Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:44:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LocalBitcoins Payment NOT recieved  (Read 369 times)
ilRena (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

I recently sold about 0.13 bitcoins (about 500 EUR) but the guy who bought it said that he would complete the payment in 2 hours, after he said that he confirmed the payment without doing it.
Now I don't know if release or not the Bitcoins, I didn't recieved nothing in my Visa card, but I'm still waiting.
What will happen if I don't release the bitcoins?

Please help me, thanks.
SM23031997

Activity: 1092
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:24:40 PM

If he is saying that he sent the money than just wait for them to arrive into your account. No need to release bitcoins until you get confirmation from the bank that the funds are received. If he is forcing you to release bitcoin held in escrow than ignore him. you can open a dispute after some time, that the amount is not yet received in your bank account. And the matter will be taken care by the LBC staff.
sweetdesirez

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:27:36 PM

I recently sold about 0.13 bitcoins (about 500 EUR) but the guy who bought it said that he would complete the payment in 2 hours, after he said that he confirmed the payment without doing it.
Now I don't know if release or not the Bitcoins, I didn't recieved nothing in my Visa card, but I'm still waiting.

Please help me, thanks.

If you dont release the bitcoins yourself and take no action. it will be automatically released after a certain span of time. Under no circumstance should you release the escrow unless you see the money in your account. If the buyer has marked it as confirmed, ask him in the chat why he did like that and if you are not satisfied with the answer, immediately file a dispute.
Lone Shark

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:32:24 PM

OP, if that happens you can dispute it with Localbitcoins, DO NOT RELEASE IT!
What happens here is that it is upon the buyer to prove that he did pay you. If he does not show proof of payment then he will likely lose the dispute. You should probably update your terms of sale, you need to specifically develop your own security measure one each payment method.

Hello! I am an experienced trade on LBC. I can help you win your dispute if you will pay me a small fee of the amount releases!

This guy though. :/
solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:23:30 PM

Please help me, thanks.

In the trade dashboard you find the Information your trade. There must tab called status which has mentioned trade finished if you complete the trade. If you not released you can find the message says waiting for buyer to confirm or bitcoin should be released.
Other than no possible to get your amount back to you. Most of the traders from LBC use to return the fund if there is an issue.
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:45:17 PM

Please help me, thanks.
I will suggest you never release coins before receiving payment in you account because once if you done this then you cannot receive your payment back if he is not responding then you have 2 options one is start dispute and second is cancel this trade so be-careful about your payment
P2Pfinder

Activity: 249
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:18:29 AM

Please help me, thanks.

Don't release until you see your payiment. And remember that some kind of payement are reversible (like paypal or skrill) and for other one's like bank transferis better to ask for a selfie with ID card to prove thate the sender is the owner of the account.
xypos

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:37:21 AM

Please help me, thanks.

Dispute the transaction.

this is quite simple to do and as long as a certain timeframe has passed you should be able to dispute the offer. However, talk to the guy first. Perhaps he did this by mistake or whatever and tell him to cancel transaction.

If not, dispute and contact support immediately.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:31:33 AM

Please help me, thanks.

This is a fairly common occurance and it's really nothing to worry about. This is exactly why you use localbitcoins instead of dealing with the person that you're trading with directly, since you're protected by their escrow.

Ask them why they marked payment complete, even though they haven't paid.

Then, proceed to dispute the transaction if he does not respond. Do not release the coins.
TheCoinFinder
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:53:55 AM

Please help me, thanks.
If you are sure your btc transaction got confirmed and you did not receive payment from buyer, you just need to raise a dispute.
Currently localbitcoins have time limit for dispute resoltion: 72 hours for seller and 42 hours for buyer.
Cases are resolved in maximum given time. While pending disputed transactions, you would not be allowed to trade.

.Deviant.io.                ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄
             ▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄
           ██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
         ▄█▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄
        ▐█░░░▄████████████████▄░░
        █▌░░███▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▌▐█
        █▌░░█████▌  ▐▄▄   ██████░▐█
        ██░░▀██████████████████░▒██
        ▄██▄▄███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀███▄░▄███▄
     ▄██▓▓▓██▓▓███▀▀▒▒▒▀▀███▓▓██▓▓▓▓██
    ▐█▓▓▓▓█▓██▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌▒▀████▓█▓▓▓
    ▀███████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▀█▒▒▒████████▀