Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:56:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-11] Latest Prediction Puts Bitcoin at $10k by April 2018  (Read 234 times)
White sugar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:02:29 PM

Speaking at CNBC on Wednesday, investor turned cryptocurrency mogul Mike Novogratz explained why's he's betting it all on Bitcoin. He expects the value of this cryptocurrency to grow in the coming months, heralding the "blockchain revolution."

As Bitcoin prices remain stable, experts predict a continued increase in value. In a recent interview featured in CNBC‘s “Fast Money” segment, former Fortress Investment Group hedge fund manager turned cryptocurrency investor Mike Novogratz said the rise in value isn’t likely to stop any time soon.

“I’m pretty confident to say it’s going higher,” he said on Wednesday, adding that “It would not surprise [me] if in the next six to 10 months we’re over $10,000.” Just last week, other experts predicted bitcoin prices would reach $6,000 by the end of the year, though still warning against volatility.

Indeed, many have pointed out that cryptocurrencies tend to be unstable. For Novogratz, however, this volatility is normal. “Yes, it’s a bubble, it’s going to be one of the great manias of all time,” he explained. “Bitcoin happens to be the bellwether of this entire decentralized revolution, so it’s the easiest way people get gain exposure to it. […] Things like Ethereum I think will be the public utility of this new space.” This blockchain revolution, he added, would “change the way we live.”

Despite fears of a dip in prices due to Russia’s cryptocurrency ban, recent numbers show that bitcoin prices have stayed at the upper $4,000 mark after closing at another all-time high on Monday. The Russian ban comes after China and South Korea made similar moves against cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings (ICOs).

Disclosure: Several members of the Futurism team, including the editors of this piece, are personal investors in a number of cryptocurrency markets. Their personal investment perspectives have no impact on editorial content.

https://futurism.com/latest-prediction-puts-bitcoin-at-10k-by-april-2018/
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:06:03 PM

This is the sort of thing we should be seeing more of and not accusations of fraud based on nothing, we are almost halfway to the $10,000 and it is a great move forward having people like this and their money jumping on the train and as many have said we are in the very very early days of what bitcoin and blockchain tech can do.
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:40:45 PM

What dip mate? forget what you see every day, if Bitcoin didn't have a sudden pump of $200 and a dip down of $200 occasionally $400 rise and a

Slow dip down back of $500 it would've had a different name. they don't even know how small and incomplete Bitcoin is, tell them about miners adding

A few extra transactions to each block took more than 2 years. Bitcoin is slow and is a rusty old man when it's performance test. if people let it change

And we could have 1000-2000 transactions per second, $10,000 will be equal to 0.01 before the next halving.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:51:09 PM

I find it funny that these predictions only pop up when the price has gone up considerably already. It would add to their credibility if these people also did speak out in this way when we were still hovering below the $1000 level. Other than that, there is something positive to all these predictions, and that's the overall bullish sentiment that this market experiences nowadays. Everything is better than how "experts" and people were previously looking at Bitcoin as being something shady that was only being used by criminals. It's a welcome change that I would like to see take over the entire world.
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:17:59 PM

I don't need any Mike Novogratz's opinion and prediction to know that Bitcoin will raise to 10000$ next year. He is not the first who predicted that and I see it by my own eyes that it is going to be so. I am planing to hold all my founds till that target, 10000$  Grin
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:15:57 PM

I find it funny that these predictions only pop up when the price has gone up considerably already. It would add to their credibility if these people also did speak out in this way when we were still hovering below the $1000 level.

They are surfing on Bitcoin's popularity, and for that reason I believe the plague of self claimed experts/analysts will only further intensify in the forthcoming years. These people that are loud have likely been the skeptics of the previous years that were badly hammering down on Bitcoin. The real winners here are the people who have been here and bought their coins years ago when the price was just a few hundred bucks, or even below the $100 level. I have great respect for these people, because they have been holding their coins through whatever nightmare situation (e.g the SilkRoad shut down crash, MtGox crash, to name a few), but still kept believing in the long term. Current self claimed experts and analysts are parasites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: