Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:09:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: what is altcoin airdrop ?  (Read 1532 times)
misa999 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:41:16 PM

Hey guys what is it altcoin airdrop? I tried to google it but didnt find anything fulfilling

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Saifher

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:44:31 PM

Airdrop is literally what the word means: coins dropping from up above Tongue

Some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects. When you get a coin you'll likely look into it and maybe end up buying more.

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:57:07 PM

Some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects. When you get a coin you'll likely look into it and maybe end up buying more.
Sorry mate but that's exactly what they're expecting from the idiots to do, once you even think about buying a token with no real community and no

Use, airdrop tokens are the definitions of assholes wide enough to cause them not working and make them to try these new methods of scamming.

Have you seen yoshit and their list of coins? now we have a new scam eBtc. only a retard thinks about buying eBtc. they own the entire supply but

You beggars always want something free, air is free too you should collect air or if someone is selling air you should buy air?
Saifher

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:01:26 PM

Sorry mate but that's exactly what they're expecting from the idiots to do, once you even think about buying a token with no real community and no

Use, airdrop tokens are the definitions of assholes wide enough to cause them not working and make them to try these new methods of scamming.

Have you seen yoshit and their list of coins? now we have a new scam eBtc. only a retard thinks about buying eBtc. they own the entire supply but

You beggars always want something free, air is free too you should collect air or if someone is selling air you should buy air?

Im sorry you're not very bright, mate. Where were you when OMG did an airdrop last month? Get off your high horse and stop assuming everyone is as incapable and short sighted as you are. Cant even type a proper 4-line paragraph, that's sad.

misa999 (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:04:31 PM

Im sorry you're not very bright, mate. Where were you when OMG did an airdrop last month? Get off your high horse and stop assuming everyone is as incapable and short sighted as you are. Cant even type a proper 4-line paragraph, that's sad.

what was the OMG airdrop about?? OMG WAS GIVING OMG TOKENS?
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:10:52 PM

what was the OMG airdrop about?? OMG WAS GIVING OMG TOKENS?

Don't worry, it wasn't a large amount. Essentially anyone holding ethereum at the time they took a snapshot (sometime in July I believe) received some OMG in their wallet. The airdrop was last month. The ethereum should have been in a wallet like myetherwallet or mist at that time and not on an exchange.

banks38

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:14:06 PM

Airdrops = only the best thing ever!
Or was that a sarcastic question?
inthelongrun

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:46:46 PM

Hey guys what is it altcoin airdrop? I tried to google it but didnt find anything fulfilling

Do not search for "altcoin airdrop" through Google. If you also type in the word airdrop alone, what comes out is the airdrop that is relation to Apple Mac. So I advice you to input Cryptocurrency Airdrop or simply crypto airdrop. I guess that would be good enough for Google to show you the exact pages.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
BenjaminFranklingwould

Activity: 335
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:53:31 PM

Why do you think that they own entire supply? Their smart contract locked up to 21 million like in Bitcoin and they airdropped more than 90%+

Why is it so obivous to you as a scam?

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Camster

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:05:53 AM

wow, that guy made me feel guilty for liking and participating in airdrops and breathing air.  I used to scuba dive.  Had oxygen tanks.  Guess at one point I believed in air enough to buy and store some.  LOL
Ch1bi

Activity: 289

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:10:05 AM

An airdrop is when the team of a coin "gives away" free coins. This is to bring awareness to the project, and also create hype for it. Sometimes you might have to wear the signature of the coin and post in order to get the coins. It all depends on the project.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:12:33 AM

Too bad the good airdrops now have to suffer because of the recent wave of e-coin airdrops.
mikki14

Activity: 299

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:14:13 AM

Are you 100% sure that airdrops were all scams? Haha, and you even have the guts to use the word idiot. Grin
But na na, I don't care coz it's free. Beggars cant be choosers, right? Grin

ljtronics

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:14:55 AM

So, breath some air people is better !
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:20:36 AM

Altcoin airdrop are free coins given by developers for exposure purposes. They do this so that people will look more into it. If they see that the coin has value then they would eventually buy it. Some airdrops are given to people who has a balance of a certain coin then they would give the same amount of the airdrop coin to you. There are airdrop coins that has no true value but would increase in price when it hit the exchanges because of the hype but would eventually lose its value so more often than not, when airdrop coins hit the exchanges, people rush to sell the coins but there are those who waited thus getting additional value to their coins.

Reatim

Activity: 2828
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:29:48 AM

And there are doing airdrop even before the Pre-ICO correct? So initially, you don't know if the project will become a success as well? But it's gaining traction among community member because unlike signature campaigns even newbie or jr member can participant? Sorry I'm been reading about Air Drop but I haven't join one. But there are some saying that is very rewarding while other didn't get their free tokens though.  So its really difficult to join or not.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
emiedj01

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:36:53 AM

Any of airdrop that is targeted towards a local population is going to be difficult and costly to pull off because there is no way to easily verify people's identity. In my opinion, the creator of these coins are using "airdrops" to build up hype and don't really have any practical way of handling the airdrop.
doudou1110

Activity: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:38:12 AM

Airdrop means you will get some free coins if you can meet some requirements, for example, if you have some ETH on your wallet, you can get some free OMG a free weeks ago. Am I right?

javelot

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:38:48 AM

Money still don't grow on trees but now they fall from the sky.
dale1075

Activity: 252
Merit: 37

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:07:01 AM

Same here. I want also to fully understand how it works. Is there a primer to this in the forum? thanks!

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:17:41 AM

Airdrop is when some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects.
skullsandbones

Activity: 222

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

You could say Airdop is giving coins to potential users and a service can gain more value if the people use it.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

Do not search for "altcoin airdrop" through Google. If you also type in the word airdrop alone, what comes out is the airdrop that is relation to Apple Mac. So I advice you to input Cryptocurrency Airdrop or simply crypto airdrop. I guess that would be good enough for Google to show you the exact pages.

yeah, i also search the word airdrop on google before but the results are mostly apple or iphones application which was also called airdrop lol. by the way @op airdrop means free giveaway of tokens/coins from an ico. most airdrops are free but there are some that requires you to pay a specific amount or donation to avoid spam and multiple claims for some people. although most tokens/coins from the airdrop are useless and do not have a real value.
Icaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

Maybe end up buying more. Maybe some people do that but for me, i got airdrop and if there is a market then i will sell it all without no left.
I think better do that than buying more.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

Maybe end up buying more. Maybe some people do that but for me, i got airdrop and if there is a market then i will sell it all without no left.
I think better do that than buying more.

But of course before selling it all in the market, you have yk make sure that the price is right. Maybe you'll regret in the future because you sell it in a low price. You have to apply patience. Holding it for long will give you big amount of profit. It doesn't mean it's in the market, you'll sell it right away. Wait for the right time.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:42:57 AM

Airdrop is free coins given by a project team free of charge just by filling a form and getting their wallet. Is a marketing strategy for most project willing to distribute their coins .
naitik01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

Altcoin airdrop are free coin given by developers for exposure purposes.Do you know that there are some crypto coins that are doing airdrops to owners of Bitcoin? This means that if you are holding BTC in a wallet that allows.you can get free money in the form of crypto coins. Transaction from a Bitcoin wallet is fine as confirmation, but if they ask for a private key or wallet file or some sensitive data like that, then just avoid them!.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:16:28 AM

Airdrop is a way by which dev of coins or tokens attract more and more people, users or investor by giving them their coins or tokens for free. And expand their community and it is just a really good marketing strategy. It's actually a symbiotic relationship between the dev and the people as the dev is getting profit as his project might gain attention and popularity where as people get free coins. What more can we ask for. Grin
DrYM

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

I just have to say, I also posted this in another thread, I used to use Airdropalert.com and they made a change now where they removed how old the airdrop is and messed up the entire order of the airdrops in their list, the change is simply terrible. I really hope they'll change it back soon, the site is barely usable like that.
decryptionary

Activity: 23

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

All of the earlier entries look correct. But if you want to check it out, I've got airdrop defined in my dictionary at

https://decryptionary.com/dictionary/airdrop/
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:44:13 AM

Most airdrop coins are scam to be honest. There are no real development or real world use case for the coin. I would say don't go for the airdrop just because they are free. I suspect most use it to mine for personal data or email.

cryptodaemon

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:39:30 PM

the electronic dollar dev team is proposing airdrop based on mining only without any operation.  there is also a bounty program for who is joining the development phase. perhaps i'm completely wrong , but I think this is a sign of i fair and honest intent.

https://edollar.cash/
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:12:43 AM

as I know, airdrop is a free coin distributed by ico project. but I still hesitate and do not understand, what exactly is the purpose of the airdrop? Anyone knows?
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

Airdrop literally can be said to be "fall from above with out stress". But when it comes to alternate coin, Airdrop, is referred to as a bonus or financial  incentives (token distribution) offer by the holders of various blockchain cryptocurrency to facilitate the campaign of their project to gain more audience or popularity in media. these can be done through creating contents about the goals such project tends to achieves that is of great benefit to the people and the global economy.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
nata1602

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

airdrop is a free tokens giveaway for some activities (different for every project)
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:13:30 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:39:24 AM by shi07

Airdrop is an event in cryptoworld that means a certain token is being given to crypto users for project promotion. In return, the participant will make a ceratin task in exchange for the airdrop for the benefit of the project.
angjosh

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:12:58 AM

The distribution of coins (tokens) to early adopters FOR FREE.. Cool
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:48:30 AM

Airdrop is a free token that promotes their project by doing a simple task. Airdrop can be profitable and sometimes it is just for collections. They are doing airdrops because they want to make a face into the community. It is a marketing strategy that can attract people to invest in the project that is made by developers. Just be careful because some of it are scam and it will just take your time doing their task.
alfian123

Activity: 227

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:13 AM

I know what airdrop is, but I do not know how to explain it.
to my knowledge only coins free. hehehe  Grin

|     KRYPTOBITS      |   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
Telegram   Reddit   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Youtube   LinkedIn
Pre ICO start on May 17 th 2018     [     ONE PAGER     ]
lucretiareaves

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:56:48 AM

Actually, I think most of them are rubbish. Of course not all
#dhabitamartha

Activity: 673

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:01:00 AM

airdrop? maybe a gift given to people or groups when it works well and true and it will be delegated with many people it may be my understanding
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:09:26 AM

Airdrop is a way by which dev of coins or tokens attract more and more people, users or investor by giving them their coins or tokens for free. And expand their community and it is just a really good marketing strategy. It's actually a symbiotic relationship between the dev and the people as the dev is getting profit as his project might gain attention and popularity where as people get free coins. What more can we ask for. Grin
Well put. These are my thoughts exactly. Initially, I was hesitant about joining airdrops in this forum due to the plethora of scam cases that I had been hearing about on a regular basis, but decided to try my luck just in case. It was totally worth it at the end of the day and I earned huge profits which is why I feel that airdrops do indeed benefit both the developers who are giving them away as well as the people who are receiving them. We must be cautious though and not give away our private keys and not download phishy wallets.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Encoded

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 06:13:58 AM

airdrop is  it is free token for all if you apply on their airdrop form sir, then a few days later you will recieve your token  that you sign the form
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 10:52:12 PM

Altcoin airdrop is like token giveaways.
Just join their community, then you will get tokens from them.
Just follow the step by step procedure on how to join and you're ready to go.
Its the easiest way to earn token here in bitcoin.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 10:53:37 PM

its just free coins giveaway they do it to make there coin more famous and bring mroe people and its a good opportinity to make free money

Free palestine
KKH84

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:14:28 PM

airdrop I think is the token free, such as rain down from the Sky but now many airdrop asking contribution and I am not sure with it, whether to success in the market later.
delarossa

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

MINTER

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:42:52 PM

The airdrop is a free token or coin giveaway session usually held by a particular project before they hold an ICO session. The goal is to better introduce their projects to people by giving a small reward to those who join their projects for free.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Exforgant

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:56:49 AM

In very simple words, the method of giving away free coins based on some predefined conditions is known as Airdrop. The main goal of Airdrop is to disperse the tokens by granting them to the existing holders of a specific blockchain currency, for example, Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:01:16 AM

This is when a project gives away their coin for free. Some  projects organizes both icos and airdrop, while some organizes only airdrop.
pey

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

Free Crypto in Stake.com Telegram t.me/StakeCasino

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:27:38 AM

Airdrop is the new way for newbies to get some free coins, airdrops especially made by new projects which usually can't attract investors. Mostly you end up with a useless coins in the wallet.

Darknight31

Activity: 209

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:50:08 AM

Altcoin airdrop is defined as the process where by crypto currencies ebterprise distributes cryptocurrency token for free. The reason behind this is for rewarding their loyal customers. That's all.
R3ffun

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:53:49 AM

I really hope for Altcoin from Airdrop is Ethereum. because I'm sure that Airdrop using this coin will be great with lots of enthusiasts and lots of lists on this Airdrop. with Ethereal's development potential high enough to make a profit high enough for the future.
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:05:26 AM

Altcoin airdrop is a free acquired alts when you participated in a certain airdrop of an ICO and it can possible be sent by someone to you. It is like free coins for you.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
maiden

Activity: 457

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:57:27 PM

Why you call them beggars? You dnt have the right to call them like that.  Its not bad to claim something free but like what others said, some airdrops is totally a trash! It has no value like real altcoins. Such a waste of time

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: