Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biostar TB250 OOS, Sold Out  (Read 388 times)
leowonderful (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:22:15 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2017, 10:20:12 AM by leowonderful

Saw this open box deal from Newegg itself and grabbed one, figured you guys might want in on this great deal too.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138449R&ignorebbr=1

It’s a 1151 socket motherboard, B250 and often OOS when restocked. I’m surprised it’s not OOS yet.
In addition, you can pay with BTC for this because Newegg sells it. Very nice Wink Haven’t checked Shoprunner eligibility but pretty sure they won’t offer it on this Mobo.

Generic miner motherboard, 5 x1 slots and one x16. Good enough for most operations, for the x1 simply hook it up to a riser.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM

Nice grab and post. I missed seeing this by a few days and went with the ASUS board for over double the price of this one.  That’s a nice starter board for a medium size rig. Thanks for sharing and hopefully others will jump on this for a solid board with some good opportunities for expansion.
leowonderful (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:45:10 PM

Nice grab and post. I missed seeing this by a few days and went with the ASUS board for over double the price of this one.  That’s a nice starter board for a medium size rig. Thanks for sharing and hopefully others will jump on this for a solid board with some good opportunities for expansion.
Thanks, I completely agree with everything you’ve said and I personally feel there’s no better deal for a miner than this right now. Miles better than anything at this price point because there really isn’t anything near it.
BHTeam

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://www.crypto-coinz.net

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 04:46:58 PM

I am using the TB250 and it is a really solid for mining Equihash with a mix of new NVIDIA and old AMD cards.
I am also checking the profits of all available equihash coins on https://www.crypto-coinz.net

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Crypto-Coinz  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Guides | Calculator | Currency Statsitics | Masternode Calculator | Monitor Creator
▬▬▬▬  HUSH  KMD  ZEC  ZCL  ZER  ZEN  XZC  BSD  BTCZ  SIGT  VOT  ▬▬▬▬
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:04:38 PM

Myself, I usually avoid any open box items as they probably indicate potential issues. PSUs and Motherboards especially, as if someone bought it and tried to get it mining and failed, they might have simply sent it back. Now NewEgg doing a basic testing might now be selling it as Open Box. I think they are only $69 normally, so you saved $19, I wish you the best of luck with it.
leowonderful (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:14:55 PM

Myself, I usually avoid any open box items as they probably indicate potential issues. PSUs and Motherboards especially, as if someone bought it and tried to get it mining and failed, they might have simply sent it back. Now NewEgg doing a basic testing might now be selling it as Open Box. I think they are only $69 normally, so you saved $19, I wish you the best of luck with it.
Newegg does a good job with open box items and I have personally never had any major issues with their open box items. Most of the reviews are just from newbies who don't know how to setup a mining rig properly, and any savings are good when you're mining. 30 days is usually enough to expose any major issues with a motherboard anyways, so I feel the savings are justifiable for an open box item.
Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 06:09:48 AM

Newegg does a good job with open box items and I have personally never had any major issues with their open box items. Most of the reviews are just from newbies who don't know how to setup a mining rig properly, and any savings are good when you're mining. 30 days is usually enough to expose any major issues with a motherboard anyways, so I feel the savings are justifiable for an open box item.

Agreed. I've had plenty of good luck with both open-box items and refurbished items from Newegg, from PSUs to graphics cards to monitors.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Miner4ever

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:40:28 AM

That is very good motherboard, I have a lots of them in my mine.
And especialy for that price. I am far from newegg, but if that offer is in my neightbour I will buy at
least 20 of that motherboards  Smiley
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 10:13:50 AM

And just like that the motherboard was SOLD!

Too bad, that was a good deal. I've been using the same for my rigs for 2 months now and i've had no issues at all. 12-GPU awesomeness and everything is just plug and play (and set mining mode in BIOS). It works well with AMD, NVIDIA, or even a mixed AMD-NVIDIA rig.

Thanks for posting anyway and congrats to the buyer.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
leowonderful (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:19:35 AM

And just like that the motherboard was SOLD!

Too bad, that was a good deal. I've been using the same for my rigs for 2 months now and i've had no issues at all. 12-GPU awesomeness and everything is just plug and play (and set mining mode in BIOS). It works well with AMD, NVIDIA, or even a mixed AMD-NVIDIA rig.

Thanks for posting anyway and congrats to the buyer.
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I will lock the thread now, it is a very nice motherboard despite all the negative reviews on Newegg (probably the worst place for reviews lol). Shame Newegg can't have deals like this all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: