Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin sent to Bitcoin Cash Wallet - possibility to recover?  (Read 223 times)
Marina1996 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:41:03 AM

I used Bitconnect as a trading platform and have incorrectly transferred bitcoins over to bitcoin cash wallet.

More specifically, i used coinjar to deposit CASH over to 'bitcoin cash' wallet - hence my confusion. I know, i should've done my reading before this.

I noticed the cash transaction transferred/ converted itself into bitcoins before it was sent to the bitcoin cash wallet.

I have read about private key recoveries etc. and some trading platforms have been helpful enough to assist its members to recover their bitcoins.

Have sent a ticket to Bitconnect, a week later and no response.

Does anyone know what other methods i can use in order to recover them? They're not showing up in my bitcoin wallet nor my bitcoin cash wallet.. basically the money is out of coinjar and into no where.
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:45:15 AM

Do you have the private key of the address who you send bch to?

If you have the priv key or a seed I can help you, otherwise you need to submit a ticket

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Marina1996 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:45:17 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Will Bitconnect be the one who would have the private key - being the platform i have sent the transaction through?

Or how would i obtain the private key / or seed?
erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:01:29 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Will Bitconnect be the one who would have the private key - being the platform i have sent the transaction through?

Or how would i obtain the private key / or seed?

You need the priv key of the receiving address. If i understood correctly you sent the money to an exchanger address, so the exchanger have the private keys and only the exchanger can help you. The money are still there and recover them would be simple, but you are not the owner of the address.

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: