Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:28:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitepaper Copy Over?  (Read 203 times)
Merptastic (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 01:08:46 AM

I was looking around some more new Alt Coins, when I noticed one with a whitepaper (surprise compared to the recent spat of no whitepaper announcements). https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2248159.msg0#new

So, I did some looking and it looks like 87% (5343 words) from the "WETEN" whitepaper token is a copy of the "DBET" whitepaper which has already had the ICO starting September 23rd. Large paragraphs and directly copied over with DBET switched out for WETEN

https://i.imgur.com/QtwLKe4.jpg

I'm not trying to badmouth WETEN but I'm just curious to why so much of this whitepaper is a copyover from DBET? Shouldn't a whitepaper be an original document proposing their ideas about a coin?
Forgive me if this is all just a massive coincidence.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a snapshot of WETEN's PDF as of 2017/10/12
http://docdro.id/e1TBqim

The DBET whitepaper can be found online
https://www.decent.bet/whitepaper/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 09:45:41 AM

Because it's a scam.  Just say it.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:16:10 PM

That's what these scams do. Isnt that the same thing HIVE did. They stole the Populous idea, plagerised the whitepaper. I think it was about 80% plagerised if I remember correctly. You know it is really worrying that the cryptocurrency space has become all about speculation. It is the wild wild west out there. The day all these people get burned, its going to be hell. Hive is now no 238 on CoinMarket Cap with a $8mil cap.How does that even happen?
Merptastic (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 01:18:33 PM

That's what these scams do. Isnt that the same thing HIVE did. They stole the Populous idea, plagerised the whitepaper. I think it was about 80% plagerised if I remember correctly. You know it is really worrying that the cryptocurrency space has become all about speculation. It is the wild wild west out there. The day all these people get burned, its going to be hell.

Overall, all these problems causes more uncertainty and doubt in cryptocurrency and gives it bad press. It's annoying.
cdb1690

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:36:50 PM

Most whitepapers are trash. Lot of buzzwords about disrupting old-fashioned industries, lot of unnecessary padding about basic crypto stuff (what is blockchain, how Bitcoin has changed the world and bullshit like that) and lot unnecessary neologisms trying to impress technologically less knowledgeable people. What you should be looking for is at least semi-detailed technical explanation coupled with detailed business plan in any shape or form. It could be in the form Wiki or documentation hosted on Github or even whitepaper. It doesn't matter as long as it contains detailed description of project itself and not some general mumbo-jumbo about utility of blockchains.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 10:17:59 PM

Most whitepapers are trash. Lot of buzzwords about disrupting old-fashioned industries, lot of unnecessary padding about basic crypto stuff (what is blockchain, how Bitcoin has changed the world and bullshit like that) and lot unnecessary neologisms trying to impress technologically less knowledgeable people. What you should be looking for is at least semi-detailed technical explanation coupled with detailed business plan in any shape or form. It could be in the form Wiki or documentation hosted on Github or even whitepaper. It doesn't matter as long as it contains detailed description of project itself and not some general mumbo-jumbo about utility of blockchains.
Dbet's whitepaper is weak and is disappointing so far.  Pre-ico the "devs" were pumping this ICO.  Trying to sell it to noobs and amateurs.  Sure, I bought some.  It's a gamble in itself.  It better pan out.  We don't hear a peep from the "team" anymore.  No tweets, two <2 min youtube vids, no facebook posts.  During pre-ico it was one big party...they were partying the fact that they're producing this huge scam coin.  Everytime we see them on their computers, we think they're working on debt, when really they're just pro crypto traders.  Pro ICO scammers.  I'm calling it a scam because they haven't proven otherwise.  Until then = scam.  Trading on Etherdelta is sub-ico price.  Someone please prove me wrong.

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:01:29 AM

I do agree that most whitepapers are thrash. Remember, they are written by marketers most of the time. But I still think a whitepaper is a very important document. Its more like a business plan. And a potential investor I always want to see it and analyse it. Any skilled person will be able to see  through the BS in these whitepapers. Now when a project can't even write a whitepaper, anyone should worry. However if you do see a project with a good and convincing whitepaper don't stop there. Follow them on social media, review their code on Github. If you are not a programmer you can still see if there is any development happening.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: