Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:21:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this bitcoin high making your poorer?  (Read 392 times)
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:36:33 AM

there must be many people on here who are very alt heavy. because of that these bitcoin all time highs must be giving you quite a hit.

are you a long way down or have things equaled themselves out? i've just done my sums and i'm way down but that'll teach me for not getting out while the going was good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:58:29 AM

It is making you poorer if you are bagholding. But I reckon many altcoin holders have already finished selling most of their coins and are now holding bitcoins. Observe how all the selling started from their peaks 4 or 5 months ago, depending on the coin. 

I speculate all that value made in bitcoin will transfer once again back to altcoins, hopefully by December.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 12:59:42 AM

I don't think so. Participating in ICOs is good to not to worry about bitcoin that much. Just my cent.

Dullmartini

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:18:49 AM

It would make me poorer if I sold my alts. Most of them are underwater except ripple, zcash, bat and ardor.

Whatever though. Right now it’s just a loss on paper. I’m not going to sell now. In fact I’m buying more. Everything i own will go back up soon and I will be richer than when I started.
Netzcrypto

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:21:11 AM

I'm not selling at a loss no matter how long it takes for my alts to recover. So, no, BTC bull run is not making me poorer.
edynolan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:26:11 AM

I feel rich with this high bitcoin price because I have bitcoin when the price is low and now the price is almost 2x higher than it used to
parra5891

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:36:25 AM

It would make me poorer if I sold my alts. Most of them are underwater except ripple, zcash, bat and ardor.

Whatever though. Right now it’s just a loss on paper. I’m not going to sell now. In fact I’m buying more. Everything i own will go back up soon and I will be richer than when I started.

I concur, I'm down pretty hard on QTUM after purchasing at 0.00234 but my feeling is that when the BTC pull back happens, it'll come back high enough to hit my sell limit.

I just wish I'd waited a little longer to buy in the first place but then hind sight is the 20/20.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:38:28 AM

I know that if someone removes them early, I will regret some progress ( poorer for suremore poorer an that time it depens if you take btc arlier  )
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:45:11 AM

Well, a strange phenomenon I observed is that even though altcoins may be down, the XMR mining difficulty has not moved much...

Seems still many believers out there?
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:29:05 AM

It seems so. But the real value of your assest is when you buy or sale them. So whatever price rise or loss you may have, you are not in profit or loss unless you sell them.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:34:56 AM

I don't think so. I strongly believe that my altcoins will recover in due time. It is also a good thing for me that Bitcoin value is vry high because once my altcoins recovered, I have a high value of it when I exchange it to Bitcoin then Bitcoin to fiat. I don't feel some losses here.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:50:27 AM

I hold around 50 bitcoin right now and some altcoin and so that will make me become poor person, I just waiting for the opportunity to buy the more altcoin caused by the bullish and fomo from the bitcoin buyers. and thanks with each bitcoin and i will got tons of altcoins.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:53:39 AM

Exactly most of us are expecting that altcoins will recover its price after the fork. I know that alt coins are on sale right now that's why i am buying more altcoins since it is really cheap now. Although bitcoin is gaining momentum i am pretty confident that there will be   a pullback on price after the hard fork.

It is actually foolish if you are going sell you alt coins now, we just need to hold our coins and be patient after three weeks it is our time cash in.
iluvbtc

Activity: 221

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:57:45 AM

I'm heavily diversified so no:

- About 50% in base cyrpto currencies (Bitcoin and Litecoin)
- About 50% in alt coins, wide variety (SALT, OMG, PAY, BAT, PPT, EOS, CVC, ADEX)
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:59:44 AM

I am holding lots of alts along with bitcoin, will be selling almost all of my bitcoin at around $6k than I will hold those USDT buy more alts when this fork hype will be over and whales will cashout their profit.

Current pump on bitcoin is not justifiable, some of the chinese whales might sell loads of their bitcoin on foreign exchanges soon.

n4poleon

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:29:52 AM

Nah, only central bankers like you get poorer. It is evident that once btc stabilize and found a new floor, alts will rally soon and it might be sooner than what most people think.
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 03:50:30 AM

there must be many people on here who are very alt heavy. because of that these bitcoin all time highs must be giving you quite a hit.

are you a long way down or have things equaled themselves out? i've just done my sums and i'm way down but that'll teach me for not getting out while the going was good.

I think it totally depends on the relative portfolio weight investors have in Bitcoin vs all alts coins. If an investor was 40% to 80% allocated to BTC,  then they probably did just fine and conversely investors with a heavy overweight to alts must be down really big. I am not sure that now is the best time to liquidate alts in size and allocate to BTC, this could well be a short term peak before we have yet another BTC bear market. Now that hedge fund money is coming into crypto its quite possible that the large cap crypto coins continue to outperform simply because that is where the liquidity is. The small coins are too illiquid for the large funds and i-banks to take positions so they could languish for a long time.   

I think it is highly likely that the alts will gain back some of their losses particularly if they have strong uses cases / business models: Monero, Zencash, Spectrecoin, Ark, Factom, Radium, Crown, Bitsend are my top picks at the moment. 

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:08:39 AM

every people which keeping many altcoin in their wallet should not sell right now because like the title said, with bitcoin price is up too high, selling the altcoin is not a good choice. i think its better to keep the altcoin we have and waiting the rise of altcoin after btc price gets stable for a while. i am still holding many altcoin in my wallet and i think this situations makes each of altcoin is getting deeper than before and maybe it will reach the bottom price like the last year. so we can not doing anything except waiting the good moment for altcoin and i hope its not too long because it will go down more deep.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:16:34 AM

The impact and effect of collective believes of crypto community can never be underestimated. If the whole community believes there is free money to be made and you notice that they are moving in that direction, in spite of ones plan, one must change direction in other not to be left behind. This what I'm learning with this bitcoin increase.

pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 04:27:33 AM

It actually depends on how you react to the situation. An experienced person will know the right thing to do whereas panic people will make the wrong choices. BTC is increasing way too fast which is making the alts go down. Once the fork is done BTC will drop and Alts will most probably rise.
The best thing to do will be hold you alts if you already own them, buy more alts when it hits deep and hold the BTC you already have to obtain the free BTG. It is a very good opportunity in the crytpo community where money can be made from all aspects. It's just how you manage the situation.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███