Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:32:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost 1 of 2 Multisig wallet  (Read 320 times)
michaelelwan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:48:07 PM

Hey guys,

This is really strange, I do not recall creating a multisig wallet to start with!

I had coins on Knots but I decided to move on to Electrum as it is a lightweight app. So, I sweeped the knots private key to electrum. By doing that, I was able to see my coins on electrum and I started to move my coins to it accordingly. Now, I got a Nano s and wanted to move them to it, I found myself not able to. Looks like somehow, I have lost one of my multisig wallets and this is the strangest part as I only created one wallet!

At the moment, I have the 2 of 2 wallet, its password and I can see my coins there. I do not recall that there was a seed given to me when I created this wallet. Any idea how I can solve this?

happy to send a reward to anyone who can fix this issue.
Cheers 
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 11:13:31 PM

Hey guys,

This is really strange, I do not recall creating a multisig wallet to start with!

I had coins on Knots but I decided to move on to Electrum as it is a lightweight app. So, I sweeped the knots private key to electrum. By doing that, I was able to see my coins on electrum and I started to move my coins to it accordingly. Now, I got a Nano s and wanted to move them to it, I found myself not able to. Looks like somehow, I have lost one of my multisig wallets and this is the strangest part as I only created one wallet!

At the moment, I have the 2 of 2 wallet, its password and I can see my coins there. I do not recall that there was a seed given to me when I created this wallet. Any idea how I can solve this?

happy to send a reward to anyone who can fix this issue.
Cheers 
So you mean you get already the private  keys from knots wallet and recover it in electrum since the bitcoin is there after electrum synced..
Here you can see your seed from electrum wallet if you are using electrum desktop you can found the seeds above there are 4 options there
File, wallet ,Tools and help options click wallet and you should see the seed and click it if its asking for password type it if what is password you added with your wallet and you can see your seed that you can use to nano s..
Hope it helps.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:25:21 AM

If you can't even get the seeds and its grey looks like its not allowed because you recover your bitcoin from private keys..
So i think better to make a new account but make bitcoin wallet again in electrum but make sure you save seeds and private keys this time.
Since you can be still control your wallet you can transfer your bitcoin to news wallet with seeds just make new wallet in electrum by clicking file in the top left and click new/restore and make your new account and save the 12  word seeds into  notepad and piece of paper and after that backup all of your  private keys after you made transfer your bitcoin from your old wallet which is where your bitcoin save.. then you can now use the seeds into your ledger nano. .
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:57:46 AM

sorry for your loss. in future don't drink and bitcoin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: