Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:59:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New LBRY App v0.17 - Decentralized Content Sharing  (Read 294 times)
Oakey22 (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:59:22 PM

Just to let you all know the new app is out today, search is working a lot better in this app and loads of free content on there Smiley

https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/releases/tag/v0.17.0

v0.17.0

Added

Added a new search service. Significantly improved search results.
    Channels now appear in search results. Channel card and display to be improved soon™
    Add setting to automatically purchase low-cost content without a confirmation dialog
    New custom styled scrollbar (#574)
    New tabs (#576)

Changed

LBRY protocol upgraded from v0.16.1 to v0.17. Several performance and reliability improvements, as well as many bug fixes.
    Improved Discover page load time by batching all URIs into one API call.
    Changed the File page to make it clearer how to to open the folder for a file.
    Display search bar on discover page instead of title and remove duplicated icon.
    Minor update for themes.
    There is no longer a minimum channel length (#645)
    Changed the File page to make it clearer how to to open the folder for a file
    The upgrade message is now friendlier and includes a link to the release notes.
    Local settings refactored and no longer intermixed with LBRY API library.

Fixed

Improve layout (and implementation) of the icon panel in file tiles and cards
    The folder icon representing a local download now shows up properly on Channel pages (#587)
    While editing a publish, the URL will no longer change if you select a new file. (#601)
    Fixed issues with opening the folder for a file (#606)
    Be consistent with the step property on credit inputs (#604)
    Fixed unresponsive header (#613)
    Fixed dark theme issues with text content.
    Minor css fixes.
    Fixed issue when file fails to download (#642)
    Fixed issue after accessing a video without enough credits (#605)
    Fixed channel fetching without claims (#634)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cicada1033

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:07:41 PM

Nice, I will atually check out the new app and see if they fixed former bugs. Maybe I'll give a feedback here once I played around with the app  Smiley

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:21:08 PM

Good job by LBry  team, it is good for a non ICO project make it in this space, I hope more update will be released. Not much work has been done on attracting users to their platform and this is something the team need to work on
krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:33:01 PM

I just tested it out and it does have a much better search function and the videos seem to load faster. In one of the next updates, I would like the ability to watch a video without downloading it to your hard drive. There might be a way to avoid this but I have yet to find it.
I support this project and feel it could do really well if they continue the updates.

Dinct

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 09:46:46 PM

I really appreciate the effort, thank you. Cheesy
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:42:45 PM

Tha,k you for this post.
Very happy to see the progress of the project.
Unfornately, Lbry price don't grow with this new.
I love this project.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:52:58 PM

So by now I tried out the new release.

First of all let me say: "A crypto project with a actual working product? Am I dreaming?!  Grin

Okey, jokes aside the app keeps what it promises. Offering videos on a decentral platform. The user interface is nice and clear. What's also great: Free LBCs for linking your Youtube account (Who doesn't like free coins Grin).

But of course there is a down side too. To watch a video every video is downloaded onto your hard drive. So it's not a streaming platform but more like a media file exchange. It lacks the basic ability to make it competitive with other platform like Youtube.

I really hope this project speeds up it's development. It doesn't need investors who buy the Library Credits but users who use the app, the platform. This will automatically create a demand for the credits. It still needs some functions to be implemented to attract this user base. But just imagine the platform is on point and will attrackt Youtubers to switch over. This would spread like a wild fire.
Why should this idea be absurd? Youtube is cutting the income of their contributers big time lately by refusing to display ads for their videos. On the Library Platform contributers are rewarded by their watchers. Once they realise this opportunity the Library Platfrom can be a game changer.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:55:47 PM

Now it's almost a beta product! Good job, LBRY, seriously!

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
Oakey22 (OP)

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:47:46 PM

I just tested it out and it does have a much better search function and the videos seem to load faster. In one of the next updates, I would like the ability to watch a video without downloading it to your hard drive. There might be a way to avoid this but I have yet to find it.
I support this project and feel it could do really well if they continue the updates.

To do that you can use https://spee.ch

just type any url from lbry like lbry://four will make it https://spee.ch/four and it will be displayed.

This works for free content Smiley

krypt0n1

Activity: 238

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

In addition to making it a truly streaming platform, which according to one of the devs i chatted with they are planning to transition towards, I would like to see a ratings system in place, similar to youtube. The ability to add comments would also make it a more community friendly environment. All in all, happy to see their commitment to the project with frequent updates.

thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:41:10 PM

The price of this project is UNBELIEVABLE
I think the bottom has been attained, we should expect the LBRY price to move up in the future.
Its a great WORKING project with very active developers and a growing community.
The project has been oversold for weeks now. The time to buy is now
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: