Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:35:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY]DigitalCoin Payment Gateway for WooCommerce  (Read 1120 times)
jaywaka2713 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 04:40:39 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2013, 03:22:36 AM by jaywaka2713

I am pledging 0.25 BTC and 250 DGC for someone to develop a Payment Gateway much like the BitPay Payment Gateway for the WordPress cart plugin WooCommerce. Needs to be compatible with WooCommerce 2.0.*. Alongside the main DGC Payment Gateway, there needs to be a Plugin that adds DigitalCoin as a currency to WooCommerce. The Payment Gateway needs to know how to convert a BTC Price to a DGC price using the Cryptsy.com quote. Payment should also go to an address we choose.

I will DOUBLE my pledge if the plugin is structured like a master, which would allow us to replace its files with files of any other alt coin, so it can be modified by anyone easily, to fit any other altcoin. A guide on how to modify it would be required.

Current BTC Pledge: 0.25 BTC

Current DGC Pledge: 750 DGC

Other cryptocoins will be accepted for a pledge, but preferably pledge in BTC or DGC.

We need this plugin so we can start to see merchants popping up that accept DGC.

baritus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:23:32 PM

I'll start off by adding 500 DGC to this one.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
fendlestick

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:33:21 PM

Legitimate question, not being negative.  Bitpay is also a processor, once the plugin is installed it will need to use a central authority (bitpay).  Is this bounty also for the authority website that will hold the coins?

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
baritus
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

Legitimate question, not being negative.  Bitpay is also a processor, once the plugin is installed it will need to use a central authority (bitpay).  Is this bounty also for the authority website that will hold the coins?

If someone was to make a system comprised of a plugin and a payment processor, they'd be eligible for multiple bounties. There's already 1BTC and 2000 DGC pledged for the payment processor alone.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:54:39 PM

Does this have to be for woocommerce.  What if I were to create one for another ecommerce solution.  Does the bounty still apply?
baritus
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:59:50 PM

Yes, as long as you tell us your idea and we can agree on it.

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:07:49 AM

Yes, as long as you tell us your idea and we can agree on it.

well I'm curious about the specifications.  I could build a stripped down shopping cart plugin that implements the client or a daemon if it is available that sits on the server and generates dgc address for customer profiles.  problem is will the client be allowed on a web server.  if I can go forward this way I can generate plugins for most of the major ecommerce applications.  if not the I would take another approach.

I would build a payment gateway like the other poster suggested and expose an api like authorize.net or paypal does.  the first way is quick and dirty and gets the job done.  the gateway is a more long term approach but will take some time.  a few weeks to implement.
baritus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 12:10:46 AM

I prefer the second option. As long as you can show us the progress, the bounty will be directed to you as the pledge grows. That will help support your work.

jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:22:27 AM

If someone was to make a system comprised of a plugin and a payment processor, they'd be eligible for multiple bounties. There's already 1BTC and 2000 DGC pledged for the payment processor alone.

Where was this? Another bounty page? Please link.

baritus
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:27:17 AM

Here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216201.0

jaywaka2713 (OP)

aka 7Strykes

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 03:30:07 AM

Well because this is a seperate bounty for just a WooCommerce plugin. Most Bitcoin merchants I've seen use it running over Wordpress. They don't run stuff like Opencart or completely freelance carts.

You don't need a central authority. Just have payment set to your address and its good.

Does this have to be for woocommerce.  What if I were to create one for another ecommerce solution.  Does the bounty still apply?

It would be nice if it were for WooCommerce. What other ecommerce solution did you have in mind?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: