Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help setting up GUIMiner-scrypt alpha  (Read 4279 times)
puppetmaster (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:44:15 PM

Hello

I am wanting to move to mining LTC with a gui based miner. I believe the above miner should work. I have tried to set it up however it is just stuck on "connecting".

I was planning to use wemineltc.om

I used the following settings taken from their website http://wemineltc.com/gettingstarted

host: stratum2.wemineltc.com
username: myusername.workername
password: my worker password

Left everything else as it started. Use Stratum is set to yes.

Can you help?

Thanks
Kaepora

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:33:47 AM

Hello

I am wanting to move to mining LTC with a gui based miner. I believe the above miner should work. I have tried to set it up however it is just stuck on "connecting".

I was planning to use wemineltc.om

I used the following settings taken from their website http://wemineltc.com/gettingstarted

host: stratum2.wemineltc.com
username: myusername.workername
password: my worker password

Left everything else as it started. Use Stratum is set to yes.

Can you help?

Thanks
You inputted your actual username and workername and password correct?
What port are you using? Is it 3333?
Blockchainz

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:17:50 PM

I've cleared up an issue like that by deleting the worker account and making a new one. Also, one time I got too copy & paste happy and didn't realize that I had a space at the end of the some form data in guiminer.
puppetmaster (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:25:19 PM

A small update.

I got it working on my 2nd mining machine ok (2x 5870's). I found with tc settings alot of the time it would just crash when trying to open. I guess thats just because of it not being shaders * a number? I got it running atleast and has been mining ltc for 2 days.

On my main machine (2x 6970's, 1x 5870) it just crashes when starting. If i run cgminer seperate (i decided to do that on my 2nd machine) the program crashes. If I run guiminer, cgminer crashes as soon as I start. I have tried fiddling with the settings and config files but nothing seems to work.

I did have a go at changing drivers (on 13.6, same as 2nd machine) but for some reason this pc never liked older 13.x versions. I use it for gaming as well so dont want to go with really old drivers but Im hoping that isnt whats wrong.

Any suggestions?
puppetmaster (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:29:41 PM

Anyone? Sad
foxhole

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 11:30:26 PM

They have tutorials on youtube
puppetmaster (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 07:34:23 PM

I already have one PC setup. I don't think its as simple as "watch youtube" seeing as just running cgminer --scrpyt it crashes.
puppetmaster (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:41:21 PM

Guiminer is just a graphical interface that uses cgminer and other mining tools.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: