Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:02:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Attn: Tradehill  (Read 4198 times)
anthony.selby

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:12:23 AM

Found it in another post ... and Love it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DonnyCMU

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:37:06 AM

My suggestion is that I believe the math part can be done in 15 min., so why don't you just do it?
Also, similar math part:

Your Recent Transactions
Obtain: 25.0000 BTC Gave: 389.0000 USD

<--- Can you take some minutes to add the math and show the price per bitcoin that I just buy/sell?

Thank you.
Deimos_Anomaly

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:40:06 AM

A way to transfer funds outside the US without ending up paying more in fees than the actual transfer would be nice  Wink
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:40:29 AM

Priorities are:

Security (always)
API (basically ready and testing it but want it to be secure obviously)
Modifying instant  buy / sell to be more compatible with the API
Adding tickers
Math on buy/sell orders and showing balances etc
favicon.ico

Hehe... the new update of Chrome is like a sea of blue globes.

Alex Beckenham

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:45:05 AM

By the way, I can no longer find my referral code. Sorry, I see it on the profile page... the below statement still stands true though.

When I had no referrals, it showed me the code on the dashboard page, but now that I have earned some commission (4c), it no longer shows me my code, only this:

Your Earned Commisions
USD   0.04 USD

Maria

Activity: 832
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:12:25 AM

What we really want is Live Auto-trading via Sierra Charts or Metatrader 4 or any custom open source trading platform.

Also, you may want to consider moving your operations to Panama. Privacy banking laws in your favor.

Maria.

BTC Economist

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:20:01 AM

I've noticed that I stay infinitely logged into the site if I don't log out.  I figure there should be a timeout.

When BTC soars, you need to be READY!  PM me to learn more about my new e-book, How to Create and Profit from the Second Bitcoin Bubble available exclusively to BTC forum members!

17JzkreEBYNHQM9tMTiUKCHANofwzHRLhP
Alex Beckenham

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:28:14 AM

I've noticed that I stay infinitely logged into the site if I don't log out.  I figure there should be a timeout.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just log out if you need to.

I really hope you haven't ruined it for me... auto-logout is so annoying.

...at least allow me to set my 'timeout' to 30+ days.

DonnyCMU

Activity: 143

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 06:37:02 AM

I've noticed that I stay infinitely logged into the site if I don't log out.  I figure there should be a timeout.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Just log out if you need to.

I really hope you haven't ruined it for me... auto-logout is so annoying.

...at least allow me to set my 'timeout' to 30+ days.

Agreed. Mt.Gox really annoys me when they log me out like every 10 min. or so...
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 10:28:19 AM

The plan on the charts is to use Java, it looks like I forgot to mention that. We won't be using Flash.

*OUCH*  That's even *worse* Undecided

Please, confirm you actually meant java instead of javascript.
fassadlr

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 11:29:43 AM

I totally second, third.. the automatic trade calculations option as well as your balance on the top of the screen improvements. Its so annoying having go constantly opening up Calculator to calculate your BTC/$ and vice versa!
zaphod

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 01:09:30 PM

The plan on the charts is to use Java, it looks like I forgot to mention that. We won't be using Flash.

The charts don't require someone to have the access that the API and other features mentioned do so we can get someone to work on it at the same time.
I can make a separate post asking for someone but I'm assuming this is going to be read and there are quite a few people that could do it.

Priorities are:

Security (always)
API (basically ready and testing it but want it to be secure obviously)
Modifying instant  buy / sell to be more compatible with the API
Adding tickers
Math on buy/sell orders and showing balances etc
This is off the top of my head and I'm not coding so I can't say what other internal issues they are working on.

We're bringing a lot of people on board and spending time getting them up to speed currently.
Once they're up and running the changes should be coming quickly and we have a decent list of features we want to implement.

In regards to keeping user data intact that is paramount. If Mt Gox is going to continue to move forward and they make the changes needed
then we will support them. This isn't the same as saying "it's cool guys, no big deal". Larger companies have lost considerably more data and moved on.
Ultimately the users will decide. If people continue to send Dollars and Bitcoins to Mt Gox they will continue to operate. Regardless I don't imagine anyone
forgetting what happened anytime soon. If they open up again without taking the proper steps that is something else completely. It looks like they're doing the
right thing and time will tell.

Is instant buy/sell supposed to be a market order?  I would think you'd have market and limit orders instead of just limit orders...
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:48:56 PM

It's been 2 weeks. What's the deal?

Be humble!
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 05:55:56 PM

Essentially it's taken a lot longer than anticipated due to rewriting the system, ensuring that it integrates properly with the API and bringing more developers on board.
Bringing more people in to the company has slowed everything down for a few days but obviously when they're up to speed development will happen a lot more quickly.
I just asked our lead coder and he said we should have an eta soon. We prioritized a couple security features that I think you'll like over instant buy/sell for the moment.
Security is always going to be the highest priority, we didn't see any vulnerabilities but would still like to add additional layers.
We should have an announcement really soon and we really want to have instant buy/sell back up as well.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:06:21 PM

then you don't have any room to criticize others

Yes, we shouldn't criticize people because we don't know things. We shouldn't criticize the US budget because we're not economics majors. We shouldn't criticize the repairs on our vehicles because we're not full-time mechanics. We shouldn't criticize air quality because we're not air quality testers. So on and so forth...

This forum is so fucking awesome. Loaded with entertainment value.

You don't have the authority to call this entertaining unless you are a critic.  References please.
Awesome!  Cheesy
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:23:55 PM

we really want to have instant buy/sell back up as well.

-Jered

Do you profit from instant buy/instant sell? What are some reasons for using this feature when I can instantly buy and sell at market value?
What if you just discarded this feature, how will that effect you or us? Personally, I'd never use it because I can't think of a time when using it will be better than using the market. Can you think of a time when the benefits of instant/buy/sell outweigh any other option?

Just Curious.

If it's not beneficial, perhaps you can "cut some fat" and save time, energy, and money.

Be humble!
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:46:16 PM

How about an instant deposit/withdrawal from LibertyReserve. I've seen other places offer LR auto exchange.
Why are they processed manually at Tradehill ?

Since you are segregating the funds and we assume hold 100% of user deposits then there should not be an obstacle to auto exchanging LR.

Maybe you could elaborate on the challenge? So, we can sympathize.

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 07:48:26 PM

How about an instant deposit/withdrawal from LibertyReserve. I've seen other places offer LR auto exchange.
Why are they processed manually at Tradehill ?

Since you are segregating the funds and we assume hold 100% of user deposits then there should not be an obstacle to auto exchanging LR.

Maybe you could elaborate on the challenge? So, we can sympathize.

We will have LR fully automated soon. We're receiving a lot of fraud attempts and prefer to manually verify each one.
We have been debating the speed of auto clearing LR vs the safety of manually verifying. We're going to make an announcement soon that will make more sense.
We're also looking at lowering the commission substantially on LR so it's really inexpensive to convert LR to USD or other currencies.

The main reason for auto verifying is that if something does go wrong then we will catch it before it leaves our system.
We could fully automate now but would like to continue verifying for a bit more. We will be increasing the speed and interval that we manually verify the LR.
You shouldn't have to wait more than a few hours and lately that has been the case.

we really want to have instant buy/sell back up as well.

-Jered

Do you profit from instant buy/instant sell? What are some reasons for using this feature when I can instantly buy and sell at market value?
What if you just discarded this feature, how will that effect you or us? Personally, I'd never use it because I can't think of a time when using it will be better than using the market. Can you think of a time when the benefits of instant/buy/sell outweigh any other option?

Just Curious.

If it's not beneficial, perhaps you can "cut some fat" and save time, energy, and money.

We don't profit more on instant than on a market order. We had received a lot of positive feedback from it though and it was well received.
It simplifies the process even though the end result is the same for a lot of people.

In short it just makes it faster / easier, if you use market orders there isn't a reason to use instant.
We will make a few changes to it where it may benefit you if you want to do something like sell all your USD for BTC or the other way around etc.
We have a lot of changes lined up it's just a matter of working down the list.

-Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
BGL

Activity: 60

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:52:40 PM

OT: I went through 3-4 unreadable captchas earlier this morning. (2 of them were letter O's or Q's but couldn't tell) Is the lock out at 5? I about walked away..
GeniuSxBoY (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:53:52 PM

Thanks for the clarification! You've been really helpful +1

Keep us updated on your progress Smiley cheers

Be humble!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: