Bitcoin Forum
July 17, 2024, 08:26:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there room for multiple blockchains in the long run ?  (Read 221 times)
croTek4 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:30:52 AM

Hello there !

I was wondering about the amount of blockchain there is on the market: there is more than 500 cryptocurrencies on the market, and we all know it: some of theses are gonna fall. My question is: do you guys think that, in the long run (2+ year horizon), we will have more than one "big" blockchain such as Bitcoin ?
Why would we need more than one blockchain, when Ethereum can accomplish so many things on its own ? To me, there won't be more than 10 significant blockchains; 20, tops.

Tell me what you think Smiley

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
davis196

Activity: 3038
Merit: 918

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:20:54 AM

Hello there !

I was wondering about the amount of blockchain there is on the market: there is more than 500 cryptocurrencies on the market, and we all know it: some of theses are gonna fall. My question is: do you guys think that, in the long run (2+ year horizon), we will have more than one "big" blockchain such as Bitcoin ?
Why would we need more than one blockchain, when Ethereum can accomplish so many things on its own ? To me, there won't be more than 10 significant blockchains; 20, tops.

Tell me what you think Smiley

Why do you care about this?I don`t care if there are 2 or 20 blockchains.Maybe the more blockchains the better,because this would create some competition and the most efficient and secure blockchain will handle most of the transactions.Anyway,i don`t think that the bitcoin core blockchain domination will be challenged. 

croTek4 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

the Cat-a-clysm.

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:48:45 AM

Therés a lot differences between 2 and 20 blockchain, really... it just comes down to market shares, it's not healthy for the market to be concentrated at the same place, thàts why I'm concerned.. ^^

Plus, it would be way harder to invest in such a plagued market.

To me, there's a good diversification of the market theses days, I am just hoping for it to keep going like that. I find it convenient to have different block chains, depending on which are your hopes and expectations, and uses, of course.

Plus, it could lead to specialization, like, some block chains will be way more efficient at handling certain types of trafic, and that would settle the market shares Smiley

Catether is an open source mineable ERC20 Token, powered by Cates.
7jaka7

Activity: 628
Merit: 276

BTC, ETH, XMR, LTC

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:03:38 AM

IMO multiple blockchains must exist in order to work good. We have many forms of assets (cash, gold, food, house, precious stones, diamonds, silver...) Every asset is giving us different things. I would say that bitcoin will really work like digital gold, while for everyday payment we will use altcoins. We can say that even scaleability problem is solved with multiple blockchains. And after all DECENTRALIZATION is one of the main parts of cryptocurrencies. So why would we all use one blockchain which makes everything a bit more centralized.

SECURE YOUR CRYPTO ASSETS | GET SOME FREE SATOSHI'S | TRADE ON BINANCE 
Disclaimer: All links are affiliate/refferal! Thank you for using them! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: