Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitsumo.com - Buy Online With Bitcoins  (Read 26117 times)
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:27:07 PM

Announcement

PayPal seems to haven taken issue with our business model so we will no longer be processing orders for items that require PayPal as the sole payment method; the biggest issue here being Ebay. Stores that have PayPal but allow us to pay via an alternative payment method, such as credit card through a different processor are not a problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Why can't you just use a new completely unrelated paypal account under the identity of a trusted employee or co-owner? Or something. No paypal is really a deal-breaker.

Hey Recat,
   Because from the way PayPal operates, they will eventually just freeze that account and all funds associated for as long as they feel like it. It's not worth the aggravation and will present net losses to our operating reserves.

It was a tough decision but it is the best way to safeguard our operating capital. As you know, we do not rely on customer funds to place orders; if we had an account frozen by PayPal with significant funds in it that would present us with the option of shutting down or operating with customer funds which is very risky and I suspect one of the core reason for the Bitspend fiasco.

It's a decision designed to both safeguard us and our customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Okay, another question, then.

What prevents you from using arbitrary funded credit cards through paypal, but as paypal guest (hence unassociated to an eBay or paypal account) to order all items that require paypal?

This question cuts more into operations matters than I am allowed to get into, but let me say that it's not that easy to get new cards on accounts. Prepaids do not exist in Bolivia (where we are based). We will be exploring all options to get over this issue.

JFYI only about 10% of our transactions are PayPal so this should not be a big deal for most customers.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 10:33:04 PM

Announcement

PayPal seems to haven taken issue with our business model so we will no longer be processing orders for items that require PayPal as the sole payment method; the biggest issue here being Ebay. Stores that have PayPal but allow us to pay via an alternative payment method, such as credit card through a different processor are not a problem.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Pablo.

Why can't you just use a new completely unrelated paypal account under the identity of a trusted employee or co-owner? Or something. No paypal is really a deal-breaker.

Hey Recat,
   Because from the way PayPal operates, they will eventually just freeze that account and all funds associated for as long as they feel like it. It's not worth the aggravation and will present net losses to our operating reserves.

It was a tough decision but it is the best way to safeguard our operating capital. As you know, we do not rely on customer funds to place orders; if we had an account frozen by PayPal with significant funds in it that would present us with the option of shutting down or operating with customer funds which is very risky and I suspect one of the core reason for the Bitspend fiasco.

It's a decision designed to both safeguard us and our customers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Okay, another question, then.

What prevents you from using arbitrary funded credit cards through paypal, but as paypal guest (hence unassociated to an eBay or paypal account) to order all items that require paypal?

This question cuts more into operations matters than I am allowed to get into, but let me say that it's not that easy to get new cards on accounts. Prepaids do not exist in Bolivia (where we are based). We will be exploring all options to get over this issue.

JFYI only about 10% of our transactions are PayPal so this should not be a big deal for most customers.

Pablo.

Oh, alright.

I just have noticed that I've had success ordering on eBay as a PayPal guest, even if my eBay account is linked to the PayPal that is linked to the credit card that I used.

So, It seems to me that just logging out and using it as a guest, even if it's the same credit card, works just fine. It's just that you can't track items as good as you could otherwise. (you can't check the Purchased Items list since there's no account to look at)

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:47:21 PM

Ordered some snowboarding stuff from amazon using Bitsumo, excellent service, would use again!

Only issue I had was: the first store I attempted to use wouldn't accept foreign payment (from bitsumo) to my UK address. Can't do much about that right now I guess...

just thought though, maybe the customer could phone the store in advance and give them a heads-up on the transaction, let them know the payments coming from a payment processor and items being delivered elsewhere?
ReCat

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 03:29:37 AM

Can't bitsumo just mark it as a gift and provide the ship to address?

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2014, 06:19:36 PM

Ordered some snowboarding stuff from amazon using Bitsumo, excellent service, would use again!

Only issue I had was: the first store I attempted to use wouldn't accept foreign payment (from bitsumo) to my UK address. Can't do much about that right now I guess...

just thought though, maybe the customer could phone the store in advance and give them a heads-up on the transaction, let them know the payments coming from a payment processor and items being delivered elsewhere?

Some foreign stores refuse to take U.S. payment methods and to ship those products anywhere other than the U.S., others take the payment method and freeze the orders for weeks on end so we have a list of stores where we know transactions will fail and go through internationally. We generally encourage customers abroad to stick with regional Amazon stores as those are never a problem but we have ordered stuff from a bunch of foreign stores for shipping abroad as well.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 12:29:51 PM

Just placed an order last night, waiting on the payment address (:

Pretty excited to see how this works out.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:17:58 PM

Just placed an order last night, waiting on the payment address (:

Pretty excited to see how this works out.

Hi Dev Smiley,
   We were having some connectivity issues and I am just now catching up with orders, please expect your pricing within 24 hours and please accept my apologies for the delay Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
dave00

Activity: 353

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

A fast question, the service is only usa-usa or it can be also usa-eu eu-eu?
I do not want bad surprises you know  Grin

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 07:08:00 PM

A fast question, the service is only usa-usa or it can be also usa-eu eu-eu?
I do not want bad surprises you know  Grin

Hey Dave Smiley,
  We don't do reshipping, just FYI. As long as the store you are ordering from accepts U.S. credit cards and will ship to wherever you are, we are good to go.

A lot of foreign stores will not do this, so we are likely to tell you so in the pre-ordering process. If you want to ship something from the U.S. abroad it's best to sign up with a reshipping company.

Amazon and it's regional stores are always great and never present any problems Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
dave00

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:43:49 PM

Well i will try and let's see what happens Cheesy

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
dave00

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:50:48 PM

My gmail address is displayed as non valid when i try to order  Huh

To the moon!!! ┗(°0°)┛
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

My gmail address is displayed as non valid when i try to order  Huh

Hey Dave Smiley,
  That is a browser specific issue; please try a different browser and you should be all set Smiley.

O apologize for the inconvenience Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 06:41:28 PM

Ebay Is Back!!!!

I would like to let everyone know we are again taking Ebay orders on a trial basis, please feel free to submit htose and we will be happy to take care of them same day Smiley.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:15:48 PM

Hey Guys Smiley,
   Haven't posted in a while (sorry), been quite busy with orders but I will try to carve out more time for the thread starting now.

I just want to let everyone know we are placing a blanket ban on orders from Chinese sites. There has been a disproportionate amount of fraud going on there and it's caused me a lot of grief so I think it's just better to avoid these sites in future. Unfortunately, a couple of bad apples tend to ruin it for everyone.

I hope everyone is having a great day Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 03:10:22 AM

Hey Guys Smiley,
   Haven't posted in a while (sorry), been quite busy with orders but I will try to carve out more time for the thread starting now.

I just want to let everyone know we are placing a blanket ban on orders from Chinese sites. There has been a disproportionate amount of fraud going on there and it's caused me a lot of grief so I think it's just better to avoid these sites in future. Unfortunately, a couple of bad apples tend to ruin it for everyone.

Pablo.

What constitutes as chinese sites? So aliexpress, alibaba, etc are all out of question?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

Hey Guys Smiley,

Pablo.

What constitutes as chinese sites? So aliexpress, alibaba, etc are all out of question?

Hi Smiley,
  Yes, correct. Any site based in China or whose payment processor is Chinese.

It was a hard choice but there is an exorbitant amount of risk and fraud in transacting here and discrimating the good ones from the bad ones goes down to splitting hairs unfortunately.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Gladdy

Activity: 318

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 04:10:24 PM

It will be great if you can accept chinese payment method and it help with the grow of bitcoin as well .
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 04:23:58 PM

It will be great if you can accept chinese payment method and it help with the grow of bitcoin as well .

Yep, I agree, unfortunately the fraud risk is too high. It's a tough call cause we do a lot of business with those sites but I think it's a necessary call to maintain us as a viable site.

Hope that answers your questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:50:07 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 07:03:42 PM by fible1

Announcement

Hey Guys Smiley,
    Just want to let our customers know that our two main cards got cloned. No money has been lost and all orders that have been confirmed will ship out as normal.

We will unfortunately not be able to place new orders that require credit card payments (PayPal is still fine) until around Friday this week. I will let everyone know when the new cards arrive and we are ready to take credit card orders again.

If you look at our thread this has happened a couple of times before (a consequence of placing orders at a large number of sites with varying degrees of security). Everything is under control and we will be back up ASAP.

No customer funds are being held or affected in any way.

Please post or email me at support@bitsumo.com if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:17:34 AM

Announcement

Hey Guys Smiley,
    Just want to let our customers know that our two main cards got cloned. No money has been lost and all orders that have been confirmed will ship out as normal.

We will unfortunately not be able to place new orders that require credit card payments (PayPal is still fine) until around Friday this week. I will let everyone know when the new cards arrive and we are ready to take credit card orders again.

If you look at our thread this has happened a couple of times before (a consequence of placing orders at a large number of sites with varying degrees of security). Everything is under control and we will be back up ASAP.

No customer funds are being held or affected in any way.

Please post or email me at support@bitsumo.com if you have any questions.

Pablo.

WOOT! Our replacement cards have arrived!

We are ready for credit card orders again, apologies on the 4 day hiatus.

If anyone needs anything, I'm here.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: