Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:25:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC passes $5,000 USD milestone  (Read 2562 times)
kshea1241 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:07:03 PM

Any theories on what caused the sudden spike in price? Do you think the price will hold over the next few weeks? Any speculations for the future?

Big day for BTC, I remember reading threads in 2015 about how "one day BTC will be over 5k USD"... today's that day
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A1exander

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:14:36 PM

Any theories on what caused the sudden spike in price? Do you think the price will hold over the next few weeks? Any speculations for the future?

One theory is that people are buying BTC to hold them for a couple of weeks and to get the upcoming Bitcoin Gold.
wishingwell

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:15:30 PM

I think it has to do with the upcoming fork, you will get bitcoin gold and also a possible fork in November.
Anwar22

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:17:48 PM

Big day for BTC, I remember reading threads in 2015 about how "one day BTC will be over 5k USD"... today's that day

Yes i very happy to this price of bitcoin. I always used to think bitcoin price when will over 5k USD. Really i am very exciting to this price. I think bitcoin price also increase next week. When it's price (10k-13k) USD i buy a house.
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:21:34 PM

Unless another event like the issue of the China banning bitcoin from there country, I think bitcoin will continue to grow up though not necessarily rise up quickly, it may go down a little but the growth rate will be much greater. This is because they are holding bitcoins and this causes the price to go up since the supply or the number of bitcoin will be hold up o every users who wish. Then as the price goes up more and more people will be encouraged to hold bitcoin. Thus, continuing the growth of bitcoin.
OliverHall

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:23:54 PM

Well... It's getting more and more difficult for a beginner like me to get in the bitcoin world...
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:26:47 PM

congratulations to all bitcoin holders this is something to celebrate but I'm thinking people are buying bitcoin because of the coming fork, where holders will receive the same amount of the new bitcoin fork once the fork start this could be the reason why they are buying more bitcoin

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:27:11 PM

Quite possibly due to the two upcoming forks in the future. People thinking that they're getting "free money". Possibly people who missed the free bitcoincash months ago.

Well... It's getting more and more difficult for a beginner like me to get in the bitcoin world...
Why so? What does price have to do with the knowledge you can gain by studying cryptocurrencies? If you're talking about investing, then it's just gonna get harder and harder to buy cheap bitcoin if you continue waiting.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:28:59 PM

congratulations to all bitcoin holders this is something to celebrate but I'm thinking people are buying bitcoin because of the coming fork, where holders will receive the same amount of the new bitcoin fork once the fork start this could be the reason why they are buying more bitcoin

That's true but only one fork will actually be the winner. both might survive but one will be the true victor and be worth more than the other. and the uncertainty of the new fork will cause prices to shoot down during the first 2 weeks
maryanti

Activity: 500
Merit: 250

BountyMarketcap

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:31:45 PM

Yes that day has come and has reached its peak of $ 5000.
Bitcoin prices that I think are very high. This is good news for those who hold Bitcoin in the last week ..

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:38:45 PM

Now, the next milestone is $8k, I guess if there will be no bitcoin bubble explosion, we could have $8k, $10k, $12 by next year. Smiley I believe at 2020 we will have $20000. If God would bless me and give me 1BTC that time, then I would have a 1 million currency in my country Smiley

Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:39:23 PM

Yeah and I think it would continue to grow,
There is a coming hard fork and everyone is trying to hold their btc to gain bitcoingold ,
And I think after that bitcoin would bitcoin would be pump for a while before it drops down again.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:43:39 PM

The Impending Hard Fork had force the value to rise up because right now the effect of a Hard Fork for them is an opportunity to get more in the future and because of the free coins that we might get with bitcoin gold that the buying is more irrelevant right now, buy and hodl they say!
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:44:42 PM

Now, the next milestone is $8k, I guess if there will be no bitcoin bubble explosion, we could have $8k, $10k, $12 by next year. Smiley I believe at 2020 we will have $20000. If God would bless me and give me 1BTC that time, then I would have a 1 million currency in my country Smiley

More than hopeful though. Hard forks aren't guaranteed to be good for Bitcoin just because it was beneficial last time doesn't mean it's going to be this time and people should be wary of what a hard fork can do.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:49:27 PM

Quite possibly due to the two upcoming forks in the future. People thinking that they're getting "free money". Possibly people who missed the free bitcoincash months ago.
Yep. That's all to it. Free bitcoins from those altcoins.

Why so? What does price have to do with the knowledge you can gain by studying cryptocurrencies? If you're talking about investing, then it's just gonna get harder and harder to buy cheap bitcoin if you continue waiting.
Also, every successful bitcoiner out there who earns quiet amount of bitcoin had been a beginner also like me. I dedicate some of my time learning then I came to know methods to earn bitcoins which really helps me a lot.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:49:35 PM

I can't think of any other reason besides the upcoming hardfork. People are selling altcoins and buying bitcoins so as to get free money. This is truly remarkable. The most awaited part of every btc holder. For those who were skeptical about that "over 5k" remark, then its time to believe. Its not coming, it is here.
GideonGono

Activity: 2016
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:51:21 PM

If it is buying for the bitcoingold fork then we still won't see a large drop as I don't expect them to cash out real Bitcoin.
People won't since they had witnessed what happened when the Bitcoin Cash fork which the price just continue rising and it doesn't affect the market of the real Bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:52:54 PM

After chinese limits bitcoin the bitcoin price drops. I think there are other people in other countries that would invest for the sake of the currency.
Saezam

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:53:02 PM

Thanks God.. Bitcoin still strong even after China ruin bitcoin price couple weeks ago, luckily I still have faith to hold my remaining coin. I'm so happy now. I hope bitcoin still have room to climb up again.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:54:20 PM

Congratulations to all my bitcoin holder friends.Today is really a big day.As we all expected the bitcoin has crossed the $5000 milestone,am really happy about this.Its really amazing to see such growth even after China banning ICOs.Even though many of them panicked and sold their bitcoins,still the bitcoin managed to cross this great milestone.This is just the beggining,bitcoin's value will keep on rising as it's demand keeps on growing All the best to all the bitcoin miners and holders.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: