Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:30:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: what do you think about the pre mining of bitcoin gold?  (Read 466 times)
kernighan (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:46:47 AM

Moral or not?

I believe there is only one engineer to do the actual work from github site.
derminator

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:21:34 AM

I think 16000 blocks pre mining  is a little too much for such a fork.
16000 blocks * 12.5 coins = 200 000 coins. With an estimate value/coin of 300$, this means about 200,000 *300= 60 millions $.  This is definitely too much.
But in general what is the difference to Satoshi Nakamoto and Vitalik Buterin or any other coin founder. I think they earnt a lot at the beginning with mining. The BTG is already known and therefore the mining is very difficult under normal conditions. That is the only chance that developer
profits from the new coin.
Kkaos

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:26:20 AM

I think the future value of bitcoin gold will tell us exactly what the people think of it.  Grin
bummm

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:34:29 AM

Just next scam coin!
It will die after few months of some profit for all BTC holders!
But I tired of all this bitcoin hardforks (
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:35:01 AM

Now the altcoins market is Packed with offers. Looking for investors for the development of new projects difficult. I do not believe in the prospects of bitcoin gold. Why invest in a new project if we have bitcoin and bitcoin cash. The ability of investors to invest in a large number of coins is also limited.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:12:01 PM

that is ridiculous and if they really go through with the premine they will ruin the project themselves. i could see some potential in BTG because of its mining and because it was from bitcoin and there were no fight. it could have been a clean fork creating a nice thing for "GPU miners" to join and mine but having a HUGE amount of premine is really shouting shady behavior.
yesterday i saw them try and justify this premined crap but it really doesn't make any sense.

i say it now, the developer only wants to make money from this. it may go up in price even like how ETH did with its premine but it won't be any better. it will always be a useless fork to pump and dump it.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
bundo

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:32:27 PM

Just next scam coin!
With a quick profit they also quickly lose, I think they are looking for profits with the position and high bitcoin prices
And what will eventually be the scams
MatrixMining

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:32:06 PM

I think that by premining so many coins they basically disqualified themselves from being taken seriously.
Most people now think it's a scam and they will just want to get rid of it as soon as possible to get some free BTC.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:50:53 PM

I think 16000 blocks pre mining  is a little too much for such a fork.
16000 blocks * 12.5 coins = 200 000 coins. With an estimate value/coin of 300$, this means about 200,000 *300= 60 millions $.  This is definitely too much.
But in general what is the difference to Satoshi Nakamoto and Vitalik Buterin or any other coin founder. I think they earnt a lot at the beginning with mining. The BTG is already known and therefore the mining is very difficult under normal conditions. That is the only chance that developer
profits from the new coin.

I don't think that Bitcoin Gold is going to list at $300 per coin. The valuation may be lower. $300 is the current valuation of Bitcoin Cash, and it is being supported by many of the industry heavyweights. On the other hand, Bitcoin Gold doesn't enjoy such backing, and may be listed at a far lower exchange rate in the crypto-coin exchanges.
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:07:15 PM

i say it now, the developer only wants to make money from this. it may go up in price even like how ETH did with its premine but it won't be any better. it will always be a useless fork to pump and dump it.
It is ok for developers to make money and they should earn and be rewarded for their work, but they seem to be greedy. Instead of making few hundred thousands of dollars or million, they want to become instant multi-milioners...

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
alpsea
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 555

https://refpa28543.top/L?tag=d_286347m_1264c_&site

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:13:33 PM

I wonder and i believe  the future value of bitcoin gold

okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 02:29:35 PM

Moral or not?

No matter what excuse bring them to made that decision, ICOS are always a bad thing, at least IMHO, there is others ways to make money, i'm not saying that they should not be rewarded for his work, but premine is a real bad practice.

...they want to become instant multi-milioners...

lets see whats finally happen, maybe things will not be like they want it to be or like they expected Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Rastadon

Activity: 175

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:34:03 PM

Just next scam coin!
I have the same feel with you, this is ridiculous to see a lot of the forked coin that generated by the mother of crypto just to steal the popularity and some parties can be used it to take their advantages from it.
This is pretty odd.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:45:11 PM

What do you think will be market response to the bitcoingold premined? Do you think people will not want to hold bitcoin again in order to get some of bitcoin gold! One thing that is crystal clear is that market don't care. So far bitcoin gold has value and trader can profit, it will be business as usual!
shinchan888

Activity: 50

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:49:25 PM

How to mine Bitcoin gold?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: