Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:19:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is altcoin airdrop ?  (Read 1542 times)
cryptoenterprise

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:17:41 AM

Airdrop is when some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects.
skullsandbones

Activity: 222
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:19:49 AM

You could say Airdop is giving coins to potential users and a service can gain more value if the people use it.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

Hey guys what is it altcoin airdrop? I tried to google it but didnt find anything fulfilling

Do not search for "altcoin airdrop" through Google. If you also type in the word airdrop alone, what comes out is the airdrop that is relation to Apple Mac. So I advice you to input Cryptocurrency Airdrop or simply crypto airdrop. I guess that would be good enough for Google to show you the exact pages.

yeah, i also search the word airdrop on google before but the results are mostly apple or iphones application which was also called airdrop lol. by the way @op airdrop means free giveaway of tokens/coins from an ico. most airdrops are free but there are some that requires you to pay a specific amount or donation to avoid spam and multiple claims for some people. although most tokens/coins from the airdrop are useless and do not have a real value.
Icaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:43:38 AM

Airdrop is literally what the word means: coins dropping from up above Tongue

Some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects. When you get a coin you'll likely look into it and maybe end up buying more.

Maybe end up buying more. Maybe some people do that but for me, i got airdrop and if there is a market then i will sell it all without no left.
I think better do that than buying more.
tyronecoinbit

Activity: 359

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

Airdrop is literally what the word means: coins dropping from up above Tongue

Some projects decide to give out coins to users to spread awareness and promote their projects. When you get a coin you'll likely look into it and maybe end up buying more.

Maybe end up buying more. Maybe some people do that but for me, i got airdrop and if there is a market then i will sell it all without no left.
I think better do that than buying more.

But of course before selling it all in the market, you have yk make sure that the price is right. Maybe you'll regret in the future because you sell it in a low price. You have to apply patience. Holding it for long will give you big amount of profit. It doesn't mean it's in the market, you'll sell it right away. Wait for the right time.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 01:42:57 AM

Airdrop is free coins given by a project team free of charge just by filling a form and getting their wallet. Is a marketing strategy for most project willing to distribute their coins .
naitik01

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 12:27:11 PM

Altcoin airdrop are free coin given by developers for exposure purposes.Do you know that there are some crypto coins that are doing airdrops to owners of Bitcoin? This means that if you are holding BTC in a wallet that allows.you can get free money in the form of crypto coins. Transaction from a Bitcoin wallet is fine as confirmation, but if they ask for a private key or wallet file or some sensitive data like that, then just avoid them!.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:16:28 AM

Airdrop is a way by which dev of coins or tokens attract more and more people, users or investor by giving them their coins or tokens for free. And expand their community and it is just a really good marketing strategy. It's actually a symbiotic relationship between the dev and the people as the dev is getting profit as his project might gain attention and popularity where as people get free coins. What more can we ask for. Grin
DrYM

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:22:58 AM

I just have to say, I also posted this in another thread, I used to use Airdropalert.com and they made a change now where they removed how old the airdrop is and messed up the entire order of the airdrops in their list, the change is simply terrible. I really hope they'll change it back soon, the site is barely usable like that.
decryptionary

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2017, 06:25:20 AM

All of the earlier entries look correct. But if you want to check it out, I've got airdrop defined in my dictionary at

https://decryptionary.com/dictionary/airdrop/
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:44:13 AM

Most airdrop coins are scam to be honest. There are no real development or real world use case for the coin. I would say don't go for the airdrop just because they are free. I suspect most use it to mine for personal data or email.

cryptodaemon

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:39:30 PM

the electronic dollar dev team is proposing airdrop based on mining only without any operation.  there is also a bounty program for who is joining the development phase. perhaps i'm completely wrong , but I think this is a sign of i fair and honest intent.

https://edollar.cash/
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:12:43 AM

as I know, airdrop is a free coin distributed by ico project. but I still hesitate and do not understand, what exactly is the purpose of the airdrop? Anyone knows?

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 12:28:00 AM

Airdrop literally can be said to be "fall from above with out stress". But when it comes to alternate coin, Airdrop, is referred to as a bonus or financial  incentives (token distribution) offer by the holders of various blockchain cryptocurrency to facilitate the campaign of their project to gain more audience or popularity in media. these can be done through creating contents about the goals such project tends to achieves that is of great benefit to the people and the global economy.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
nata1602

Activity: 190

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:40:21 AM

airdrop is a free tokens giveaway for some activities (different for every project)
shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:13:30 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:39:24 AM by shi07

Airdrop is an event in cryptoworld that means a certain token is being given to crypto users for project promotion. In return, the participant will make a ceratin task in exchange for the airdrop for the benefit of the project.
angjosh

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:12:58 AM

The distribution of coins (tokens) to early adopters FOR FREE.. Cool
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2018, 05:48:30 AM

Hey guys what is it altcoin airdrop? I tried to google it but didnt find anything fulfilling

Airdrop is a free token that promotes their project by doing a simple task. Airdrop can be profitable and sometimes it is just for collections. They are doing airdrops because they want to make a face into the community. It is a marketing strategy that can attract people to invest in the project that is made by developers. Just be careful because some of it are scam and it will just take your time doing their task.
alfian123

Activity: 227

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:54:13 AM

I know what airdrop is, but I do not know how to explain it.
to my knowledge only coins free. hehehe  Grin

|     KRYPTOBITS      |   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
Telegram   Reddit   Medium   Twitter   Facebook   Youtube   LinkedIn
Pre ICO start on May 17 th 2018     [     ONE PAGER     ]
lucretiareaves

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:56:48 AM

Actually, I think most of them are rubbish. Of course not all
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print