Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin fliers?  (Read 1084 times)
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 02:55:38 AM

Are there any fliers online explaining bitcoin to print out and put in local areas such as coffee shops and what not?  I'll make one if no.

I'm in Asheville, NC and it seems noone has ever heard of Bitcoin.  I was at a party tonight and told a bunch of people about it and they were very interested and couldn't stop asking questions.  

I think if we all work on a local level and get the word out it will help bitcoin's cause alot.  Promoting on the internet is good but in the real world can be very powerful. Yeah?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anthony.selby

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:30:54 AM

Let me know when you have something ... I would love to post it around
Bitcoin Swami (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:38:56 AM

I have not seen any if you decide to do that for a project I would be happy to do any special/specific graphics free for something like that. It should include important websites relating to bitcoin such as bitcoin.org(obvious), mt.gox, tradehill and other important websites maybe a few that sell goods for bitcoins.

That would be great, I kinda suck with photoshop.  I'm sure we can find a good description that sums up bitcoin on the web, or if someone wants to post it here.  I guess you could also leave a blank spot for tradehills referral code for the person making the copies to write in? (good idea or not?).  Once its done i'll start making copies asap and start putting them out around town, it'll be kinda fun.  Everyone looks at fliers at coffeeshops and health food stores. Smiley (well almost everyone)

EDIT: if you do this I'll write your referral code in actually.  I'll take a pic to prove it when it happens. Peace
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 03:59:03 AM

I've been telling everyone about it and they are interested but it's soooo involved in telling them how it works. It takes me 20 minutes to get them to stop saying "until it gets hacked"

Now I just avoid telling people about bitcoin cuz I don't want to explain what it is  Tongue

Be humble!
killer2021

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 04:38:36 AM

No nee to explain just put this poster up in your shop window:

people will see it and search for it online and read up on it.

Anonymous Cash-By-Mail Exchange: https://www.bitcoin2cash.com
1H6mqgB6UcqKt2SrCmhjxUp9np1Xrbkdj7
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 05:44:29 AM

I almost didn't read this tread because it didn't have MtGox in its title.

Design it and I'll post it in several locations here in the community I live in. Even take a pic or two to share with you folks.

I wonder when the first billboard will have a bitcoin ad.

Here's a market who's demographics would use bitcoins: NASCAR. Image bitcoin sponsoring a car with a...wait for it...woman driver.

My brother told me today that he designed and built the machine to package nickels to go inside PayDay candy bars as a promotion. That got me a thinkin': How about a chance to win a free bitcoin inside a package (or written on the inside wrapper) of Bit-O-Honey? Of course many would read, "Sorry! Please try again. Visit Bitcoin.org for the promotional details." (or something like that)

Sorry for going on a tangent. Just food for thought.

I look forward to seeing the flyer so that I can download it and starta plastering.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: