Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:51:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you abuse on your cost of electricity when you mine?  (Read 198 times)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 10:46:26 AM

Perhaps some of you might not get the title, in my country, most people have practices to either limit the electricity meter, or do any tricks so the cost of electricity could be voided.

But IMO, this is a very bad practice.

Cryptocurrency industry is just growing and people who don't understand on it are usually having bad perspective on it.
So now with the rapid introduction of crypto mining, people here tried to abuse and voided their cost of electricity for more profit.

In your opinion, is this something that you can accept?
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinSavvy

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:51:15 AM

To me, any of these practices is regarded as cheating which will eventually turn to you the same way. It's bad for my karma, so I wouldn't do or accept anything like that.
Psynthax

Activity: 2282
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:57:53 AM

Perhaps some of you might not get the title, in my country, most people have practices to either limit the electricity meter, or do any tricks so the cost of electricity could be voided.

Cryptocurrency industry is just growing and people who don't understand on it are usually having bad perspective on it.
So now with the rapid introduction of crypto mining, people here tried to abuse and voided their cost of electricity for more profit.

But honestly i can accept that as a good thing, and the mining waste a lot of the energy and that must be changed by the way. And remember mining is not friendly with our environtmen.
Because to generate the energy need a lot of the important thing that can't be renewable.
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:59:17 AM

I don't like any tricks to cheat electricity company or somebody else. If you are miner you should take risks and calculate everything for the worst case. It's only your decision to mine or not to mine)))

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:06:16 AM

I get like 2 or 3c knocked off ....in the winter....in that my electric company thinks I'm depending on electric for major heating method on my house
this is not a low income type break...this is for anyone regardless of income that uses electric to pay for the majority of heating their house in the winter here

kinda true the ASIC's heat the house now I use barely any gas in the winter for heat (boiler heat when I use gas)...so going with it

in that, I heat the house with the ASIC's in the basement and they act like frigging space heaters anyway ..I'll take that bet

I told the elec company it was 'server equip' and they could inspect....the lady just rubber stamped it..did not even fib...

compared to everyone else heating their house with electric baseboard heating I fit right in....

they also have a deal with the gas company to watch for cheating (ie your gas bill is high and your supposed elec heat bill is also high)

but hey, been heating the house in winter for the last 4 years......I think at 16 bucks a month min to pay gas company I'm also 200 bucks ahead in the green on the balance

it just rolls over

anyway, the only angle I have ever seen on electric...that and using 220v on all your equip...120v say like in the USA is not that efficient

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
puremage111 (OP)

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:07:23 AM

But honestly i can accept that as a good thing, and the mining waste a lot of the energy and that must be changed by the way. And remember mining is not friendly with our environtmen.
Because to generate the energy need a lot of the important thing that can't be renewable.

But they still uses the same amount of electricity, just they either paying it less, or not paying it.
Anyhow cost of electricity per kwh is around $0.1-$0.15
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: