Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:43:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to turn BTC into Cash  (Read 3229 times)
Kinetic915 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:51:47 PM

does anyone have a good reliable site to turn bitcoins into a prepaid card?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 06:12:49 PM

does anyone have a good reliable site to turn bitcoins into a prepaid card?

I haven't used it but you may want to check out Gyft.com
cescan

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:47:10 AM

try bitcoins2paypal

nawazish1

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

PXC Research Team

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:51:34 AM

I would prefer WMX to WMZ. it is the easiest but don't know about the cheapness.

PXC: PmfFgdwwcXPa1QUmtVJevdPfHhmhztHHCv
BTC: 1P22tVABsd85L7kkpTmohCv5vK2BypFz3H
Phoenixcoin (PXC), a decentralised open source digital currency.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:26:52 AM

try bitcoins2paypal

142 USD for bitcoin? Is this a joke?

J.Socal

Activity: 495

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 05:11:03 AM

All I gotta say is where the frick is fc4b Huh
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:50:25 AM

Just started using CampBX after reading this thread and I think I'm a convert.  I used to be using Coinbase to buy bitcoins but this is substantially cheaper, and I don't need all the merchant tools that Coinbase offers.  It's not quite as simple as Coinbase is, but I like not having to pay the 1% fee and it doesn't appear that complex.  (Yet - I haven't actually bought any yet with CampBX, but the process doesn't look that complicated.)

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
halfawake

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:54:54 AM

This depends on where you live. If you're in or close to a big city with lots of local traders, then I'd say localbitcoins.com. Otherwise you're stuck with the exchanges.

Seems like the only place any one does any business with localbitcoins is in LA. 

I live in a fairly small town (of 30,000 people) in California and I was actually surprised to find when I looked up localbitcoins that there is someone selling bitcoins only a couple blocks from where I live.  So if you're talking about actually doing business - yes, there aren't very many of them yet.  But as far as actually buying bitcoins in person, no, LA is definitely not the only option for this.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:32:39 PM

Just started using CampBX after reading this thread and I think I'm a convert.  I used to be using Coinbase to buy bitcoins but this is substantially cheaper, and I don't need all the merchant tools that Coinbase offers.  It's not quite as simple as Coinbase is, but I like not having to pay the 1% fee and it doesn't appear that complex.  (Yet - I haven't actually bought any yet with CampBX, but the process doesn't look that complicated.)
While the price is stable or decreasing CampBX via Dwolla is going to be cheapest way to buy Bitcoins unless you can find someone in your area selling them under spot on LocalBitcoins.

When the price is going up quickly like it was in February-April of this year Coinbase becomes the least expensive because of how they lock in the price for you at the start of the transaction.
halfawake

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:27:54 PM

While the price is stable or decreasing CampBX via Dwolla is going to be cheapest way to buy Bitcoins unless you can find someone in your area selling them under spot on LocalBitcoins.

When the price is going up quickly like it was in February-April of this year Coinbase becomes the least expensive because of how they lock in the price for you at the start of the transaction.

Thanks for the heads up, this is really good information.  I try to buy bitcoins when the price is going down so that I can get them at a relative discount.  I figure since it's volatile, I may as well take advantage of the volatility to get a better price since I'm in no hurry to get them.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 08:45:10 PM

Thanks for the heads up, this is really good information.  I try to buy bitcoins when the price is going down so that I can get them at a relative discount.  I figure since it's volatile, I may as well take advantage of the volatility to get a better price since I'm in no hurry to get them.
In that case you'd be best setting up a Coinbase account and configuring automatic buying so that you get the benefit of dollar cost averaging.
halfawake

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 12:13:23 AM

In that case you'd be best setting up a Coinbase account and configuring automatic buying so that you get the benefit of dollar cost averaging.

Well, I've got a Coinbase account, but I don't plan on buying enough bitcoins to bother with dollar cost averaging.  I'm thinking of just getting 10 BTC total, for that amount, it's easy enough to just do it manually. 

Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

I am not sure there is a "best" way, at least without defining what parameters comprise the term "best". There is one way that has not been previously discussed.

Simply buy those things with bitcoins which cannot be directly purchased with fiat, and then resell them for fiat. A perfect example would be ASICminer USB sticks. Purchase a large quantity, and then resell them on ebay. It has the added advantage of allowing you to avoid any governmental interference wherein they claim you are in the business of transmitting funds illegally, and helps to grow the bitcoin ecosystem.

Just a thought.
areebmajeed

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 02:55:35 AM

Withdraw them Smiley
Kinetic915 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 05:38:08 PM

I am not sure there is a "best" way, at least without defining what parameters comprise the term "best". There is one way that has not been previously discussed.

Simply buy those things with bitcoins which cannot be directly purchased with fiat, and then resell them for fiat. A perfect example would be ASICminer USB sticks. Purchase a large quantity, and then resell them on ebay. It has the added advantage of allowing you to avoid any governmental interference wherein they claim you are in the business of transmitting funds illegally, and helps to grow the bitcoin ecosystem.

Just a thought.

I agree, and would rather go this way, but would like the BTC I mine to pay for the electricity they use.

halfawake

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 01:14:43 AM

Just a thought.

I agree, and would rather go this way, but would like the BTC I mine to pay for the electricity they use.

How about buying some solar panels with the BTC that you're earning from mining?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: