Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serious topic: how can we be sure Bitcoin will not be banned by most countries?  (Read 1908 times)
Gaff

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:07:31 PM

We must remember that there is power in the world, which can cancel any laws and generate any decision. As a result, even when bitcoin is banned in a given country, if there is a sufficient number of people who are against this decision they can surely change the situation.
Anyhow, I guess there's no way of banning bitcoin in many other countries because why would they ban such a privilege to have a source of income and offers a lot of information in using money in a better modes of payment and so on. This is somewhat a blessing in disguise to help the society become more develop and it should start from people who are losing hopes and have fears of finding jobs for the future. Normally, when we look for a job, we always need money and spend a lot if there are trainings and it is a must. Even applying in government, you have to spend. So I think they can't do that to bitcoin because it can support our dreams so stop banning bitcoin.
xz

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 12:55:54 PM

I made a comment regarding this question, I will do it again for you. China didn't ban bitcoin, they banned icos and they did that because companies started to seek for investors in that way, and because many of startups are scams, and then they started to talk about legitimate exchangers. Russia will not ban bitcoin, they will do same as China did, they will ban all exchangers that they can't control, but legit exchangers will continue to work.
What ever they do will be a little problem for bitcoin, but that is all a little problem, nothing that bitcoin users can't handle.

Try not to be anxious about the possibility that that different nations will bann the bitcoins they will never bann the bitcoins on the grounds that they know the estimations of bitcoins alternate nations dislike China the legislature of China has no brains yet the administration of different nations are Claver and they will never consider prohibiting Bitcoins.
LUXMICOIN

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 01:00:50 PM

no one can ban bitcoin.The legal status of bitcoin varies substantially from country to country and is still undefined or changing in many of them. Whilst the majority of countries do not make the usage of bitcoin itself illegal, its status as money (or a commodity) varies, with differing regulatory implications. While some countries have explicitly allowed its use and trade, others have banned or restricted it. Likewise, various government agencies, departments, and courts have classified bitcoins differently. While this article provides the legal status of bitcoin, regulations and bans that apply to this cryptocurrency likely extend to similar systems as well.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1568
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 01:36:13 PM

Hi,
First of all, I am a holder, and Bitcoin is for me is an investment, I intend to hold for at least 5 years, so the question asked in the topic title is the last thing in the world I want.
That being said, with China, and now this rumor about Russia, I have to ask this question: how do you deal with the possibility that one day Bitcoin could be illegal in most countries?
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

All opinions are welcome.

Regards.
If you are a holder I think it doesn't matter if governments has to implement a total ban in a specific country. Of course there will always be a possibility because we don't know about the governments plan about digital money and what makes it more interesting is that let us just say that they are going to prohibit the use of Bitcoin in a country where we live but the reality is we can still interact, earn and even use it online and the only problem is local exchange when doing a cashout. If ever time will come that Bitcoin is banned here in my country then that is the time to move to other countries like Japan but as of these days I haven't experience any problems with the system yet in fact Bitcoin community here is stronger than before and is increasing rapidly.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:33:02 PM

It is possible I guess, but still no worries
It is now being banned by many countries and fall quite hard, but at the end of the day it rises again and reaching new all time high

In my country it is now forbidden to use bitcoin as payment, but as long as trading is allowed it is fine by me

Maheshkumar_Hrangkhawl

Activity: 600
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:35:30 PM

There is hardly anything we can do, if Bitcoin gets banned in a certain country. But you can always sell your coins in a country where it is legal and return to your home with the fiat cash from the sales.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:40:37 PM

There is hardly anything we can do, if Bitcoin gets banned in a certain country. But you can always sell your coins in a country where it is legal and return to your home with the fiat cash from the sales.

As you said even if your bitcoin was banned in your country you can convert your invested bitcoins into some currency then you just transfer into your currency but the real problem is the bitcoin price will crash if most countries banned bitcoin because we all knows that bitcoin price is based on the demand of bitcoin if all countries banned it there will be no demand for bitcoin ans your bitcoin will be worthless so we have to sell our bitcoins if countries started to ban it.
mondobitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:31:43 PM

In no way. And we can see the issues that happened to China and Indonesia with Bitcoin.
But i think that is not a big problem, if will happen, as we can get around of this "problem", but certainly it will not be a good thing
Shivan Dragon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:22:23 PM

Bitcoin will not be banned in every country because many people are supporting and investing in bitcoin. It will still be stable in the next five years. Bitcoin will not go down easily.
Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:36:09 PM

It depends on the impact of good or bad Bitcoin on the economic system in each country that has become the economic foundation of each country. If the existence of Bitcoin is considered to disrupt the existing system of economists, I think that is one reason a state forbids the existence of Bitcoin.
lenj

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:36:50 PM

Its impossible to ban the bitcoin in all country. Because there's one country who made thw bitcoin and im sure about that. If no country create the bitcoin then why as of now the bitcoin is alive ? Im sure that the givernment of that country is make a way to sure the bitcoin can't destroy

In the thread he does not mention all country but most country.
I think always any possibility that most people will ban bitcoin depending on how the government think about bitcoin.
Bitcoin is not perfect, positive and negative are staying in bitcoin. If government just see bitcoin from negative side,  most probably they will ban bitcoin.
But in my mind i hope its not happen.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:20:34 PM

It depends on the impact of good or bad Bitcoin on the economic system in each country that has become the economic foundation of each country. If the existence of Bitcoin is considered to disrupt the existing system of economists, I think that is one reason a state forbids the existence of Bitcoin.

Well if you think about it, bitcoin will very well disrupt the existing system especially if it's acceptance grow even more. Though i think governments shouldn't take that as a threat but an opportunity to explore broader options to better their economy

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 06:24:23 PM

Hi,
First of all, I am a holder, and Bitcoin is for me is an investment, I intend to hold for at least 5 years, so the question asked in the topic title is the last thing in the world I want.
That being said, with China, and now this rumor about Russia, I have to ask this question: how do you deal with the possibility that one day Bitcoin could be illegal in most countries?
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.
I myself do not know if this will go smoothly or not, but every thing will always have pros and cons. If you read the news, there is a country called Indonesia. Their central bank mentions the ban of bitcoin as a means of transactions, but they do not prohibit the existence of activities that run there. I do not know what to do in order for a country to trust bitcoin completely.
Gabmot

Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:07:24 PM

That question will never bother me. This is because in my country right now even the top guns are investing. Concerning some of the countries having issues with legalizing btc they will do later whether willingly or unwillingly.
MrBadger

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:36:32 PM

Simple.
You can't.

Unless you represent at least one goverement of a country and you vouch you will NEVER ban it , there is no way to make sure.
Skieleton

Merit: 282

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:56:30 PM

Hi,
Is it a possibility?
It is likely/unlikely?

Regards.

I am not an optimist and i think that sooner or later this will happen and we have to be prepared.
This hit the bitcoin price for sure,but i don`t think that it will damage the blockchain that much.
Bitcoin will continue to exist in the darknet,but the btc price will be way too low.
The good news is that  bitcoin supporters can be found in most of the governments of the western countries,so they might try to stop such mass ban.

I agree Bitcoin either legalize it or it will be considered a threat. The BTC price shows its power. It can be uncomfortable. It is enough to be punished for using BTC. It will be the end ...
Ingramtg
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 07:58:50 PM

well , even if the countries banned bitcoin, but it is a decentralized network ,

so it is impossible do that unless all the Internet paralysis.

illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:50:34 PM

That question will never bother me. This is because in my country right now even the top guns are investing. Concerning some of the countries having issues with legalizing btc they will do later whether willingly or unwillingly.

I think this is the most likely outcome, but I also recognize that people smarter than me disagree. Consider this: most of the central banks and governments may not even feel threatened by Bitcoin right now. Maybe they believe it can be crushed by institutional markets, or maybe they still believe it's a fad that will die out.

But what if the trend continues? What if Bitcoin really is experiencing the S-curve of technology adoption, and it becomes one of the most valuable commodities in the world? If that happens, maybe it could really threaten a government's monetary sovereignty as bitcoiners suggest.

If so, I think we might see a war on Bitcoin like never seen before, as governments begin to mutually agree that they cannot control it by quietly allowing it to exist. Then we might see all-out bans on possession and mining -- meatspace exchanges/services would largely shut down and the economy would largely go underground. You could never kill BTC this way, but I wouldn't underestimate the effect it could have on the market.
masterbt

Activity: 136

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:52:50 PM

Whoever banned it is not a problem. The only problem is the persons holding and transacting, if that stops then there is nothing to be done.

||
My Idea Helped You, GIFT BTC
Valentina Ambassador

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

REPUBLIA PRE-SALE : Aug 23rd

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 08:54:13 PM

In this world you cannot be sure in nothing in this you can be sure for sure!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: