Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:19:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct?  (Read 14820 times)
Aryanto28

Activity: 211
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 11:39:24 PM

cash in my country will never be extinct because cash is a legitimate rule written in the law. which I know bitcoin is an item that can be said for barter transactions not to replace cash as a legitimate transaction tool.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 04:49:32 AM

I might get happen that cash might get extinct but for that government and people should start using e-wallets and it will take time to reache to every person. If crypto currency get legalised in all countries then yes this process will even take less time.

spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:38:54 AM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Cash must not be brought into extinction just because cryptocurrencies have already been established. It must be remained into its current position since the rise of technology will not be assured to be stable because there might be malfunctions in the future and if  cadh will be extinct, the essence of money in the world will be somehow abducted because admit it or not, putting all your money into virtual will be exposed into different danger and is literally risky to be done effectively.
Fiat =/= cash. I'm surprised that nobody seems to know the distinction of the terms.
I agree with you. bitcoin is simply the result of technological advances that still rely on resources for its use. but the money still works because it works even without resources. So with cash will not slow down the transaction under any circumstances. But no doubt many transactions are easier to use digital currency. so I think cash and digital money still exist with its own use.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:34:59 AM

Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Before, I thought this is not possible.  But as time goes by,  I open into the possibility that someday, cash will be instinct. We should not underestimate technology because sky is the limit.  Someday all transactions will be digital and bitcoin by that time is very popular and of course bitcoin's price soar up high.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:55:45 AM

Yes cash will be extinct sooner or later. It is redundant in this day and age with all the technology that we have. There are much better and more secure currencies to use.
You’re saying this cause you had the chance to get yourself a piece of garb@ge that lets you get access to the internet. Have you considered those that don’t even have one. I know some of my friends that don’t even have a smartphone, when they see an ordinary smartphone, they feel like they’ve seen God, why? Because they’re too poor and can’t afford to buy themselves one of those. Don’t be selfish always consider others around you in whatever you do.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:19:38 PM

Yes cash will be extinct sooner or later. It is redundant in this day and age with all the technology that we have. There are much better and more secure currencies to use.
You’re saying this cause you had the chance to get yourself a piece of garb@ge that lets you get access to the internet. Have you considered those that don’t even have one. I know some of my friends that don’t even have a smartphone, when they see an ordinary smartphone, they feel like they’ve seen God, why? Because they’re too poor and can’t afford to buy themselves one of those. Don’t be selfish always consider others around you in whatever you do.
That's changing very quickly. Even people in warzones have smartphones these days. And when I was in Asia about 10 years ago even homeless had the latest smartphones.

Facebook and Alphabet are actively working on getting internet to even the poorest people so that they will be able to gain more ad revenue.
kingntking

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:22:56 PM

Maybe this could happen, but for me i think if this cash will extinct, more bad elements will surely grab the chance to use fraud online payments during every transactions. It can be also a security from hold-ups, theft and robbery.
There is no one in this world who can tell us what is going to happen in the future. We never know this thing. Anything can happen in the coming days. As far as I think, there is no way that we can eliminate the paper money out of this world. Paper money has its own importance and value and we cannot eradicate paper money from this society. Paper money will remain at its very own place.
micleeiu398

Activity: 219
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 03:58:44 PM

Yeah when it comes to the security crypt are best and when we have such a profitable coins in community why we are still relaying on the pieces of paper, simply we can switch to the bitcoin system that give eases to a lot of investor here and more of It bitcoin is the most beneficial it keeps money safe as well as give more than 100% profit on it just think about those who invested in it are now living epic.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 07:48:34 PM

Maybe someday its could be happen,everything is possible in the word..am i right?
Everything is surely possible, but there are some things we just have to forget the fact that it would happen during our own existence or generation. I am not saying one day, we won't have majority of the learned going cashless, no doubt cause so many of them are.

I have learnt some few dollar note in my wallet for a very long time without even spending it, but the same way we still have people who still rely only on using cash as their preferable method.
Bella Thorne

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:59:52 AM

Belived or not, people in the future will no longer use paper money, it will be replaced by gold. Probably the gold is physical or virtual, I do not know which one.
In my opinion, Cash will never be extinct in this world, because cash is part of the history, and cash is will be forever in daily life of every people in this world, Cash is what people need to buy their Wants and needs and cash is the needs of Supermalls, Restaurant, Grocery store, because cash is important for every transaction in this world. And cash is part in the tradition of people so it will be extinct.

Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:31:35 AM

No i dont think so that the cash will get extinct. Its because not all countries are totally aware of bitcoin i mean in some people of that certain countries. There are unprogessive country, for sure they will be having hard time dealing with that issue. Still cash will be in use for sure.
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:41:51 AM

Not literally to be extinct I think. Maybe the production of usage of physical money will just be lessen due to the rise of cryptocurrencies which are more accessible to the community. Because even we say that there already lots of people using cryptocurrencies, we cannot still deny the fact that there is still a small population of fiat users that still prefer it more than cryptocurrency.

ganter008

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:15:02 AM

i think its possible but as of now it would not be happen. some of countries are not progressive and theres a lot of people cannot do an adjusment on this situation.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:26:54 AM

I think this plan that they have will not fully extinct cash especially when all the other countries are still active in using each countries currency. This plan must be just minimizing of using or involving of cash in daily transactions. Maybe this is one of theie ways in minimizing cash related crimes and go with some technology which the millenial time offers.
Exactly, it will only be minimized and not that much even. If you go to some countries where you hardly see few elites than the normal masses, it would be a challenge as just only few will definitely take on using the digital age of transactions. The two will always go hand in hand until probably there will not be any need anymore as some generation gets wiped out but that would take some time.
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:11:35 AM

Maybe this could happen, but for me i think if this cash will extinct, more bad elements will surely grab the chance to use fraud online payments during every transactions. It can be also a security from hold-ups, theft and robbery.
Exactly, being digital don’t assure you maximum times whether you are doing right transactions or not. Like you all better know about the cyber robberies and thefts all around the world. So bitcoin must be impaired with cash else, if you are thinking about a society that don’t use cash, that will not stabilize itself for a longer time. Cash is compulsory and you are right it can’t be distinct.
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:17:10 AM

I think this plan that they have will not fully extinct cash especially when all the other countries are still active in using each countries currency. This plan must be just minimizing of using or involving of cash in daily transactions. Maybe this is one of theie ways in minimizing cash related crimes and go with some technology which the millenial time offers.
Exactly, it will only be minimized and not that much even. If you go to some countries where you hardly see few elites than the normal masses, it would be a challenge as just only few will definitely take on using the digital age of transactions. The two will always go hand in hand until probably there will not be any need anymore as some generation gets wiped out but that would take some time.
In my opinion it is not possible in the near deacades also.It is infact not possible that every person in the world can become so much literate and learned and have the knowledge about computer and internet. Even if they acquire knowledge about computer and internet, they will not agree on the fact that they will have to give up using cash or fiat money because cryptocurrencies are not even legalised in many nations and there are many cases of fraud too.Fiat money is used in day to day transactions.Even the international transactions are done through cash.Common man or villagers only have cash in their hand.Cash is more reliable and safer rather than cryptocurrencies.I think there is still a lot of time for cryptocurrencies to compete with cash.They can come equal to cash but cannot overtake it.
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:20:26 AM

Honestly.. I personally do not think at all that cash will be extinct later (including in the year 2023), less likely I guess if indeed all countries will actually stop to using cash. I think this will not be happened, and cash will never be extinct forever.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:24:22 PM

Fiat will never be extinct because it is one if the most important thing on earth. We always use cash in our daily transaction and we can use it anytime anywhere. So cash cannot be replace by any cryptocurrency.

For the current technological platform, fiat must exist. However, in the future, as technology grows to a new height, I believe fiat can be replaced by a smart currency, which may be digital currency.
of course fiat will continue to survive because every country will certainly defend each of their own local currency, time will change everything that is ancient to be very sophisticated as well as cash money, I am sure fiat will have digital currency or smart currency to replace cash money which is increasingly ancient and no longer in accordance with the needs of the times
JaredStein

Activity: 379
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:48:47 PM

Yes. Sweden has already begun the process of going cashless and others will follow. It is too archaic. Digital currencies will come about and Bitcoin will be the best form of sound money so it'll be the world's reserve currency.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 01:53:38 PM

Yes. Sweden has already begun the process of going cashless and others will follow. It is too archaic. Digital currencies will come about and Bitcoin will be the best form of sound money so it'll be the world's reserve currency.

I agree. Though even if we have countries here going full digital, it can't happen all over the world. Cash can't be extinct. The effects would be heavy not for rich cointries like switzerland but for third world countries who will have a hard time supporting the requirements for full digital

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: