Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:28:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quiet Office Miner  (Read 547 times)
Me2ci (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:45:56 AM

Hi all,

Id like to either build or buy a quiet office miner. I know that it wont be the most powerful thing but id like to try to have my hand at mining some cheap altcoins for fun. I have my own office but would like to keep it quiet so I don't bother my employees and customers since I work as a dentist. What are your thoughts? or should i just bite the bullet and mine at home with the ant miner s9?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andytranter

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Am i a millionaire yet?

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:54:46 AM

If you really want a quiet (and almost silent miner) you could look at USB miners. However, do not expect to make any money this way. You will NEVER make your money back. This is a way to do it just for fun, and get some very small payments in BTC and introduce you to mining/mining pools.

If you are interested in making some revenue, then you would have to mine from home. A miner will generate a lot of noise and heat (even the supposedly more domestically friendly models). This will quickly turn your office into a sauna and put off everyone nearby with he noise.

Alternatively, you could build an altcoin miner out of computer video cards, which will be quieter and generate less heat, mine alternative coins and then exchange them for bitcoin. Best looking in the altcoin section for suggestions in this area

Made you look!
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:39:11 PM

Hi all,

Id like to either build or buy a quiet office miner. I know that it wont be the most powerful thing but id like to try to have my hand at mining some cheap altcoins for fun. I have my own office but would like to keep it quiet so I don't bother my employees and customers since I work as a dentist. What are your thoughts? or should i just bite the bullet and mine at home with the ant miner s9?

How any ASIC miner can be silent. Instead wasting the time to create a thread here and all. You can check the Youtube video check the antminer S9 package unboxxing to get the clear information about how its working, sound and all specifications.

If you are worry about the sound you need to go with the altcoin mining with the GPU rig set up. Go with the decent PSU and cooling fans to make it silent.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 04:21:16 PM

If you really want a quiet (and almost silent miner) you could look at USB miners. However, do not expect to make any money this way. You will NEVER make your money back. This is a way to do it just for fun, and get some very small payments in BTC and introduce you to mining/mining pools.

If you are interested in making some revenue, then you would have to mine from home. A miner will generate a lot of noise and heat (even the supposedly more domestically friendly models). This will quickly turn your office into a sauna and put off everyone nearby with he noise.

Alternatively, you could build an altcoin miner out of computer video cards, which will be quieter and generate less heat, mine alternative coins and then exchange them for bitcoin. Best looking in the altcoin section for suggestions in this area

Lol, USB miners like u2 and all will not gives the profit to you. If looks for profit we cannot get the returns for the electricity we paid for it.
Altcoin miners should be perfect for home or the commercial location but not fit for office and all. You will caught by your manager.
cryptovagas

Activity: 341
Merit: 10

@cryptovagas

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 05:06:21 PM

Lol, USB miners like u2 and all will not gives the profit to you. If looks for profit we cannot get the returns for the electricity we paid for it.
Altcoin miners should be perfect for home or the commercial location but not fit for office and all. You will caught by your manager.

he doesnt want to pay that,  this is why quiet miner is being searched which i think is called absolutely unfair action! cuz the manager who had offered us a job, has to pay for our plays too x_X

i do strictly ask kids and miners not to do that!

For Sale....
PM me!
Phantoms001

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:29:53 AM

A gpu mining rig is just a computer with video cards.  They really aren't much louder than any other computer unless you are using reference cards which I think sounds like small jet airplanes.

Most new boards can support 2 GPUs.  Why not just start with a computer and add cards?
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 12:32:51 AM

A gpu mining rig is just a computer with video cards.  They really aren't much louder than any other computer unless you are using reference cards which I think sounds like small jet airplanes.

Most new boards can support 2 GPUs.  Why not just start with a computer and add cards?

Yupp, i would suggest this as well. to add that even if you had a x4 1080ti rig, if you were to keep it at say 50% power limit, fans wouldnt need to be more than 40%, and the thing would still darn near be silent, no more loud than an older workstation desktop haha
Most ASICs, are loud as shit, unless you mod them with fans and such, just the nature of them needing to be kept cool

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:06:21 AM

If you really want a quiet (and almost silent miner) you could look at USB miners.

This type of miner is just going to give you an headache, you won't usually get profit with it. Yes can mine with it but you'll get profit accordingly, besides if you want to have a silent office miner nothing has been existing such as like that.

This is a way to do it just for fun

I doubt it that there is someone that will dedicate his time and money just to mine for nothing.

Hi all,

I have read some employees who are sharing pictures that their boss does have mining on their office. Don't you have a second floor or some other rooms nearby on your office? If you still insist that you want to put your miner on your office, try to use egg trays, put it on the wall so it won't bother you, your employees, your customers while you are mining.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Rugosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:31:21 AM

time to start a pi farm

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: