Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs Cryptocurrency - Inequality  (Read 1249 times)
samy_voc (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:17:49 PM

Today I happen to notice the Bitcoin price has gone up to 5400 level. Why there is no big activity in other alt coins. I feel 54% of market cap is Bitcoin. So does it mean alt coins have no value.

I feel there big inequality or all other all coins in no way par with bitcoins as it is market leader and it is distancing itself from others in Price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VanDerWaals

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:30:09 PM

It doesn't mean that other altcoin does not have a value. Bitcoin was there first, is accepted by most people and institutions.
rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:34:05 PM

Today I happen to notice the Bitcoin price has gone up to 5400 level. Why there is no big activity in other alt coins. I feel 54% of market cap is Bitcoin. So does it mean alt coins have no value.

I feel there big inequality or all other all coins in no way par with bitcoins as it is market leader and it is distancing itself from others in Price.

I would not buy any altcoins now at all. As all altcoins are being converted into bitcoin and thus amount of free altcoins is growing. Its a hard game, Bitcoin might crash after the fork. Altcoins might follow and never recover, risky business, but things could just keep increasing to $10k bitcoin.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:40:43 PM

People are selling their alts and mothers for BTC as it will split again soon and they want free BTCG. Once the price started shooting up Japanese and Koreans got triggered, where will it stop no one knows.

BUT, LTC has already made a small comeback and ETH is steady in spite of a possible split. A bit of timing and buying alts before the end of the month could prove a better move than riding BTC. 

djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:40:51 PM

Why are you considering all the altcoins in that markercap? Top 10 have most of the share in it and are potential coins. Since Bitcoin enjoys the first mover advantage, bitcoin became a synonym to cryptocurrencies. Anyone who enters crypto market starts with bitcoin. Bitcoin is also a center medium for trade. Thus, the marketcap dominance is unavoidable. But saying that there are no potential coins in altcoin market would be wrong. There are some really goos projects going on which can emerge as a big companies in future and most probably in coming few years, altcoin marketcap would cross bitcoin marketcap.
ferrydriver

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:42:30 PM

I feel that this gap will only close over the years, Bitcoin is the market leader and really has lead to all of the other coins but eventually they will grow larger and BTCs market share will fall. Right now a lot of outside money from investors is in BTC and BTC only
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:46:17 PM

I would not buy any altcoins now at all. As all altcoins are being converted into bitcoin and thus amount of free altcoins is growing. Its a hard game, Bitcoin might crash after the fork. Altcoins might follow and never recover, risky business, but things could just keep increasing to $10k bitcoin.

That could be one scenario, but there will for sure be alts that are going to experience growth as well.
I don't think it's a bad choice to buy, but there are a lot of things to consider.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 05:53:52 PM

The current rise in BTC and fall in top alts is because of people converting alts to BTC to get free coins at the fork. The situation is temporary and the current fall of alts has nothing whatsoever to do with their inherent value.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:02:46 PM

This is all just because hardfork. At November BTC dominance index will return to 45-48% and everything with alts will be fine. I mean valuable alts with real technology ofc.

babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:30:24 PM

It will be interesting to see which alt can stand on it's own without it's value been dictated by the rise and correction of bitcoin! Ethereum seem to be design to stand alone! Somehow it's value is still connected to bitcoin!
RichardBTC

Activity: 201

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

I feel that this gap will only close over the years, Bitcoin is the market leader and really has lead to all of the other coins but eventually they will grow larger and BTCs market share will fall. Right now a lot of outside money from investors is in BTC and BTC only

Bitcoin is only the "market leader" because the amount of people that know Bitcoin is amazingly large, so you can consider Bitcoin being the Gold of Crypto currency. I think in the future when more people start adopting crypto currencies you will start seeing other coins rising to the table, like ethereum, deeponion, neo ect.

That being said i also dont think bitcoin would ever go anywhere, it will always be around.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:53:30 PM

We will see after hardforks in October and November, that all cryptocurrencies (btw. Bitcoin is also one of them), going up.
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:59:54 PM

The 54% market cap dominance we now see for Bitcoin might seem 'inequal', but is actually still pretty low considering BTC occupied at least 80% of the market cap before the spring of 2017. Altcoins are agressively on the offensive this year. Personally I'm diving entirely into altcoins in the coming weeks as I suspect/hope they'll yield a profit when this whole hardfork thing has passed.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:44:41 AM

I see that the bitcoine rate to $ 5,400 grew on the background of the upcoming tough fork on October 25, as demand for it rose because many people want to buy it and subsequently receive a new free Bitcoin Gold coin. After carrying out this fork, apparently its price will go down for correction and will remain at an average level, but, I think, will not be below $ 5,000.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:15:50 PM

Well, Bitcoin indeed accounts for the vast majority of all the cryptocurrencies, however, you have to keep in mind that Bitcoin price is also subject to major fluctuations just like any other cryptocurrency. Which brings us to the fact that the current pricing is not as important for cryptocurrency as people's full trust and back up. At this point we arrive to clear understanding of supportive possition of it's major holders. So the good question is how can other alternative currencies obtain such a devoted audience and manage to get ahead of others and challenge Bitcoin or even knock it out of its throne. Nevertheless, neither of cryptocurrencies are even close to that

Analogplutonium

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:26:20 PM

Most people still only know about bitcoin or are afraid of the fluctuating altcoins. However Bitcoin will be a thing of the past soon, technically speaking. It might stay on top for some more time because of people and popularity.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:18:39 PM

There is no inequality i am against the idea of new split in chain in every 3 months but if you remember the first ever crypto currency invested was bitcoin that's it is said bitcoin is next gold no one says ether is next gold it is your fault no one told you to buy altcoin if you weren't greedy you could earn this profit
rindo

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:09:12 PM

At this moment the daily volume of bitcoin is massive. It is almost every new day a new historical higher for Btc volumes. The alt-coins are not so behind. The volume of alt-coins trading, in general, is between 3-4 billion dollars, daily... And just growing. When Btc push it up, the Alts are just following. This change is being exponential since the beginning of the year. So in my personal opinion, there is no Bitcoin vs Alts.... Both of them are growing together...
Blakscorpion

Activity: 215

CryptoFan

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:12:35 PM

You have to understand that Bitcoin is the first major blockchain. So historicaly, it has to lead the way.
More than that 99% of the altcoin have their value indexed on the bitcoin currency. Which means they are related and depend to it.

So it's  not a suprise that BTC dominate the market, you have to have a coin that lead the others, even if the technology is clearly not the best among all the existing blockchain.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:55:08 PM

There will be always connections between alts and BTC in BTC favor, all parities on exchanges are in  BTC/alt in most cases and most used. There is no coin who can compete with it, so they all are dumped because of BTC.. It's hard to imagine different situation in near future.Thar are only few coins who can change something, and they could do take over only if something happens with BTC integrity
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: