Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy Grail BOUNTY  (Read 36288 times)
solidaria

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:06:52 AM

Sure - it may be frustrating to wait for tasks to be finished but are you willing to do something (other than complain)?

I do hope that you understand that I do not get any benefit from hosting Moneychanger or Xenland's project on CIYAM Open (they are fee free forever).
I am more interested in helping interesting ideas and projects than making money.

I work every day on CIYAM for *nothing* and have been doing so for years.

If others don't do this I don't blame them (you do need to pay bills in the real world) and the entire point of CIYAM Open is to create a place where developers can earn money for their contributions to open source projects that people want to support.

<3 u're an example. This is the spirit! I'm with you.
People who can't understand this should stop criticism and what they can do for helping!

So your status update is ... you haven't done much of anything? Thnx for keeping us in the loop.
Transparency and information is always good, and his doing his job.

Now please stop spamming and going offtopic, cause this post is important and already big. People who come here already have many things to read, don't waste their/our time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:39:11 AM

For status updates I've told the OT team that I would take a week long break, it has now gone on to 1.5 weeks because I got hired into a huge option that will fund my career and pays now, with the OT taskes I get paid when I'm finished and at the rate I can gather responses from the OT team (at the rate I can collect enough information to code more basically) -- they are hard at work its difficult to get a straight answer which is nothing new in the programming world so nobody skwak at them because of that reason.  I expect the delay to go on for the rest of the month based on my current rate of work over work load ratio at my recently more higher paying gig. The MC app will get finished but we are running at the most appropriate rate possible to get it done(as cyiam as put it clearly he knows best about these work/task related issues more then anyone i know if you ask me). The amount of Bitcoins the tasks have been assigned I feel are appropriate too, however if you want it done faster with the same quailty you have to pay more.
 It costs money/resources/energy/management/food/water to program you know.

Cheesy
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

For status updates I've told the OT team that I would take a week long break, it has now gone on to 1.5 weeks because I got hired into a huge option that will fund my career and pays now, with the OT taskes I get paid when I'm finished and at the rate I can gather responses from the OT team (at the rate I can collect enough information to code more basically) -- they are hard at work its difficult to get a straight answer which is nothing new in the programming world so nobody skwak at them because of that reason.  I expect the delay to go on for the rest of the month based on my current rate of work over work load ratio at my recently more higher paying gig. The MC app will get finished but we are running at the most appropriate rate possible to get it done(as cyiam as put it clearly he knows best about these work/task related issues more then anyone i know if you ask me). The amount of Bitcoins the tasks have been assigned I feel are appropriate too, however if you want it done faster with the same quailty you have to pay more.
 It costs money/resources/energy/management/food/water to program you know.

Cheesy

... or you may have been the wrong guy for the job in the first place.

JaSK

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:04:54 AM

marcus_of_augustus, if you want someone with more free time on his hands to code it, you'll have to do it yourself or add to the bounty until you attract more programmers or until it pays enough to work on the project full time.
the only thing that's not going to help is bitching.

btw as you can see on github, I started coding (not related to your bitching though!).
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:28:28 AM

Indeed - only *two* people have even put in bids to do any of the tasks and of course those bids were created by the *only* two people that are working on any of the tasks listed on CIYAM Open.

So if you think that they shouldn't be working on the tasks then there would be ZERO people working on them instead.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:41:06 AM

marcus_of_augustus, if you want someone with more free time on his hands to code it, you'll have to do it yourself or add to the bounty until you attract more programmers or until it pays enough to work on the project full time.

btw as you can see on github, I started coding (not related to your bitching though!).

You might see it as bitching ... but recall it is an open source project (many are done by unpaid volunteers remember) now we have a guy who is questionably not even up to the task (learning the trade ok I get that) claiming the bounty, starting the project and then now basically holding it to ransom asking for more money to get the job finished ... let's just make sure everyone is operating in good faith and above board before you throw around accusations about bitching, not coughing up enough, etc etc shall we?

If coders actually had the chops to get it done and put up the goods before talking all big about it I might show a little more respect ... at this stage it is looking like a very poor show and I feel sorry for the people who stumped up to put money into the bounty pots.

I guess I was just expecting a little bit more integrity from open source coders .... my failing there I suppose, bounty mercenaries seems to be the way around here these days. Sure, why not shop it out to a software house and get it done properly at least then?

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 11:46:25 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 12:03:22 PM by CIYAM Open

I guess I was just expecting a little bit more integrity from open source coders .... my failing there I suppose, bounty mercenaries seems to be the way around here these days. Sure, why not shop it out to a software house and get it done properly at least then?

Seriously how much work do you think you are going to get for 75 BTC at a proper "software house" (at the rates I normally charge you would get less than 40 hours for that amount - and although I am very competent I don't believe that I could possibly complete all those tasks in that amount of time)?

And if you think it should be outsourced to some even less skilled people (like many on freelancer.com) then I think your chances of even getting a working solution are remote.

Also in regards to inexperience I am happy to help out with any C++ questions from either contributor (and I have been writing C++ professionally since the mid-90's).

One further thing to understand is that FellowTraveller can "Reject" the tasks being currently performed by any contributor (on the grounds that they are overdue) - yet I think he understands that if he did that now then NO-ONE will do them (as I wrote before - Xenland and JaSK are the only two to even bid on *any* of the Moneychanger tasks on CIYAM Open).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 05:42:31 PM

I want to do the Namecoin integration, since I've already written similar code (although probably on a smaller scale) to integrate Namecoin into Bitmessage, a home-grown Mozilla add-on (see https://nameid.org/ for its purpose) and am working right now on Namecoin integration to the Pidgin OTR plugin.  Thus this seems like a good fit.

I tried to register an account at CIYAM open with my GPG key at http://www.domob.eu/domob.asc and the site claims to have sent an email to me, but I didn't receive it (also not in spam folder or so).  What can I do to fix this?  (I also tried OpenID login with https://nameid.org/, but this also does not work.)

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
JaSK

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:04:08 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 06:41:22 PM by JaSK

We're not holding anything for ransom.
We don't get the coins until we finish a task and anyone is free to join the project and do it himself.

domob, I received my encrypted email when I registered but you can also change the address to https:// which will allow you to register without PGP key.
Edit:
What is your Namecoin-OTR-Plugin going to do?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 02:07:04 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 03:30:43 AM by CIYAM Open

I tried to register an account at CIYAM open with my GPG key at http://www.domob.eu/domob.asc and the site claims to have sent an email to me, but I didn't receive it (also not in spam folder or so).  What can I do to fix this?  (I also tried OpenID login with https://nameid.org/, but this also does not work.)

Okay - I can see the system actually didn't attempt to send you an email as it had problems understanding the output from GPG after it added the key (you should have seen that error first - probably it told you it thought that it had found multiple email addresses). I will look into getting a fix for this done today.

I haven't tried https://nameid.org/ although I have tested gmail and myopenid - I will make a note to look into that. If you could perhaps let me know what error you got using that then I'd appreciate it.

If you would like me to create an account for you manually then welcome to PM me.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:32:27 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2013, 06:02:18 AM by CIYAM Open

@domob - fixed the issue and have now created your account using your GPG key (an email *has* been sent this time) - sorry about the bad sign-up experience but at least you can see the support isn't too bad.

Any further problems please PM me.

domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:59:17 AM

What is your Namecoin-OTR-Plugin going to do?

Sorry for the off-topic reply, but anyway:  It will allow you to verify OTR key fingerprints for contacts.  The idea is that someone can store their fingerprint(s) with a namecoin name, and then they can tell me that name (which is easier than a fingerprint) at an in-person meeting or some other side-channel, and I can just tell OTR to check whether my contact's claimed fingerprint actually matches any one in the name I remember.

@CIYAM:  Thanks, I got the email now.  (But can only log in later, since I'm not at my home computer now and don't have the GPG private key here.)  If HTTPS can be used and doesn't require GPG, why isn't it used by default?  (Although I have to admit that I like the idea of GPG encrypted credentials.)  And yes, at first I copied my key with some blanks / newlines at the end, which caused an error about the CRC being wrong.

When I tried signing in with https://nameid.org/ as OpenID, basically nothing happened (no error, I was just shown again the form asking for the OpenID, with the input field reset).  Some other providers also have problems with this site (Sourceforge and the Bitmessage forum are the ones I know about) while StackExchange for instance works fine, as do the http://test-id.org/ tests.  I have to admit I don't know what the problem is (or if I can fix it), I'm using the php-openid library for the OpenID related stuff.

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 06:26:52 AM

PM sent.

Am sure that FT will be happy to have another forum member interested in working on the project!

killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 12:20:58 PM

So if you think that they shouldn't be working on the tasks then there would be ZERO people working on them instead.

Well, the idea is that if tasks are available for grabs, other people can grab them.

Particularly, as I mentioned I'm interested in colored coin part because I'm already working on a library works with colored coins.

Here's one in Python: https://github.com/bitcoinx/ccoin-agent-py (incomplete), but I think it's worth doing another one in C++ for this project.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 12:23:50 PM

Well, the idea is that if tasks are available for grabs, other people can grab them.

Indeed - there are already tasks available for grabs but no-one has expressed any interest in them (other than now the Namecoin one).

JaSK

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 03:26:43 PM

I'm currently working on Bitcoin integration and will do Bitmessage next so I wouldn't mind if anyone does namecoin and colored coins in the meantime.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 10:19:42 PM

Any chance most of this can be done, or workable, by the end of September? I'd be nice to have a public demo of the system at the Amsterdam conference, since it would give Chris a chance to actually explain the system and answer questions for those still having trouble wrapping their heads around this thing. Also, deadlines are good Cheesy
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 11:35:10 PM

Any chance most of this can be done, or workable, by the end of September? I'd be nice to have a public demo of the system at the Amsterdam conference, since it would give Chris a chance to actually explain the system and answer questions for those still having trouble wrapping their heads around this thing. Also, deadlines are good Cheesy

There are some new websites up that might help ... the wiki was kind of, shall we say impenetrable, for many it seems.

http://opentransactions.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

http://opentransactions.org/forum/

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:57:16 AM

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35npu6/

I can't stress this enough people......
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 12:26:29 PM

It seems the Namecoin task on CIYAM open needs a "review" in order for me to mark my intention to work on it.  Looking forward to help out here, though! Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: