Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now That We're Above $5000, how long until we hit $10,000 BTC  (Read 1666 times)
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:08:38 AM

My predictions are as follows;

2017 Peak = $6,900
2018 Peak = $13,000
2020 Peak = $28,000
2025 Peak = $89,000
2030 Peak = <$200,000

Still hodling.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jrobi4life (OP)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:10:44 AM

With Bitcoin basically making Dimon shut his mouth and his own company helping to make him look like even more of a Jack*ss, plus the hardfork that's coming, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw $10,000 bitcoin by the first of November
Now 10k by November 1st haha no I completely disagree, by no means can it go that high, 6k or 6.5k is a more realistic target and if both forks works to advantage of Bitcoins 7 - 8 K year end. But that's also high valuation according to me.

It wouldn't make concrete plans on it being $10,000 but I really think it's possible.  If bitcoin is going to reach the type of numbers like John "I'll eat my dick on live tv if Bitcoin doesn't reach $500,000 in three years" McAfee and others say, we're going to see some drastic jumps and the supply and demand numbers support that.  It's just a matter of when.  I wouldn't bet the farm on it hitting $10,000 after this fork but I wouldn't be shocked either.

jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:22:06 AM

2017 Peak = $6,900
2018 Peak = $13,000
2020 Peak = $28,000
2025 Peak = $89,000
2030 Peak = <$200,000

Still hodling.

I think anything past a few years is an eternity in crypto.  With the pace of the advances in trading and AI who knows what will be happening in 2025.  I will say I think your 2018 prediction is wayyy too low.  If we look at just the past year the price of bitcoin has doubled every few months.  With the supply limited to only 21 million, it could literally explode just from one big news story or one government or major investment firm launching some major project.  I think with BitIndia making bitcoin available to the 2 Billion citizens of India we could see some huge gains.  We haven't reached mass adoption yet but we're getting closer to mass awareness and mass curiosity. I think in general we're going to see some CRAZY charts this year and all the conventional wisdom for chart analysis carried over from the stock market or Forex will be almost completely useless

Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:31:43 AM

2017 Peak = $6,900
2018 Peak = $13,000
2020 Peak = $28,000
2025 Peak = $89,000
2030 Peak = <$200,000

Still hodling.

I think anything past a few years is an eternity in crypto.  With the pace of the advances in trading and AI who knows what will be happening in 2025.  I will say I think your 2018 prediction is wayyy too low.  If we look at just the past year the price of bitcoin has doubled every few months.  With the supply limited to only 21 million, it could literally explode just from one big news story or one government or major investment firm launching some major project.  I think with BitIndia making bitcoin available to the 2 Billion citizens of India we could see some huge gains.  We haven't reached mass adoption yet but we're getting closer to mass awareness and mass curiosity. I think in general we're going to see some CRAZY charts this year and all the conventional wisdom for chart analysis carried over from the stock market or Forex will be almost completely useless

I think bitcoin will likely have more bad news than good news for the coming months. No major retailers have adopted BTC, there are few legal frameworks to support its use as an exchanged currency, and there is a lot of opposition due to the fact it's mostly used for money laundering and drugs purchases. I'd be happy to use BTC for most of my routine purchases if a big company would accept crypto, but that is HIGHLY unlikely to occur within the next couple of years or so. I think my estimates are reasonable, I do not see it breaking $20,000 unless a major corporation embraces it.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:43:12 AM

I think bitcoin will likely have more bad news than good news for the coming months. No major retailers have adopted BTC, there are few legal frameworks to support its use as an exchanged currency, and there is a lot of opposition due to the fact it's mostly used for money laundering and drugs purchases. I'd be happy to use BTC for most of my routine purchases if a big company would accept crypto, but that is HIGHLY unlikely to occur within the next couple of years or so. I think my estimates are reasonable, I do not see it breaking $20,000 unless a major corporation embraces it.

i have no idea what's gonna happen so your predictions are just as good as anyone else's, but retail is irrelevant. all the places that want it to be persona non grata have already done so. on the flip side it's now as legit as the emperor's check in japan.

drug users and money launderers would have to be extremely stupid to use bitcoin these days. it's terrible for both purposes because everything is traceable.

the only thing that really matters is more people wanting to buy it than wanting to sell it. how long that remains is yet to be seen, but as more people learn what it's all about the people who already have it don't want to sell it and the people who want to get in will pay more.

jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:47:26 AM

No doubt BTC will reach 10k someday but in order to reach that value, BTC must go down again to make futher accumulation to pump at 10k.
10k this year is impossible,, BTC has a chart pattern he walk to.

I would never use the word impossible when talking about bitcoin.  The rules that apply to forex and stocks don't apply the same to bitcoin.  When have we ever seen a chart like this before?  Just looking at the supply of Bitcoin compared to the interest it has around the world it could jump up $10,000 in one day.  It's now on every major nation and investment firm's radar.  It's really just who's going to capitalize first.  What if a company like Goldman Sachs decided they were going to quietly buy $50 Billion in Bitcoin one day. Or a government like China decided to buy 100 Billion in Bitcoin.  Both of these are totally within their power and would send the chart vertical.

jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

Bitcoin doesn't have to be accepted by any retailer to be successful.  There are already plenty of Bitcoin debit cards that automatically exchange Bitcoin for fiat at the time of purchase.  Also bitcoin's primary value is as a private store of value.  As long as there someone that will accept bitcoin for currency we don't have to pay for our groceries in bitcoin for it to be valuable.  But make no mistake, bitcoin payments at retailers are already happening and will only increase

paulifa123

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:11:51 AM

Man, I just can't believe this. Just over 2 years ago I was buying towards the bottom of the last downtrend at $170. Having been stung earlier buying at $1000 it worried me that I might be buying into a dying concept. Best $20k I ever invested...  Grin Cheesy Grin

I think we might see $10k by end of the year.

ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:28:19 AM

$10,000 is nearly very possible but as we all know this is happening because of the incoming hardfork we could not expect if this price will continue after this fork ,I really believe that finally we could hit a  $10,000 AHT by the beginning of 2018 IMHO.

Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:31:48 AM

With Bitcoin basically making Dimon shut his mouth and his own company helping to make him look like even more of a Jack*ss, plus the hardfork that's coming, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw $10,000 bitcoin by the first of November
That would be possible by the end of this year or maybe early 2018 especially if the next hardfork that will happen in November, will be successful that will again  make the market value of bitcoin to go skyrocket like the previous one. Backdrops before November are expected since the fork is getting near, the best thing to do is to hold because surely, after the fork ,it will again increase and be more expensive.
Do you realize what it means for the next hard fork to be successful?

If a breakaway becomes successful, the remnant is then doomed, because the breakaway would have sapped it dry. The last hard fork that produced  Bitcoin Cash couldn't achieve what they had intended and Bitcoin remained stronger. If it were otherwise, we sure won't be talking of $5000 per Bitcoin today! By the way the journey to $5000 price level was so long coming, because of Bitcoin internal enemies, $10000 would be no different unless the current bullish pressure does so before the November hard fork.
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:37:31 AM

I think that the market has already shut itself off from those nasty and unnecessary FUDs and not even Putin was able to douse some cold water on the surge of Bitcoin lately. I am there would be corrections in value as the way for Bitcoin not be bubbling down but we known that once it got into a certain level it would be back soon with a vengeance. Yes, I am also optimistic and I see Bitcoin to be hitting $10,000 by next year maybe in the 2nd quarter of 2018.

It is indeed time for Dimon to stop saying anything bad against Bitcoin because even the firm he is working for has been conducting Bitcoin-related activities and it would be a big shame for him to be exposed as just another charlatan not worthy of big respect and following. Right now, there are many big financial companies who are already looking at ways they can have a slice of the big Bitcoin pie.

xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:33:35 PM

Probably will take at least a week Angry

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Bessta

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:03:30 PM

I think in 5 to 6 months from now bitcoin will hit $10,000 probably  by the end of march 2018. Price will continue to blow up  according to pattern. Possibly, Bitcoin will be the next world currency.

HYDAX EXCHANGE BOUNTY ANN
A Secure, Efficient, Simple Cryptocurrency Exchange
Exchange Futures & Options IEO APP Community
jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:14:09 AM

because surely, after the fork ,it will again increase and be more expensive.
Do you realize what it means for the next hard fork to be successful?

If a breakaway becomes successful, the remnant is then doomed, because the breakaway would have sapped it dry. The last hard fork that produced  Bitcoin Cash couldn't achieve what they had intended and Bitcoin remained stronger. If it were otherwise, we sure won't be talking of $5000 per Bitcoin today! By the way the journey to $5000 price level was so long coming, because of Bitcoin internal enemies, $10000 would be no different unless the current bullish pressure does so before the November hard fork.
[/quote]

I think the only way a fork of bitcoin can be successful is if it is radically different with features unavailable on bitcoin.  Having a different block size just won't be enough to keep it alive especially when they're using names like Bitcoin_fill in the blank_.  To be successful it needs a totally different name to differentiate it's vision so it can begin on it's own journey.  However that doesn't seem to be the nature of forks at least until now.  They just end up being identical other than one or two features that a segment of the community feels strongly about. Any coin that's named Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Platinum, Bitcoin Diamond etc. etc. will just feel like a knock off in the long run and the majority of it's value will likely just flow back into bitcoin.  Based on what's happened with Bitcoin Cash everyone is gearing up to follow that same pattern.  The difference is, I think for these forks people will be even more keen to look for the top price and dump it right away.  Which is why I think we're going to see an even more exaggerated boost in Bitcoin's price

jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:28:43 AM

I think that the market has already shut itself off from those nasty and unnecessary FUDs and not even Putin was able to douse some cold water on the surge of Bitcoin lately. I am there would be corrections in value as the way for Bitcoin not be bubbling down but we known that once it got into a certain level it would be back soon with a vengeance. Yes, I am also optimistic and I see Bitcoin to be hitting $10,000 by next year maybe in the 2nd quarter of 2018.

I agree.  The next day after Dimon said he wasn't talking about bitcoin anymore he went on a rant where he said Bitcoin users were stupid among other things and it seemingly had no effect.

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:38:37 PM

It is too soon to predict it, but i think that we are going to go through a huge dip after this mess of the fork, and we are far away from $10k, that is more than 2x from now.
We need to face hundreds of good news to reach that price, and it is pretty impossible right now without the help of any governments or good financial assets.
But it still have some hope about it, i am going to sell my bitcoins at $8000 so i am close to that rate.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:12:59 PM

I have speculating here before that bitcoin may hit  $10,000 before end of this year but that was not realistic. Bitcoin has been making a lot of progress this year and last month was not all that good especially since the news of banned of bitcoin activities in China come out on 12 of last month. However I am seeing bitcoin hitting  $10,000 before end of first quarter of next year. Now is still the best time to buy bitcoin and by next year be able to double your investment.
jrobi4life (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:42:22 PM

Probably will take at least a week Angry
That's the type of enthusiasm I like.   lol There are only about 18,000,000 bitcoin.  It could literally happen any moment lbvs

Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:54:46 AM

November is not a possible date for that moment. It would be either on the first or second quarter of year 2018. If ever I see bitcoin reached $10k before 2018 then I will be terrified because I know it'll be like an omen that bitcoin will have a possible huge crash. We don't need to hurry because we will be eventually going there.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:52:45 AM

I would not really say Dimmon has shut his mouth yet cause he still seems angry his words did not make any impact and he is still talking based on the recent news on CNBC. However, he is a Jackass (no need being modest about it) and he would definitely end up getting what he deserves at the long run.

I only pity those who are taking his word for it knowing it is a piece of shit, and I am sure Dimmon has a wallet somewhere with BTC in it and that makes him a hypo!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: