Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:38:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jaxx Wallet deleted a pub/priv key after I sent, and I am unable to recover it.  (Read 479 times)
jaxxproblems (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:43:08 PM

I have been using Jaxx wallet for sometime, and this is the first time I have seen this.

Today, I was sending coin to my wallet, and copy pasted, and double checked, like always, to make sure it was correct.  IT was.

The send occurred:  https://blockchain.info/address/16hCwR1EAbJhPVgzRZh2hhieB73CXi69WF

It NEVER appeared in my Jazz wallet.  My Jaxx wallet balance stayed the same. 

I went in to refreshed the balance, nothing.  Jaxx sometimes has issues syncing balances..... the fix was to refresh the cache in Jaxx.  I did that, no sign of my transaction still.

I then went into the priv keys, and see all of my addresses I have used, except for that one.  That address is not showing, so I can not even get the priv key now to restore it anywhere else. 

Jaxx has not replied to me at all.....any ideas? 

I imported my seed to electrum, and it is not showing that transaction either.....it is like jaxx just made a randm receive address, then deleted it totally from my wallet.  No idea how this could even happen. 
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaxxproblems (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:31:04 PM

Solved.

For some reason, the address I sent to was never activated on my wallet, or through my 12 word seed.  Even electrum didnt recognize that it had been used.

I was able to use a tool:  https://iancoleman.github.io/bip39/ to see all the addresses that would be generated by my 12 word seed, and their corresponding private keys to them all.  After going through them awhile, I found the address that I used!  I was able to import that priv key to blockchain, and then send it to my wallet, and recovered my btc.

No idea why the HD wallet and seed didnt recognize that this address was used, but manually importing it worked, once I was made aware of that tool by Jazz support.
jahead

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:43:02 PM

i have as well some issues with the JAXX-wallet and found this topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/jaxx/comments/75yctt/beware_jaxx_is_scamming_people/

with this posting:

(Update-I was contacted by Jaxx support, and they say that the developers are aware of an issue sending BTC and they are working to resolve the issue right now).

i was sending BTC hours ago and they are not confirmed till now, i was using the highest possible fee in JAXX...

they are f*cking retarted, im so sick of them, really, first the bch issue and many other problems and now this...  Angry

HEY JAXX-DEVS, SAY SOMETHING!!!
jaxxproblems (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:52:46 PM

The blockchain was backed up with lots of transactions in your case.... that happens....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: