Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:38:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HITBTC altered my Ethereum wallet address and stole my Ethereum  (Read 596 times)
corytaylor1313 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:16:22 PM

2017-10-11 20:37
Four days ago, I attempted to withdraw my Ethereum from HITBTC and deposit it into my Ethereum wallet elsewhere. I put the address in and received an email verification. I approved the email verification and then didn't see the Ethereum where it was supposed to have gone. I checked the transaction and saw the the address I had verified had been altered. Several of the lower case letters had been changed to Capital letters, making the address different then the one I gave and I never received my Ethereum! Apparently it was sent elsewhere, to an address I DID NOT APPROVE of. This is a MAJOR problem. HITBTC has essentially stolen my Ethereum and it was days ago that I wrote them about this. I want my Ethereum back and I want the site fixed so this doesn't happen again to anyone else. I sent HITBTC a screen shot of the address I requested my Ethereum to be sent to and a screen shot of where HITBTC actually sent it to. Has anyone else had any problems with HITBTC?  Please let me know if you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:53:56 PM

Nobody has problem with HitBtc. You got notified by email about the transaction and you confirm it. Even hitbtc changed the receipent wallet address, it's your responsability to carefully read the withdraw request email before confirming the transaction. I use hitbtc since time and got no issues at all. If it's not the case, please post your proofs with further details. 
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:29:25 PM

2017-10-11 20:37
Four days ago, I attempted to withdraw my Ethereum from HITBTC and deposit it into my Ethereum wallet elsewhere. I put the address in and received an email verification. I approved the email verification and then didn't see the Ethereum where it was supposed to have gone. I checked the transaction and saw the the address I had verified had been altered. Several of the lower case letters had been changed to Capital letters, making the address different then the one I gave and I never received my Ethereum! Apparently it was sent elsewhere, to an address I DID NOT APPROVE of. This is a MAJOR problem. HITBTC has essentially stolen my Ethereum and it was days ago that I wrote them about this. I want my Ethereum back and I want the site fixed so this doesn't happen again to anyone else. I sent HITBTC a screen shot of the address I requested my Ethereum to be sent to and a screen shot of where HITBTC actually sent it to. Has anyone else had any problems with HITBTC?  Please let me know if you have.

Did you check with HitBTC though? I think you need to follow up with them. How come it was altered? Why you didn't check the address in the first place? I have ETH in HitBTC but I still didn't withdraw it as for now. This is a wake up call bro and takes for reminding us. I will double check if ever I intend to withdraw it.

Nobody has problem with HitBtc. You got notified by email about the transaction and you confirm it. Even hitbtc changed the receipent wallet address, it's your responsability to carefully read the withdraw request email before confirming the transaction. I use hitbtc since time and got no issues at all. If it's not the case, please post your proofs with further details. 

Maybe its human error from the side of the OP because he did double check everything. What if the address was altered? How do you go about it? And how it the world it changed? I just it needed answers so that we can get a idea why is HitBTC is changing it as per OP he informed then where the address should go.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
corytaylor1313 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:44:17 AM

To the person who said I should've checked the email carefully - I did check the email verification carefully.  It was correct, so I ok'd it.  The problem is that the address I asked them to send it to was altered!  Hitbtc did not send my Ethereum to the address I asked them to send it to.  They altered it and sent it to an address that was different from mine.  I never received it. 
giveen

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:42:27 AM

That is something new it hasn't happened with me before and don't think it can actually happen because when verification email is sent they send the address it is being sent to and also the amount. Even if it did happen you will most likely not get your funds and they will simply state it is in the network and they can't do anything.
You also need to prove this accusation you are simply explaining in text show us the proof of the email verification and the address.
corytaylor1313 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:12:49 AM

I sent Hitbtc the verification email and the transaction detail page.  I'm waiting a little longer to see if they respond before I post the information here. 
corytaylor1313 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:14:55 PM

Hitbtc doesn't allow deposits into the Ethereum wallet I was trying to send my Ethereum to.  I believe they are going to refund me for this transaction. 
HitbtcSCAM

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:47:34 PM

hitbtc.com is controlled by the us government avoid it they stole 130k from me

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217068.0
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:48:46 PM

What immediately springs to mind is the malware/virus that changes eth addresses you copy paste/send to.

So you have an email that confirms you used your own address? Or was the address changed  already in the confirmation mail?
HitbtcSCAM

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:30:36 PM

Its not a virus, the humans working the site are the virus.Hitbtc.com is controlled by the new world order scum (fbi) in the usa!
They robbed 130k from me wake up people!!
HitbtcSCAM

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:11:59 PM

Bump
HitbtcSCAM

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:35:17 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2217068.0

Now my loss is up to 335k usd

Death to the fbi
CounterStrike

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:22:04 PM

Wow another scam accusation aimed at HITBTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: