Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:12:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-10-12] Iranian Computer Hardware Company Accepts Bitcoin  (Read 147 times)
iamTom123 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 04:42:45 PM

Lioncomputer is an Iranian computing hardware company that has been operating since 2013. Yasser Ahmadi of Lioncomputer told us that Lioncomputer has sought to actively engage with the Iranian bitcoin mining community, stating that the company “has supported miners through mining forums and provided them with the latest mining hardware.” Mr. Ahmadi claims that Lioncomputing has been “the biggest online hardware shopping website in Iran [since] 2013.”

According to Mr. Ahmadi, import sanctions have made it difficult for Iranian miners to keep up with technological innovation in the mining industry.

Source Here!

I guess this can mean that there are now an active Bitcoin community in Iran and they must be so interested to be a part of the Bitcoin train but the problem is that the government is not really supported of a decentralized currency as we know that Iran is under in another control-freak regime. Let's see how the Iranian government would be reacting if there would already be a good number of people into Bitcoin-related activities. I am predicting that it would be following the hints from China and would go for the ban rather than regulate.

However, for now, I am giving Iran the benefits of the doubt which it sorely needs. Deep inside, I am hoping that the Iran market can be open for Bitcoin through recognition and eventually legalization but this can just be a pipe dream knowing how close-minded can the Iran regime be.

Do you think that one day Bitcoin can freely in the Iranian society?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: