altcoins dip. and when there is a crash in btc all altcoins suffer as well. my interpretation is that for the first alts can't sustain the price against the $ if btc is high. and for the second, everyone is panic selling btc.
what do yo guys think ??

Other than that, there is not any direct connection, and there are some coins that flow wildly no matter what happens in the markets, others that seems to match the market.  There have been none like BTC, as it has a steady and unchanging long-term increase.

No, bitcoin has a huge impact on the market, so we can easily see it, with the power of bitcoin, whenever it raises its price, the altcoin undergoes a great deal of pressure, and its value reduced severely.
Although bitcoin do not have any direct relation, but still there are some good and bad effect of bicoin on altcoin. In fact people first preyority is to trade bitcoin or simply to hold it, but they are take a view on altcoin and some time even they trade altcoin,  On other side when people have invested money in altcoin and they find out that there are some opportunity to make money from they immediately convert their money in to bitcoin, as bitcoin is the mother of all currencies and people mostly like to trade bitcoin instead of any other altcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:12:27 PM

I noticed that most times when btc is rallying almost all of the altcoins dip. and when there is a crash in btc all altcoins suffer as well. my interpretation is that for the first alts can't sustain the price against the $ if btc is high. and for the second, everyone is panic selling btc.
what do yo guys think ??

Other than that, there is not any direct connection, and there are some coins that flow wildly no matter what happens in the markets, others that seems to match the market.  There have been none like BTC, as it has a steady and unchanging long-term increase.
I must say that all the coins which are present in the world of crypto currency have a very strong effect on one another. There is no way that we can deny this thing that bitcoin is no doubt having a very strong effect on the market of altcoin. Increase in the number of investors which are investing in bitcoin will mean that the number of investors investing in altcoin is getting low.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:35:42 PM

what do yo guys think ??

I must say that all the coins which are present in the world of crypto currency have a very strong effect on one another. There is no way that we can deny this thing that bitcoin is no doubt having a very strong effect on the market of altcoin. Increase in the number of investors which are investing in bitcoin will mean that the number of investors investing in altcoin is getting low.

What you are saying is true that is because Bitcoin is the main coins whose price is not stoppable and it can go any high. All altcoin price are compared to bitcoin and when they see the price of bitcoin is rising high they just sell the other coins, let it be what ever their projects are but they believe in bitcoin. But if you see the price of other altcoin in dollar then they are not that much affected by it only it is low in bitcoin conversion.
ScaryMe

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:43:58 PM

It is really true that when bitcoin goes higher some alt coin goes downor even dump. But I am hoping it will not happen in some other good alt coin there, because some has a good potential and good future at all.
But when people sees that bitcoin is getting high amount or getting to good peak they transfrr their money into bitcoin so the alt goes down.

nasibakar

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:35:27 AM

what do yo guys think ??

I agree
I would also highlight your words:
btc is rallying almost all of the altcoins dip.

It is now like that condition, BTC is rallying and selling their Altcoin,
I would also predict at some condition people buy altcoins to sell Bitcoin if the Atlcoins is rising

swscowods

Activity: 419

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:59:26 AM

what do yo guys think ??

I agree

I would also predict at some condition people buy altcoins to sell Bitcoin if the Atlcoins is rising

But I would like to inform you rather correct you that this is never ever going to happen. People are not going to buy altcoins by selling bitcoin or for selling bitcoin. Bitcoin is the oldest currency and the biggest crypto market is held by bitcoin. No one is going to give up on the world most expensive and profitable currency just because of little rise shown by altcoins in prices. Altcoins are indeed totally dependent on bitcoin for their prices.
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 01:22:11 PM

what do yo guys think ??
It's became a regular thing when the bitcoin increases it's value in market and it will definitely affect the other altcoins. That's because of the importance or priority given by traders and users of bitcoin.
At the time of minor fluctuation in btc value then the investors may contribute their money in altcoin. However everyone knows the altcoins wont give profits like bitcoin as much faster.
xFGND

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 01:29:48 PM

Well there's two things you need to understand. 1) Consumer behavior 2) What these altcoins are going against.

1) When people say bitcoin rallying 10%+, why would they not sell their altcoins at market price, and try to get in on bitcoin? This exact behavior is why people can enter a pump and dump without them even realizing it.

2) When you see bitcoin increasing in price, it's because its going against the USD. So if bitcoin goes up, that means it gains value faster than the USD. However, when you have ETH/BTC, it's ethereum against bitcoin, not the USD. So if ETH/BTC goes up, that means that ETH gains value faster than bitcoin.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:45:47 AM

what do yo guys think ??

When the bitcoin price is become high and the altcoins become down it is because of the value of bitcoin that would be consider a lot of people using from it.And it will definitely affect the other altcoins.Altcoins are indeed but it's definitely depends on the value of upon the prices from bitcoin.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2884
Merit: 599

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:03:20 AM

Just observed today, bitcoin price is significantly going down, while most of the top altcoins are now going up. Maybe this is the effect that we are talking about it. So we may say that there's some kind of correlation between the two as evident of today's price movement. Although this is due to bitcoin gold fork free coins implementation.

what do yo guys think ??

I agree

The rally has ended a few days ago. That's why altcoin is very much alive now and after a week of bleeding, they are now on the go and green. Maybe want you are saying is true. Traders sold bitcoin and bitcoin gold and going back to altcoin market.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
okissabam

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 01:52:55 AM

Just observed today, bitcoin price is significantly going down, while most of the top altcoins are now going up. Maybe this is the effect that we are talking about it. So we may say that there's some kind of correlation between the two as evident of today's price movement. Although this is due to bitcoin gold fork free coins implementation.

what do yo guys think ??

I agree

The rally has ended a few days ago. That's why altcoin is very much alive now and after a week of bleeding, they are now on the go and green. Maybe want you are saying is true. Traders sold bitcoin and bitcoin gold and going back to altcoin market.

The reason why the altcoin were swimming in red the past few weeks was because bitcoin had increased constantly its price and now that the fork has come, it is time bitcoin had to decrease its price and altcoins will try to recover and increase slowly its price back again.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 02:02:44 AM

btc is related to alt coins its like demand and supply

if the one increases the other decreases i hope you understand.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
shalnark

Activity: 196
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 03:15:48 AM

what do yo guys think ??

When the bitcoin price is become high and the altcoins become down it is because of the value of bitcoin that would be consider a lot of people using from it.And it will definitely affect the other altcoins.Altcoins are indeed but it's definitely depends on the value of upon the prices from bitcoin.
Commonly that is our expectation, but due to continues increasing of bitcoin value in the market, even altcoins were follow with the flow of bitcoin.
Otherwise continues increasing of bitcoin in the market was largely affect the circulation of cash and altcoins market, However that happen was good for all users due to they were earn a lot of income because of good price of crypto currency in the market.
Sohag Barman
Copper Member

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:00:02 PM

Yes, BTC effect on altcoin. Altcoin rate depend on btc up and down in the marketplace.
bs9

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 09:41:33 PM

what do yo guys think ??
Bitcoin must have an important impact on altcoins.when bitcoin pump altcoin dump and bitcoin stand altcoin pump.If bitcoin dump and dump altcoin dup and dump.We were already see when china try to ban ico.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 05:34:32 AM

what do yo guys think ??

Commonly that is our expectation, but due to continues increasing of bitcoin value in the market, even altcoins were follow with the flow of bitcoin.
Otherwise continues increasing of bitcoin in the market was largely affect the circulation of cash and altcoins market, However that happen was good for all users due to they were earn a lot of income because of good price of crypto currency in the market.
There is an psychological effect of bitcoin on all other crypto currencies. I do not think that if the price of bitcoin is decreasing while any other altcoin price can significantly increase. In fact bitcoin is the mother of all crypto currencies, bitcoin is the main currency on which all the people are depending and dealing the other crypto currencies from the platform of bitcoin. Therefore we can say that bitcoin is effecting all crypto currencies. People feel as more confident when the price of bitcoin is trading in a good mood, in such situation people even dare to invest money in other altcoins.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:49:56 AM

bitcoin is the ist crpto currency and the remaining are less in age than bitcoin. bitcoin has his own power and value in the whole world while in altcoin there are number of coins present in which some are very good according to their performance while some are going to dead and few are already dead. bitcoin price has a great affect on altcoin.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:05:12 PM

Bitcoin is one of few base tokens that is used to trade for alt coins.  Therefore, while there is no direct correlation, if the price of Bitcoin goes too much in one way or another, then it can have an effect, who knows what way that is going to go, it depends on the price change and the amount.
JimmieA

Activity: 396

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:32:09 PM

what do yo guys think ??
Maybe, but I think not all are affected. I'm not sure but in my opinion, only altcoins can convert directly through btc to be affected. The other altcoins are only slightly affected. But btc is still the strongest currency in the crypto system, and its impact on the general market is inevitable, just like the dollar in the world's currency.

▄▄█████████▄▄
     ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
   ▄██▀               ▀██▄
  ██▀ ▄▄             ▄▄ ▀██
 ██▀  ▐██████▄ ▄██████▌  ▀██
██▀    ██  ███ ███  ██    ▀██
██      █▄ ▐██ ██▌ ▄█      ██
██▄      ▀ ▐██ ██▌ ▀      ▄██
 ██▄        ██ ██        ▄██
  ██▄        ███        ▄██
   ▀██▄              ▄██▀
     ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██                                         
██████████  ▄▄  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ██▄     
██          ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ████▄   
██          ██  ██        ██     ▄▄██▀  ██   ▄██▀  ██ ▀██▄ 
██          ██  ██        ██  ▄██▀▀     ██▄██▀▀    ██   ▀██▄
██████████  ██  ████████  ██  ████████  █████████  ██     ██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀     ▀▀

Finance

▄█▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
         ▄█████▄   ▀███████████
 █▄    ▄█████████    ██████████
 ███▄▄█████████▀   ▄██████████▌
 ████████████▀   ▄████████████
▐██████████▀   ▄█████████▀ ▀██
▐█████████▄   █████████▀     ▀
████████████▄  ▀█████▀
███████▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█▀

prabakharras

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:41:49 PM

Segwit2X will be an interesting one.
I think we will see a flight of capital moving into BTC like BTCGPU, because people want to gain access to the new chain coin; and alts will rise after the split.
However this is a dangerous split in that confusion arises between BTC and 2X; there might be selective coins that will do well pre-split

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: