Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens if ICO didn't reach it's MINIMUM CAP?  (Read 743 times)
BitSat

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 03:31:50 PM

usually ICO or developers involved in failed ICO projects will go or extend their campaign periods,
so I'm somewhat hesitant to invest in ICO if the project concept is not good and clear..
But in many cases they try to return and want to do again for better time we have very rare cases when they still try with this fund and have good result because its also depend on devs what they want to do and how they can manage this

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imdada

Activity: 46
Merit: 1

quarkchain.io

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:05:59 AM

Normally, it was stated on company website at FAQ tab.
If it didnt reach the minimum cap, there will be a refund and no tokens or payment for bounty participants.
NikitaSkublov0202

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:08:16 AM

Normally ICO team announce what they'll do if softcap is not reached. Common practiceis to make a refund
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 06:15:44 AM

I would like to be informed on what happens to your investment if ICO didn't reach its minimum capital. As far as I know, ICO will be refunded to its investor. But a particular ICO told me that their project will continue and the coins will still be on exchanges even if didnt hit the minimum cap. Is this true? or is it possible to be a scam? Thank you for your responses

Yes, cases like that sometimes do happen to certain ICOs that didn't reach their minimum cap. The ICO manager might be telling you the right thing, so don't be afraid just wait for them to add the coin to an exchange. What you have to do is to watch their activities and wait patiently.  I am afraid you have no option for now than to believe them sir. Thanks.

HOMT

Powered by,
dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:07:14 AM

Some of the ICO who didn't reach minimum cap wait for another opportunity, or given a spare time to make it up for another ICO but others gave token already to participant only they cannot use it yet because the ICO hold their own for time being and wait until such time that they have enough fund to continue in their project..that's what I've learn or know..

jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:11:43 AM

It all depends on how correctly formed the idea of ​​what will be the result. That is, the project has not collected the required amount, then usually for a normal project, a smart contract returns all collected funds. And those who did not create such a contract, then of course their funds remain on the account and everything, you can forget about them.
jimsteel

Activity: 243
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:37:48 AM

In 99% of cases they return the investments back to the investors. Although I have seen some ICOs stay open for another month if they are close and the community are fine with it.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 235

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:53:11 AM

Usually if they fail spectacularly they return all the investments back to the original owners.

If they are close to their goal they usually stay open just to reach it and the investors agree to it.
easemypain

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 11:13:42 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 05:31:51 PM by easemypain

I would like to be informed on what happens to your investment if ICO didn't reach its minimum capital. As far as I know, ICO will be refunded to its investor. But a particular ICO told me that their project will continue and the coins will still be on exchanges even if didn't hit the minimum cap. Is this true? or is it possible to be a scam? Thank you for your responses

It's good to possess the spirit of transparency and honesty. Whenever it happens that a particular ICO can't meet up with the minimum cap "soft cap" and still didn't refund investors funds, in some cases it's not a conclusion that the ICO is purposely organizing to scam.
For every legit launched ICO hope for the best, probably they might have better plans to bring their dream in to fruition and also it can be a scam. But, the best practice should be when a launched ICO is unable to reach its soft cap, investors funds should be returned with immediate effect.
Several failed ICO in the past has put such into practice to mention a few Swapy, Trendit. Like this new project "Linkchain", it stated clearly in the whitepaper that "Investor's funds will be held in escrow. If for whatever reason the soft cap is not reached, 100% of token buyer funds will be returned". Which is a good practice?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
cuongdola211091

Activity: 180
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:20:35 AM

When an ICO project does not meet the softcap means that the project will scam investors will lose confidence in the ICO because the investment is not refunded.
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:39:04 AM

I  believe that ICO should refund the investor's money and they should not take the money and just be gone like a bubble. It will be the responsibility of the ICO to initiate such move since it will be the right thing to do. Perhaps,  if some ICO has not reacbed the soft cap target during the pre token sale,  they still manage to continue on tbe exchange sites.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
coolon

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:51:32 AM

I would like to be informed on what happens to your investment if ICO didn't reach its minimum capital. As far as I know, ICO will be refunded to its investor. But a particular ICO told me that their project will continue and the coins will still be on exchanges even if didnt hit the minimum cap. Is this true? or is it possible to be a scam? Thank you for your responses

There are such ico who continue to work if they have not collected enough money. Mostly, investors return money, but there are dishonest ico.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: