Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN won't make you rich! Quantity is important?  (Read 481 times)
Karto

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:50:23 PM

What you are really talking about is % appreciation, the price of the coin is irrelevant.
I think that btc have more chances of making 200/300/400% gains than any other altcoin, so I'll stick with them.

is 400% is the gain you are looking for?
twnt22

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:26:37 PM

I agree that you need to find steady/healthy alts if you're looking for that big growth. Especially if you don't already have millions to play with  Cheesy

https://d
⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡DRAGONCHAIN⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡⬡
DRAGONCHAIN.COM
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:44:02 PM

Hello Friends,

I am new in cryptocurrency world. But as far as I understand so far, quantity is very important to make some one rich. 

For example if someone purchase one Bitcoin for $5000 and hold it for years, how much well off he can be in future? Bitcoin may rise to $25k  but still he wont be rich.   

Even if a person bought only one bitcoin at 2009, he would still not be rich today with just one bitcoin.  He will only have $5k.  All the statistics that we see that will make some one millionaire it is only if some one had hundreds of bitocins!

So, is it good idea to spend $5000 to buy just one bitcoin or spend that money to buy thousands of other coin that has potential to grow? Which one has the potential to make some one millionaire at present considering Bitcoin price is almost out of reach $5k/bitcoin ?

Thanks  Cool
I like your thinking, however,  you have understand that bitcoin can make you rich, it will depend on how much you are willing to invest into bitcoin. The are some people with thousands of btc.

But if you can afford only one bitcoin, then best thing to do will be to use that bitcoin to buy into altcoins, those altcoins you buy might make you have more bitcoin years later.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:11:30 PM

The ultimate goal of people should not be getting rich with bitcoin, if you make profit it is okay. I think there are not many people who got rich buying in 2011

chaosfourever

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:05:01 PM

Yes you have a point. The big cap coins can be ok investments but if you want to make more you need altcoims. Try to get into them early when the cap is low. Also look into coins with airdrops such as deeponion. No way you can lose and a great way to get in early

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Moana

Activity: 298
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:40:58 PM

By now I guess that the best strategy is diversification, since you cannot reasonable foresee which coins will be successful in the long run.

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:53:39 PM

The ultimate goal of people should not be getting rich with bitcoin, if you make profit it is okay. I think there are not many people who got rich buying in 2011

If I look through this board, I get the feeling that getting rich with btc is exactly the goal many people have in mind  Grin
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:19:33 PM

i remember reading something very similar to this topic back when bitcoin was about $600ish or maybe lower. i was actually searching for it to find and post it here but i didn't succeed in finding it.

in any case this way of thinking that "bitcoin won't give you profit just because you are later than others" is nothing new. for years people have been complaining about this and price keeps rising and they complain even more but BTC price keeps rising more and more Smiley

it is also combined with another false belief that just because bitcoin could go from nothing (practically 1-10 cents) to nearly $6000 then they think altcoins that worth nothing can rise too! and reality has already proven that this has never been possible because altcoins have not yet been adopted outside of exchanges for anything meaningful!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 01:24:23 PM

I understand what you are getting, yes that true that quantity is the easiest way to earn in this kind of business. The only question here now is, what to buy, which one of the alt will surely increase
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: