Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:31:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN WILL NOT IT SURVIVE THE NEXT 5 YEARS???  (Read 551 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OVINED (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:09:09 PM

The current surge in BTC price is contrary to most market policy as the rise is hinged on a massive FOMO (Fear of missing out).

With increase in transaction fees and delay in confirmation alongside aggressive forks... I fear the survival of BITCOIN as the premier cryptocurrency in the next 5 years...

What is your view on this???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Bitcoin will survive this is by far. If you are concerned about the price of transaction I think as the rising price of bitcoin, the percentage does not change. If users agree with each other and will exchange bitcoins directly then we will have the opportunity to save a large amount of money in the exchange of bitcoins for Fiat.
hordfly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:21:52 PM

I see it soon replacing fiat currency , by then everything is stable, not volatile ,

and as a deflationary currency I see it would jumpstart the economy, encourage spending
andylowe

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:27:52 PM

The current surge in BTC price is contrary to most market policy as the rise is hinged on a massive FOMO (Fear of missing out).

With increase in transaction fees and delay in confirmation alongside aggressive forks... I fear the survival of BITCOIN as the premier cryptocurrency in the next 5 years...

No, I see bitcoin will survive more than 50 years. Nowadays, we are on a digital world. I have even heard about implanting microchip into ones body and all the bank accounts of that person are link to that microchip. Whenever he wants to biy something, he will just tap his wrist ( where the microchip was implanted ) and the payment will be transacted digitally. See the future of digital currency? I know it will continie to rise and it is unstoppable!
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:32:18 PM

Increase in transaction fees?
Your transactions today can easily happen with 0.0002 btc fees.
And you can easily transact paying 0.0001 btc and if that is alot for you then I don't know what low you want.

Aggressive forks?
Whatever appreciation you are looking in price of Bitcoin at present is all because of Bitcoin gold fork. People are increasingly buying Bitcoin to increase their holdings, for free BTG. Forks are being catalyst rather. The only issue is with Segwit 2x fork and it might not even take place. So, you shouldn't jump to the conclusion that Bitcoin won't survive in next 5 years.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:33:36 PM

Well if your predictions were accurate, on the increasing fees part and slower transactions times, then you could be right, but the thing is that bitcoin development hasn't stagnated. The SegWit update (not the 2x thing, I'm talking abut the real update and not the "attack" on bitcoin) made a lot of things possible, like the Lighting network that is not yet implemented. When that gets done, all those problems that you are talking about will cease to exist, so your premonition can't really come true, because it stands on problems that have a solution, and are only temporary.

Also, about the forks, the bgold fork is not agressive, it will be just another "airdrop" like bcash was. It wont be harmful.
The SegWit2x might not even happen, F2Pool already withdraw it's support, and maybe more pools will follow.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

ninabobo

Activity: 463

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:36:09 PM

you are too scared, or are you jealous because it does not have bitcoin when bitcoin is pumped ..
you make an opinion which surely will not people listen at all. because we all know what is at risk in the world of crypto investment.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:06:16 PM

Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrencies, expect >500.000$/BTC in the next years

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:06:26 PM

I am pretty much sure that bitcoin is sure to survive more than next 5 yrs. And it is the bitcoin value and demand and other fundamental factors that will decide whether bitcoin will survive for next coming 5 years or not and not the Bitcoin price only. Right now it is trading at record high price of $5400 and i am sure that Bitcoin will grow bigger for every one year, no matter who bans it or who use it,  because if people continue to exchange bitcoins directly then we are sure to save a big amount of dollars in the exchange of BTC for Fiat and other currencies.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
WinVery.com

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:39:57 PM

Bitcoin will be at a much higher price in 5 years.
FrankNoland
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:18:29 PM

Have you been reading about the speculations that bitcoin has the potential of reaching $100 000 in the next 10 years. I also believe in the speculations since I have already seen it with my naked eyes, the value of bitcoin this year has been increasing than any other coin, and  I believe you know that. What you are saying cannot be true, bitcoin will always be the superior coin.

Digital asset exchange for settlement, clearing, custody and trading of various digital assets, utilizing distributed ledger technologies, programmed on the blockchain -https://bex.global
handsum242

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:21:27 PM

Bitcoin has the name and biggest share in crypto market, but it needs to keep developing or other coin will surpass it.
Terry05

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:26:39 PM

In my own view, I think bitcoin will survive longer time and continually recognize by other country. We have seen that the price of the bitcoin is increasing and recovering after last month down fall. I am sure that the price will spike again into another higher price and it will gain more popularity in other part of the world.
RautK

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:29:17 PM

I don't bitcoin is going to die at all...It will evolve if the circumstances force it to..
But we need a strong community that won't abandon the philosophy of a decentralized global currency when another China happens...

With more and more governments passing resolutions or planning to I think the future is secure but then again the community ... you know.. and moon is just the first stop..
dreamer81

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:34:24 PM

watch and learn my friend. Bitcoin is only in the beginning of it's growth story. Sure it can fall back to $4500, but there is a much higher chance that it will hit $10k next.

buy and hodl...... I learned it the hard way. I had over 25 bitcoins, and sold them around $700
omitusaf

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:39:22 PM

I am of the firm opinion that bitcoin  is overcoming and will eventually overcome the world's financial markets. Everything happening around bitcoin  and other Cryptos are boiling down to a single point -- the world adoption of them as means of exchange. Very soon the world will have a single currency -- bitcoin.

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:45:34 PM

Bitcoin maybe one of the most infuencial on the entire planet after 5 years. Bitcoin could hit 20 to $30k  as speculators and businessman says. Bitcoin can development much more great things after years that will passed that will allow every single person in this world will use bitcoin in thier eveyday life.
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 07:49:46 PM

Bitcoin maybe one of the most infuencial on the entire planet after 5 years. Bitcoin could hit 20 to $30k  as speculators and businessman says. Bitcoin can development much more great things after years that will passed that will allow every single person in this world will use bitcoin in thier eveyday life.
you're just talking about $ 20 or $ 30, or in general about the thousands that Bitcoin can have?

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:37:45 PM

Bitcoin has the name and biggest share in crypto market, but it needs to keep developing or other coin will surpass it.

Yes that is right to say that other altcoin can replace bitcoin no doubt but i think that it is not such an easy take. i think it will require a great effort for that, because in current time i do not think that there is any other currency which have the power to replace bitcoin, because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and which is making bitcoin more powerful.
DiggerMan

Activity: 253
Merit: 10

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:52:07 PM

my opinion, BTC will survive more then we thought. Why... It is independent and non traceable, and don't need bank to make transaction. Undecided

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: