Bitcoin Forum
July 19, 2024, 04:48:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins in my multibit balance but not available to spend  (Read 1105 times)
NSB (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:38:07 AM

hello, I made a transfer from 7 bitcoin mtgox my bit multi portfolio, however, even if in my bitcoin balance there are, they are not available "to spend." I specified that I did a transfer from mtgox without paying the transfer tax (they say it takes longer when you do not pay a transaction fee) then I would know if someone already done this kind of transaction since mtgox without pay 0.0001 of transaction costs, and if so, how long it took for the bitcoin happens to your portfolio. thank you in advance for that or those that meet me
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 4737

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:30:13 PM

hello, I made a transfer from 7 bitcoin mtgox my bit multi portfolio, however, even if in my bitcoin balance there are, they are not available "to spend." I specified that I did a transfer from mtgox without paying the transfer tax (they say it takes longer when you do not pay a transaction fee) then I would know if someone already done this kind of transaction since mtgox without pay 0.0001 of transaction costs, and if so, how long it took for the bitcoin happens to your portfolio. thank you in advance for that or those that meet me

Translation attempt:

Hello, I sent 7 bitcoins from MtGox to my MultiBit wallet.  My MultiBit wallet displays the 7 bitcoins in my balance but they are not yet included in the "available to spend" amount.  When I withdrew the bitcoins from MtGox, I chose not to pay the transaction fee (MtGox warned me that the transaction might take longer without the fee).  Have any of you withdrawn bitcoins from MtGox without paying the 0.0001 bitcoin transaction fee?  If so, how long did it take until your transaction received it's first confirmation?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Response:

It is difficult to predict how long it will take.  It depends on the size of the transaction (in kilobytes), the age of the inputs MtGox used, the total number of unconfirmed transactions on the bitcoin network that have a higher priority than the transaction you are waiting for, and how lucky the miners are.

As a reasonable guess, I'd say it will probably take more than 10 minutes and less than 3 days.
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:35:41 PM

Yes, you should have paid the fee if you wanted to get them fast(er).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: