Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:17:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency - Inequality  (Read 1249 times)
novhitadaloma

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:47:16 PM

Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, and there are so many other altcoins like Ethereum and others.

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:29:50 PM

Today I happen to notice the Bitcoin price has gone up to 5400 level. Why there is no big activity in other alt coins. I feel 54% of market cap is Bitcoin. So does it mean alt coins have no value.

I feel there big inequality or all other all coins in no way par with bitcoins as it is market leader and it is distancing itself from others in Price.

The 54% market cap dominance we now see for Bitcoin might seem 'inequal', but is actually still pretty low considering BTC occupied at least 80% of the market cap before the spring of 2017. Altcoins are agressively on the offensive this year. Personally I'm diving entirely into altcoins in the coming weeks as I suspect/hope they'll yield a profit when this whole hardfork thing has passed.

Altcoins move more than Bitcoin moves, but Bitcoin seems to hold its value longer and more reliability than altcoins. It all depends on your trading style. Altcoins are best for high risk, high reward - but if you are not skilled at trading, and many people are not, just buy and hold Bitcoin.
Bitcoin has earned its present status after many years and as it was a totally new concept so it grabbed the attention of most people and once they indulged into it, they realize its benefits. Then many other crypto coins were released in the market but none was able to get to the level of bitcoin. First, BTC supply is a scarce one from the beginning and the demand has been increasing with time. That is why, altcoins can't beat it.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:28:12 PM

Today I happen to notice the Bitcoin price has gone up to 5400 level. Why there is no big activity in other alt coins. I feel 54% of market cap is Bitcoin. So does it mean alt coins have no value.

I feel there big inequality or all other all coins in no way par with bitcoins as it is market leader and it is distancing itself from others in Price.

The 54% market cap dominance we now see for Bitcoin might seem 'inequal', but is actually still pretty low considering BTC occupied at least 80% of the market cap before the spring of 2017. Altcoins are agressively on the offensive this year. Personally I'm diving entirely into altcoins in the coming weeks as I suspect/hope they'll yield a profit when this whole hardfork thing has passed.

Altcoins move more than Bitcoin moves, but Bitcoin seems to hold its value longer and more reliability than altcoins. It all depends on your trading style. Altcoins are best for high risk, high reward - but if you are not skilled at trading, and many people are not, just buy and hold Bitcoin.
Bitcoin has earned its present status after many years and as it was a totally new concept so it grabbed the attention of most people and once they indulged into it, they realize its benefits. Then many other crypto coins were released in the market but none was able to get to the level of bitcoin. First, BTC supply is a scarce one from the beginning and the demand has been increasing with time. That is why, altcoins can't beat it.
Yeah that's right. On the other side,bitcoin is part of cryptocurrency. I get curious when the inequality existed among the two. Maybe others say not equal due to the value is reaching so high and sometimes not. Certainly,there are different coins that can't be the same level as bitcoin because those altcoins don't have much big profits that you can get. Fortunately,if it is converted to bitcoin depending of stakes that the coins have,for sure it's a big value coming from bitcoin. Inspite of inequality of bitcoin to cryptocurrency,they are just related to each other and a partner all the time to make it equal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: